• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This looks pretty definitive however I will wait for a response from DontTalk or Monarch for now.

Litentric Teon said:
The part on Vile having possible resistant to power nullification didn't read like power nullification to me. Trying to take a magical object doesn't mean that she's negating someone's magic. Only that she's wrestling control of it. Similar to two people fighting for a gun. And she actually managed to take the armor as well.
Regardless, I don't really see a reason why Anne's power nullification wouldn't work on Vile's armor or even his shadows. Shadows lack physical form just like lightning lacks a physical form. It seems like it would hold effective here.
It is power null because taking control of someone's magic (she's not just telekinetically taking the armour from him, she's overriding his control over his own necromancy) is something she's done before and used to null people. And yes she managed to take control of it, but that was only after she threw him across a room. When she was just standing there trying to take control, he held onto his own control and tried to attack her again.

Shadows and lightning aren't comparable. Lightning is still just photons and electrons and such. Shadows are an absense of photons.

Anne can null shadow manipulation too.

Something i want to add before vanishing to work are AG`s, the primare enemy of Knights in Knight Run. They are basically Darwin incarnate, constantly evolving from type to type. While Knights are bound by what i call lack of direct biological evolution, AG`s are even capable of assimilating human technology. Even going so far as to steal martial arts and bio recreated weapons. Even Knight Trainee have to constantly fight against such monsters in their career, let alone Knights.

And those AG's are all life threatening. Even a fodder AG is fully capable of killing Master Knights if they dont pay attention to their surrounding. And i am not talking about Master Knights being cocky, but literally dying in a straight up duel against a fodder beast because they didnt block properly or missjudged their position and stuff.

Knights are basically dudes who bring swords to a mass gun fight (because god beware, those mofos are shooting lasers in masses too) and win wars in such conditions

Monarch Laciel said:
Shadows and lightning aren't comparable. Lightning is still just photons and electrons and such. Shadows are an absense of photons.
Actually, electricity is just the transfer of energy; it doesn't have a form of matter. It's pretty much energy, akin to light.

That said interacting with lightning to interacting with shadows is a pretty massive stretch as shadows are just the absense of light. Interacting with energy and interacting with something a shadow, which is just an area where there is less energy are very different.

@Monarch and Dargoo

I mean, both are supposedly intangible things with regards to physical objects, which was my point. Anne's power null doesn't seem to be so limited as to affect lightning and not affect other intangible things, say fire, light, or shadows in this case. Calling it a stretch is somewhat fair, but I don't think it's as far as a stretch as you all have described it.

But I guess she can null that anyway so this doesn't seem to matter.

As for taking control of Vile's powers, that seems weird. Like, it kinda feels like power nullification, but it doesn't read like he's nullifying his powers. His powers are still present, she simply nulled his control over them. Maybe something more similar to willpower manip. But it doesn't read like she's actually nullifying his abilities. Merely taking control of his magic such that he can't use his ability. It's not like he can't use it because it's been nullified. He can't use it because he doesn't possess said ability anymore. So maybe something more like power theft?

Electricity is intangible in that it isn't something solid that you can grasp, however it interacts with matter in an abundance of ways and you can even move electricity from place to place and disperse it with completely mundane stuff.

Shadows are just the absense of/areas with less light. They aren't tangible in the physical sense any more than the color red is. It's just that fiction likes giving people the ability to mess with them.

To be fair fiction does a lot of things because it sounds super cool y'know.

Like moving the clouds when shooting a beam because I mean c'mon that's cool

Yeah, but even in fiction stuff that are "intangbile" can be intangbile for a variety of different reasons.

First the Ship Gurls and now Anne, I am tempted to say Witch is making me want to see more matches with their favorite characters.

Anne FRA for now.

Yeah ok, resisting power absorption is more appropriate there.

Which means he doesn't resist null, so seeing as she can apparently null shadows I guess that happens and then 1000 weird weapons hit him.

Anne FRA

I both fear and am intrigued at a fight between Anne and Trigger Happy.

If they manage to get that far.

Woah what did i miss. Anne is actually winning.

Well then, simply because shes here because of me.

Anne for my reasons.

Back