• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slenderman Vs. Pennywise (Redux, again) (GRACE)

Pennywise would almost instantly know that Slendy is not really scared by anything and start with Deadlights, which is as fast as opening his mouth. Death hax needs Slender to whisper which takes more time than just opening your mouth.

Mind Hax doesn't have a known casting time or method so that is an unrelable wincon here, at least compared to Deadlight Mindhax.

Pennywise wins via Deadlight Mindhax

Honestly, Omnipresence makes it worse since he would by definition be in the influence of the Deadlights no matter what. Also speed is equal.

Actually I think his Omnipresence can hinder him, since it just hightens the chances of him looking into the Deadlights since he is apparently everywhere at once

I spam 101? All I did was update him so he actually has his hax...and then made a few threads...oof

Don't see how opening your mouth is quicker than a whisper.

Uh, Pennywise immediately whipping out the Deadlights as soon as he realizes his prey isn't scared isn't really in character. When that did happen he kept repeatedly trying to scare them and only opened his mouth once nothing worked. Plus, passive probability hax makes it more likely for Pennywise to make mistakes, which buys Slendy even more time to just whisper.

So let me explain, what happened when he smelled bev? She couldn't be scared and then instantly Deadlighted her. What happened when Richie was all macho? Instant Deadlights. He is fighting an entity similar to himself he wouldn't try anything to scare him, he would Deadlight right off the bat.

Probability manipulation is a thing... if it wasn't the fact Pennywise set in motion fate to kill the losers club im had they failed to stop them. Bev was shown what would happened and said if they failed they died. Also what's the rational for Slendy starting with death? Just because? My argument is backed up by what has happened slendy just has a bunch of facts but no in character way to use them.

And if Probability is so potent then does Pennywise even have a shot?

False, she was scared at those times, however after beating her dad (he MAIN fear) she can no longer be scared by Pennywise (hence her ramming a pipe in his throat when he turned into her dad) and he use Deadlights.

Richie was scared of clowns and his secret and when he wasn't scared of It and started fighting back with rocks... Deadlights.

Your arguments seem to forget each Loser had an open fear or a fear Pennywise knew about some other way and knew would work. When it no longer did he didn't waste his time.

Ah, omay, point taken.

However, there is still a counter argument to be made here. Penny's Clairvoyance would let Penny know that Slendy isn't afraid and give him an idea on what he'll do next. Knowing more about Slendy means Slendy knows more about him. As such, wouldn't Slendy know that Penny opening his mouth is bad abd then immediately whisper? Or at least, look away and then whisper?

Turning around is faster than opening his mouth?

Whispering is faster than opening his mouth?

Assuming both try to find info of the other with both looking at each other. I still think Pennywise has the faster draw for both. So... that's my thoughts.

Penny doesn't just open his mouth like a normal person though. He peels his face open into a gaping hole. That takes significantly longer.

So how did he catch Richie instantly? This is his fighting form so that clip more applicable to this fight than with Bev. It was nigh instant vs Richie so it should be assumed as such here.

Fire, Probability, Mind (which he can use instantly without speaking), Memory, Death manip, etc. kinda helps the man. Plus he has more combat exp and has actually fought opponents, though none with any real power.

>Death Manipulation is whisper based and I can't believe I have to expain why opening your mouth is faster than whispering.

Whispering means you have to Open your mouth and mumble words. Pennywise just needs to open his mouth. One takes longer do to the fact one requires 2 steps not one.

Probability is he only thing Slendy really has over Penny, but then again Fate might cancel it out. This one is up in the air tbh.

Memory Manipulation does what here? Pennywise has done it to a gang of losers and it seemed passive by just leaving his influence. Besides, got any timeframe or usage? Fire? Fire has to travel to Pennywise vs Deadlights... one is literally a beam of light.

Combat experience? You do know Pennywise went ham the moment he landed on earth and massicuted the natives like they were nothing? Pennywise had plenty experience spearing and fighting, other people like him? Not so much... Then again neither has Slendy.

Proof on this Passive Mind Hax? And Any timeframe of effect?

Slenderman has no mouth, so he isn't opening anything. And SM can regen to if need be. Fire doesn't travel, it can just be spawned on penny, and I didn't say passive, I just said they can be used via thought.

Even if he has no mouth Pennywise has thought based hax as seen from the Clip Gews left, Deadlights paralyze him, and overall has the most clear and open showings where as Slendy is vauge with alot of his abilities and with no in-character moves as I can see.

Passage saying he can spawn fire on him?

SM can regenerate... Ok how does that help when he's mindhaxed?

Also with the Slenderman Regenerationn part, going off the profile it seems that it is only with the bones of his victims and not naturally unlike Pennywise. And since there is no prep time so he can gather these bones, the Regenerationn bit is pretty much null and void.

Pennywise has never resisted being Lucius the Eternal'd and very much kills in character. Slender's passive probablility hax meaning Pennywise is more likely to make mistakes, too. So yeah, Slender just type 6s.

Also it is stated Slender has no mouth...but strangely does have a cow like tounge. Ugh fact book is so contrived. But yeah. If slender has no eyes, how is he supposed to look at the deadlights?

@Headless

Since he is capable of seeing without eyes, he can still see the deadlights. Since in the book it is still said that he is watching his victims. We can assume that he can see without eyes meaning that he is still vulnerable to the deadlights.

@Smashor

The probability manipulation can be canceled out by Penny's fate manipulation as Grey already said. Slendy's type 6 is only when he is killed and since Penny's mindhax and deadlight-hax don't kill the victim he can't come back since he isn't killed.

Back