• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Slenderman Vs. Pennywise (Redux, again) (GRACE)

@Gewsbumpz

Yeah, but Pennywise would probably kill them anyways. Has Pennywise ever just left someone insane on the ground without killing them?

Pennywise's Fatehax makes people's lives worse. Slender's probability hax causes all accidents. Pennywise is the reason someone had to get a job at McDonalds. Slenderman is the reason the Chernobyl Nuclear Catastrophe happened. I think Slender's is at least slightly better.

The Smashor said:
@Gewsbumpz
Yeah, but Pennywise would probably kill them anyways. Has Pennywise ever just left someone insane on the ground without killing them?

Pennywise's Fatehax makes people's lives worse. Slender's probability hax causes accidents. Pennywise is the reason someone had to get a job at McDonalds. Slenderman is the reason the Chernobyl Nuclear Catastrophe happened. I think Slender's is at least slightly better.
I'm doubting you actually watched the movies

Looking into the Deadlights doesn't turn people insane it puts them in a trance that severly paralyzes them. Leaving them vulnerable. Plus he didn't kill Beverly when she fell victim to the deadlights, so we can assume the same thing with Slendy.

In the second movie he actually made the Loser's lives great, they all grew up to be unnaturally successful, even across states for over a decade. So I'm pretty sure the fatehax would cancel out the probability hax.

@Gew

I honestly didn't. Not a fan of scary movies.

Wait, so is Beverly the only person he's ever used the Deadlights on?

Slendy is literally responsible for every accident that's ever happened. And it's passive, while Pennywise's is targeted (I.E. probably not passive) and nothing suggests he could use it on himself.

The Smashor said:
@Gew
I honestly didn't. Not a fan of scary movies.

Wait, so is Beverly the only person he's ever used the Deadlights on?

Slendy is literally responsible for every accident that's ever happened. And it's passive, while Pennywise's is targeted (I.E. probably not passive) and nothing suggests he could use it on himself.
Why are you even here

No Beverly isn't the only person he used the Deadlights on, you would have known that if you at least watched this clip that was shown earlier by Grey.

He can probably use it on Slend himself so no accidents happen around him (Making it so accidents don't happen to either him and ultimately on Penny since his ability to cause accidents with his presence has pretty much been nullified). It is somewhat how he did it with The Losers.

I'm here because I know about Slender, dick

I just effing got here.

That's not how these things work. Pennywise wouldn't use fatehax on Slendy if he didn't know about Probability hax. Which he wouldn't. Because why would he?

Also, why would Pennywise instantly think Slender wouldn't ever be afraid of him? He wouldn't expect someone to instantly be afraid just by seeing him. He'd try to make Slender scared. And that would be the end of the fight. Even a single moment of hesitation would be Pennywise's death. Pennywise prefers to toy with enemies, and some dude in a suit would be no different to him. Not to mention, Pennywise might not even be able to see Slender since he's invisible to some adults (And Pennywise would probably fall into that catagory)

Just getting here shouldn't be a good reason of not having knowledge on a character in a fight

Clairvoyance, he seems to gain information through this way (mainly the targets names and worst fears, how else does he know his victim's worst fears and names without meeting them before) he can also smell fear and through out the entire fact book it isn't said that he has a fear for Penny to exploit. So learning that he doesn't have a specific fear and not smelling any fear from Slenderman he would know trying to scare him is a bad idea. Unlike The Losers Club where he knows their fears. Like in the first movie he didn't smell fear from Beverly and she got deadlighted, same with Richie who was all macho in the second movie. Consider this how he would also know about Slendy's Probability Manipulation.

For the Invisibility I can argue that Pennywise can turn invisible (making him only visible through mirrors) and screw with Slendy's perception.

Also Gew you are kinda being an asshole, this is simply a vs debate on the internet. Don't need to make it personal. Smasher doesn't know much about Penny, so what? I don't watch every movie or read every book of the characters I use in vs match ups.

I read the profile.

Just because the fact book hasn't given Slendy a fear dosn't mean he dosn't have one.

Pennywise's wincon requires him to be directly facing his enemy and have his enemy be facing him while Slendy's is omnidirectional. Slendey can make far more use of invisibility here then Pennywise.

If you are going to argue with Slendy's omnipresence just know that means he is everywhere at once and Penny can show his deadlights in any direction and Slendy will be effected. And that is just with his deadlights, his other abilities have a higher range (where it effects The Losers across states). And care to explain how Slendy can make far more use of his invisibility then Penny.

>Penny doesn't start with Deadlights

Did you even read my posts? I debunked this argument already, Pennywise uses the Deadlights when he doesn't want to waste his time trying to scare someone who can't be scared or their fear is no longer a single thing anymore. Richie and Bev got deadlighted with no hesitation by Penny and since Richie was the only one to fight him this means his insta cast Deadlights are more analogously this fight than Bev. Omnipresence is restricted be cause speed is equal so I don't know what your argument is.

Both are 5 meters apart and know full well they are fighting and staring at each other.

That's not what I mean.

Pennywise's wincon is sight based, meaning Pennywise needs to be facing his enemy and his enemy needs to be facing him. He Pennywise dosn't know where his enemy is, he can't Deadlights them.

Slender's wincon (Death hax) is sound based, meaning the moment Slender speaks the sound waves travel in all directions because that's how sound works.

Comparing Pennywise's Deadlights to Slender's Death hax is like comparing a laser beam to an explosion, to put it simply.

Clairvoyance let's him now right off the bat, and since he's clearly not human he's not gonna underestimate him.

The Smashor said:
That's not what I mean.

Pennywise's wincon is sight based, meaning Pennywise needs to be facing his enemy and his enemy needs to be facing him. He Pennywise dosn't know where his enemy is, he can't Deadlights them.

Slender's wincon (Death hax) is sound based, meaning the moment Slender speaks the sound waves travel in all directions because that's how sound works.

Comparing Pennywise's Deadlights to Slender's Death hax is like comparing a laser beam to an explosion, to put it simply.
Actually is more like comparing the Speed of light to speed of sound.

Guess where Slendy falls

GreyFang82 said:
Clairvoyance let's him now right off the bat, and since he's clearly not human he's not gonna underestimate him.
How does it work? A scan would be good

Even if he sees, he still dies

>Penny uses claryvoiance

>Slender says the word

>Penny dies before he makes the next movement

Clairvoyant is passive, he knows everyone's fears right off the bat. Scan? Look at the whole movie, in the first one he doesn't even interact with most the losers and know their fears full well, and when he killed the bully he knew he was scared of zombies right off the bat.

Okay. So Pennywise would probably go for trying to Scare Slender before the deadlights. Then Slender whispers or screams or something. And then Pennywise is dead.

The Smashor said:
Okay. So Pennywise would probably go for trying to Scare Slender before the deadlights. Then Slender whispers or screams or something. And then Pennywise is dead.
No he would know he's not scared of anything like the losers are and won't waste his time. Also Slendy isn't human so he's not gonna think to toy with him.

The Smashor said:
Why do you assume Slendy isn't afraid of anything? Literally nothing states that.
Bro Bev said she wasn't scared when she clearly was in the grasp of It. I don't think Slendy is less brave than a little girl. Also the fears he feeds on have to be OVERWELMING. Not just some mild fear.

I listened through the entire audiobook and nothing in there says that he has a fear, you can go yourself I'm not lying

I just did? Bev wasn't afraid when clearly she didn't want to die and was running from It and that alone was enough for Penny to Deadlight.

The burden of proof is on you. You need to find where it says he has no fear, because otherwise we assume he does.

Are EITHER of you listening? Pennywise tries to scare when a clear phobia or traumatic fear is present. Minor fears aren't enough since Bev (after overcoming her Fathers abuse) wasn't scared enough for Pennywise to capitalize on. Instant Deadlights.

So actually, you guys need to bring up a fear SO GREAT Pennywise sees it as exploitable. Since the sightest sign of bravery is met with Deadlights.

That's because he assumes she was still afraid and didn't realize she overcame that fear. Also in It 2 he instantly knew and Deadlighted Richie.

We were listening. You just wern't making your point clear.

So it takes him a second to figure out if he should deadlight or not. Pennywise needs to smell for fear, then open his mouth. Meaning Slender talks and kills him. And once again, Slender is probably invisible to Pennywise so Pennywise would need to figure out where the hell Slender is while Slender would just need to talk within 10 meters of Pennywise (How far you can be from someone whispering to hear it) and he's no more.

@OP

To make it clear, I'm voting Slender, and I'd appriciate it if you'd count that.

Your forgetting that Slendy HAS TO THINK, since his other methods are useless against Penny. He has to use his clairvoyance then whisper.

Vs Penny who thinks then opens his mouth. Or maybe not even since he has instant though based mind hax as he did it to the towns people.

Slendy can't be invisible when "chasing" someone. So unless somehow Slendy is not targeting Pennywise I don't see how he's invisible. Unless you have a video?

Also there is Penny's Clairvoyance, which he uses to track down his targets and to know where they will be next

@Grey

He needs to whisper. Slender dosn't need to use Clairvoyance at all.

Penny needs to sniff to see if Slender fears him then open his mouth. Whispering is faster. According to you, he'd use Deadlights and not Mindhax.

Headless knows more about Slender then me.

@Gewsbumpz

Slender still kills first

What you said: Whispering is faster. According to you, he'd use Deadlights and not Mindhax.

What I actually said: Whispering means you have to Open your mouth and mumble words. Pennywise just needs to open his mouth.

Also Penny doesn't need to sniff, he would know if there is any big fear he has (which he doesn't) then open his mouth. Slendy does need Clairvoyance or else he'll do something that won't help him.

>Does Fire, Penny tanks and Deadlights

>Attacks, Tanked and Deadlighted

Slendy NEEDS to do that to want to start with Death Manipulation. As far as I can tell he doesn't just whisper to all his victims or it would have said so as a fact.

Edit: This is likely my last post on this thread, this debate has really warn me down and having to restate my arguments so many times when the first time got it across just fine, it really makes me frustrated.

Back