• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-C Tournament: Round 1, Match 1: Jurraxus Dreyar VS Shiki Granbell

I think maybe shiki, he dose scale to shura in base and should be much stronger in OD so he could possibly take it
We don't know what current Shiki's OD is capable of as he hasn't used it yet in the current arc, so it likely shouldn't be accounted for atm.

They both have comparable AP, but Laxus has the better mobility and avoid some of Shiki's attacks and Dura neg via Lighting body, has far more experience and stamina than Shiki has shown currently, and most importantly has better LS than Shiki does which will decrease the effectiveness of Shiki's Gravity.

Based on this Laxus should take this.

We don't know what current Shiki's OD is capable of as he hasn't used it yet in the current arc, so it likely shouldn't be accounted for atm.

They both have comparable AP, but Laxus has the better mobility and avoid some of Shiki's attacks and Dura neg via Lighting body, has far more experience and stamina than Shiki has shown currently, and most importantly has better LS than Shiki does which will decrease the effectiveness of Shiki's Gravity.

Rest in pepperonis Edison. Your lightning and beams will be missed.

It should be higher then what his base is capable of bare minimum so I don’t think it should just be ignored

wait when did shiki get dura neg? I guess

maybe, shiki should still have a decent ap advantage with OD

In Edens Zero, Gravity negates durability to an extent by making internal organs heavier inside the body

It should be higher then what his base is capable of bare minimum so I don’t think it should just be ignored
The problem is that atm its unquantifiable, Laxus also has his own amp with Red Lighting Dragon Mode.
wait when did shiki get dura neg?
Shiki got dura neg because Gravity based Ether gear can crush internals such as capillaries if given enough exposure to it, but given Laxus can become intangible and has dealt with internal damage for over a year straight in the past, it shouldn't be problematic for Laxus.
maybe, shiki should still have a decent ap advantage with OD
The problem is that we can't place a value on his OD strength, so all we can say is that it's unquantifiably above his base. At most it could be is like 2x above Laxus as if it leaves the tier it would get restricted due to tourney rules. But this is reduced by Laxus's own amps as well, and he has a Lighting Aura so all of Shiki's physical strikes would end leaving Shiki damaged as well

The problem is that atm its unquantifiable, Laxus also has his own amp with Red Lighting Dragon Mode.

Shiki got dura neg because Gravity based Ether gear can crush internals such as capillaries if given enough exposure to it, but given Laxus can become intangible and has dealt with internal damage for over a year straight in the past, it shouldn't be problematic for Laxus.

The problem is that we can't place a value on his OD strength, so all we can say is that it's unquantifiably above his base. At most it could be is like 2x above Laxus as if it leaves the tier it would get restricted due to tourney rules. But this is reduced by Laxus's own amps as well, and he has a Lighting Aura so all of Shiki's physical strikes would end leaving Shiki damaged as well
Ok fair enough

I guess but isn’t that more hypothetical because I don’t remember any other gravity based either gear users doing that

Ok fair enough

I’ll vote Laxus based on Zackra’s reason

I guess but isn’t that more hypothetical because I don’t remember any other gravity based either gear users doing that
I don’t see how it would be hypothetical though considering it’s stated by Xenolith the originator of the Satan Gravity arts and it’s shown happening on screen to Rebecca when Xenolith wanted to prove a point to Shiki about how Satan Gravity it self works

And to be fair we only have like 4 gravity users in the series and 3 of which we have barley seen do anything with their gravity I mean Shiki is really the only one we have seen fight and he doesn’t normally try to crush his opponents organs like Ziggy or Xenolith would

I’ll vote Laxus based on Zackra’s reason

I don’t see how it would be hypothetical though considering it’s stated by Xenolith the originator of the Satan Gravity arts and it’s shown happening on screen to Rebecca when Xenolith wanted to prove a point to Shiki about how Satan Gravity it self works

And to be fair we only have like 4 gravity users in the series and 3 of which we have barley seen do anything with their gravity I mean Shiki is really the only one we have seen fight and he doesn’t normally try to crush his opponents organs like Ziggy or Xenolith would
Wasn’t that litterly an illusion though?

I mean ziggy hasn’t exactly don it to anybody even Jaguar but maybe he can

Wasn’t that litterly an illusion though?

I mean ziggy hasn’t exactly don it to anybody even Jaguar but maybe he can
It was a simulation done Xenolith so he could show Shiki what Satan gravity is capable of and to show Shiki that he to could fall to the dark side just like Ziggy

Xeno isn’t really the type to bluff especially when training Shiki to eventually stop Ziggy so I doubt he was lying when talking about what Satan gravity is capable of

And i mean Jaguar got killed the second Ziggy even lifted his hand to stop him from coming closer so I don’t really think that’s a good comparison

It was a simulation done Xenolith so he could show Shiki what Satan gravity is capable of and to show Shiki that he to could fall to the dark side just like Ziggy

Xeno isn’t really the type to bluff especially when training Shiki to eventually stop Ziggy so I doubt he was lying when talking about what Satan gravity is capable of

And i mean Jaguar got killed the second Ziggy even lifted his hand to stop him from coming closer so I don’t really think that’s a good comparison
ehm no Jaguar got killed by Nero energy bullets

I’m pretty sure he was just trying to get a rise out of him for training progression. Considering I’m pretty sure he changed his appearance to ziggy

um no, ziggy lifted Jaguar in the air and posiden killed him with his dice or whatever

ehm no Jaguar got killed by Nero energy bullets
um no, ziggy lifted Jaguar in the air and posiden killed him with his dice or whatever
Yea I know that’s exactly what I meant

we know it takes a couple seconds for Satan gravity to kick in order to destroy the internal organs of someone but Jaguar got killed the second Ziggy lifted his hand to to stop him so it’s not like Satan gravity even had Any time to apply pressure to Jaguars internal organs since as soon as Ziggy lifted his hand to stop Jaguars advance towards him Jaguar was killed by Nero

I’m pretty sure he was just trying to get a rise out of him for training progression. Considering I’m pretty sure he changed his appearance to ziggy
Yea that’s what Xenolith did he was trying to get Shiki to break out his restraints by showing Rebecca being crushed

but just because that was in a simulation that doesn’t mean that Xenolith blatantly telling Shiki that Satan gravity can crush someone’s organs doesn’t mean Xenolith is lying about Satan gravity being capable of doing so

i mean if he was lying why didn’t he tell Shiki that Satan gravity can’t crush someone’s organs after the simulation was over

he told Shiki that Him transforming into Ziggy was a lie so if he saying that Satan gravity can can’t crush someones internal organs why didn’t he tell Shiki after the simulation was over

Looking at it its kinda the same thing as when Rebecca was teaching Shiki how to aim by telling him to do something inside a video game

it’s not like she was lying about the things he would be capable of doing if Shiki learned how to aim as he was later able to apply that IRL

Yea I know that’s exactly what I meant

we know it takes a couple seconds for Satan gravity to kick in order to destroy the internal organs of someone but Jaguar got killed the second Ziggy lifted his hand to to stop him so it’s not like Satan gravity even had Any time to apply pressure to Jaguars internal organs since as soon as Ziggy lifted his hand to stop Jaguars advance towards him Jaguar was killed by Nero

Yea that’s what Xenolith did he was trying to get Shiki to break out his restraints by showing Rebecca being crushed

but just because that was in a simulation that doesn’t mean that Xenolith blatantly telling Shiki that Satan gravity can crush someone’s organs doesn’t mean Xenolith is lying about Satan gravity being capable of doing so

i mean if he was lying why didn’t he tell Shiki that Satan gravity can’t crush someone’s organs after the simulation was over

he told Shiki that Him transforming into Ziggy was a lie so if he saying that Satan gravity can can’t crush someones internal organs why didn’t he tell Shiki after the simulation was over

Looking at it its kinda the same thing as when Rebecca was teaching Shiki how to aim by telling him to do something inside a video game

it’s not like she was lying about the things he would be capable of doing if Shiki learned how to aim as he was later able to apply that IRL
Um no it doesn’t, the only reason it didn’t happen instantly was because he was making it slow and going back and actually looking at the scene it makes no sense how dura neg was gotten from that. All he did was apply pressure to her body to crush her, it’s not like he was crushing her organs from the inside out

Why would he tell him even if he was lying or not? That wasn’t even the point of the simulation it was just to make shiki stronger

Um no it doesn’t, the only reason it didn’t happen instantly was because he was making it slow and going back and actually looking at the scene it makes no sense how dura neg was gotten from that. All he did was apply pressure to her body to crush her, it’s not like he was crushing her organs from the inside out
As far as I recall it’s never stated he was making the pressure slow

so if he says it takes a couple of seconds for the effect to take place
(as he did state)
then that’s how it works it takes a couple of seconds for the internal organs to begin being crushed

I mean unless you have a scan saying otherwise

And I’m pretty sure It’s treated as dura neg because it attacks the internal organs that’s why it’s dura neg I mean maybe it could be a limited type I’m not sure but Im pretty sure that on the wiki if something attacks the internal organs then it’s treated as dura neg

Why would he tell him even if he was lying or not? That wasn’t even the point of the simulation it was just to make shiki stronger
Yea he is trying to make Shiki stronger but he is training Shiki in the arts of Ether gear and the arts Satan Gravity it makes no sense as to why would he tell Shiki a lie about the capabilities of the arts of Satan gravity

if he did lie to Shiki about the capabilities of Satan gravity then we can’t trust anything Xenolith says when in regard to how Satan gravity works which he told Shiki quite a bit but I guess we can’t trust his word despite him being the originator and the master of the arts

But Look let’s not clog up this thread let’s remember it is VS thread so if you wanna remove the dura neg from his profile you can make a CRT

As far as I recall it’s never stated he was making the pressure slow

so if he says it takes a couple of seconds for the effect to take place
(as he did state)
then that’s how it works it takes a couple of seconds for the internal organs to begin being crushed

I mean unless you have a scan saying otherwise

And I’m pretty sure It’s treated as dura neg because it attacks the internal organs that’s why it’s dura neg I mean maybe it could be a limited type I’m not sure but Im pretty sure that on the wiki if something attacks the internal organs then it’s treated as dura neg

Yea he is trying to make Shiki stronger but he is training Shiki in the arts of Ether gear and the arts Satan Gravity it makes no sense as to why would he tell Shiki a lie about the capabilities of the arts of Satan gravity

if he did lie to Shiki about the capabilities of Satan gravity then we can’t trust anything Xenolith says when in regard to how Satan gravity works which he told Shiki quite a bit but I guess we can’t trust his word despite him being the originator and the master of the arts

But Look let’s not clog up this thread let’s remember it is VS thread so if you wanna remove the dura neg from his profile you can make a CRT
Dosen’t need to be stated its implied

ya at a certain lvl of gravity I’m pretty sure if he was actually serious he could crush her instantly considering his lvl of power

but his not directly attacking the organs, his directly apply pressure to her body

8174807-d3308882-fca7-444d-bd75-14e5700be3a6.jpeg

Hence the cracks and semi crater on the ground

why would he be an unreliable source if he wasn’t if trying to tel him what it can or can’t do

fair enough

For now Laxus, his and Shiki's LS are too Comparable for Shiki's Gravity to hinder his movements, and even if Shiki uses Overdrive, Laxus would simply respond with Red Lightning Dragon Mode, combined with a skill advantage. Shiki's Dura Neg could help him out, but that's pretty debatable rn.

Back