• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-B Tournament. Round 1, Match 5): Makoto Misumi vs Dormammu

Kazuma_kuwabara

She/Her

Makoto Misumi (Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu) VS Dormammu (Avengers Assemble) (Marvel Animated Universe)​

• Starting Distance: 50m
  • Equalized speed
  • Both in-character
  • 6-B versions

UCP1tR8uFH2Q-OqufNz8HLMxirrNAoRn7AnF9huj-tJWqY0dW7xaci_TWYSxwqBqEaH0GDrpNCwiCBOjK1TFLEKRTkwBIJ0D_OKtYM_avUW29RD1aMEDQJ-wSje_PpBg.jpg

AP
Makoto: Probably 14 Teratons
Dormammu: 27.48 Teratons

Votes
Makoto: 5
I’ve come to bargain: infinite votes via Eye of Agamoto (0)
Inconclusive:

CP33_character_Dormammu_healthy_NickRobles+1.png
xca71cuv2ib61.jpg

Last edited:
Ok so Dormmy has the AP advantage but is inferior in hax...
Reality warping and portal creation to respective dimensions where they can do that means that it cancels out since it would be the same for both... And Dormmy can absorb the energy of dimensions he enters in so... careful there...

Passive probability manipulation means he is unlucky but that those unlucky situations would somewhat be favorable to him?? as I understood from reading his profile...

But Dormmy TK is absurd, it's Z class means he could ragdoll Makoto around with ease.

Edit: Ups, sent the message by accident

Some hax I saw of Makoto, but need more clarification about are:
Limited Law Manipulation, Power Nullification
And
Since Dormmy sealing is by creating a sphere. Need some clarification there...

Law manipulation is just him changing the laws dictate his field, which is also where sealing and pnull come from.

Probability isn't really battle applicable, at least not here.

Edit: It really just makes him run into monsters and natural disasters, which won't be helpful here given this is IRL earth they're fighting in.

Not really combat applicable
At least not directly.

it’s like, he changes the law of his field to make it so that magic can’t be used.

which is why when he uses his field’s power null he also nulls himself.

Hmmm ok then, seems that he don't really has much that can help against Dormmy superior AP and TK so I vote by that since both can always leave each other dimension in which they have RW, which Dormmy may even absorb so there's that, I vote Dormammy atleast for now.

Edit: Even more with chains that can restrict characters with Z class lifting strenght...

Also his profile needs some serious cleaning and scans that help understanding the abilities.

Also his profile needs some serious cleaning and scans that help understanding the abilities.
I'm not doing that, and I say that from the bottom of my heart.

Try reading 400+ chapters of pure text with seldom fighting in between and try to compile profiles by yourself using that.
Like, the law manip statement was, probably, some offhand internal monologue which just happened to be mentioned in between 200 chapters of nothing happening, seriously, a lot of Makoto statements are like that. One of the reasons why I'm an opponent of the verse.

Especially since I didn't start recording every potential relevant statement of every chapter until around 300.

I, personally, wouldn't bother using Makoto in a match for those reasons (Literally any other 6-B besides like Root and Shiki is better). He's also my least favorite character of the main cast.

But back to the match...

Hmmm ok then, seems that he don't really has much that can help against Dormmy superior AP and TK so I vote by that since both can always leave each other dimension in which they have RW, which Dormmy may even absorb so there's that, I vote Dormammy atleast for now.

Edit: Even more with chains that can restrict characters with Z class lifting strenght...
Dormamu entering Asora aside.... cause that is a whole different can of worms that I'd rather not touch with a ten foot pole....

TK can get nulled by Makoto's field.

He then backs away at a really far range then shoots a water arrow at Dormamu, which drops a lake on him and also freezes him. Makoto spamming magic arrows from afar is very in-character for him, because he's an archer. He can also snipe from Asora, and has done so before.

If we want to talk about what would happen if dormamu traveled to Asora....

12d5135ca0d6a7f34b669c1bcd56e1eb.png

To explain it a bit:

Asora is not just a random pocket dimension. It is a place created and formed to be Makoto's ideal world created using his own desires; and there are people and things that live in that world.

Even putting aside Tomoe, Mio, Shiki, and Hatsuharu; who all loyally serve Makoto and live in Asora. There are hundreds if not thousands of 6-B characters there who are all on friendly terms with Makoto (Because even average bears and wolves in Asora are 6-B, and Asora actually has a standing army of hundreds of 6-B's serving Makoto)

So... yeah,

Going to Asora is like if you're fighting Luffy and decide to travel to the Straw hat ship.

Fighting Naruto in Konoha.

Fighting Ichigo in Karakura Town.

Edit:

I had this discussion a long time ago with some mods and it was agreed that Asora residents can actually be considered optional equipment via that.

The main reason why it's not brought up in most matches is because Makoto would never drag an enemy into Asora to potentially ruin it, that's to say, it's extremely ooc for him to do that.

However, someone coming to Asora on their own...

btw mio and tomoe also technically have Asora residents as optional equipment via this; but for the same reasons as Makoto it's ooc. Forgot to put it on the profiles because that discussion was way before I made the profiles.

Last edited:
Try reading 400+ chapters of pure text with seldom fighting in between and try to compile profiles by yourself using that.
I have read Homestuck, walls of text literally CAN'T harm me, altough compiling is annoying. Source: I am doing a Lord English RT and man... even when the site has a search function it's annoying.
If we want to talk about what would happen if dormamu traveled to Asora....
Eh, technically he can get out anyways... If he ever finds himself in problems. Unless sealing works in Astora as???
He then backs away at a really far range then shoots a water arrow at Dormamu, which drops a lake on him and also freezes him. Makoto spamming magic arrows from afar is very in-character for him, because he's an archer. He can also snipe from Asora, and has done so before.
Was thinking of that ngl his range is way higher...
This is actually nice, spamming from home pocket dimension, but what happens if Dormmy just goes to his dimension
TK can get nulled by Makoto's field.
Wouldn't this nullify Makoto too or?

I just want to know if he somehow seal Astora to avoid Dormmy of getting out and then use RW and home advantage with it.

Eh, technically he can get out anyways... If he ever finds himself in problems. Unless sealing works in Astora as???
They can block teleportation to and from Asora (via Tomoe). Problem being that she has to actively do that, so it is possible to travel inside without her blocking it, if she's unaware.
Was thinking of that ngl his range is way higher...
This is actually nice, spamming from home pocket dimension, but what happens if Dormmy just goes to his dimension
Sniping from Asora is not really in character, as-in, he hasn't been in the middle of a fight and retreated to Asora to snipe; but there's been times where he's already been in Asora and sniped from there.
Wouldn't this nullify Makoto too or?
It would, I'm saying he would use sealing as an opportunity to get out of Dormamu's range and spam from afar. Truth be told, Makoto probably has planetary range with his arrows even at this time, and I forgot to mention the planetary range feat in the latest crt... because that's how much I don't really care about Makoto.

They can block teleportation to and from Asora (via Tomoe)
Well, if he can do that then there's the possibility of using Astora to seal Dormmy inside it and not allowing him summon the mindless one at the same time, and do the whole several 6-Bs friends thingys you said, in which case it will be a wincon ig.

Other than that I can only see Dormmy doing something via chains that restricts characters with Z lifting strenght and TK before getting nullified???+ x1.9superior strenght helps too ig.

Which case is more probable idk

I would vote inconclusive or learning to Dormammu, we should call more people with knowledge of at least Makoto and how likely all his win conditions can be used, because Dormammu could perfectly starts with chains and win in the first 5 seconds of the match

Like I said, he starts by abusing range.

Also, I doubt there's someone besides me here who's read the WN enough to even be aware of his first moves. Since him fighting is like, super rare.

Remember that the starting distance is 50M
I know, but like I said, his standard tactic is going outside the enemy's range and spamming arrows. That's regardless of the starting distance.
The only time he won't do that is against people far weaker than him, which he would know via information analysis.

How good is his danmaku?
He can shoot dozens of arrows at once and they split off from one another to make more arrows and home in on his target.

Water arrows also have a large AOE blast radius and freeze on impact.

^Think that, but a bit more toned down because he used his own stored power to do that (He was also nerfed at the time, so the scaling regarding that feat is a bit confusing tbh)

go to 43 seconds in the clip to see his danmaku with fire brids.

Edit:

^Fire arrows here.

Last edited:
Then im voting Makoto because Dormmy will probably start with throwing lasers, Makoto gets out of range and spams danmaku from afar while Dormmy is out of range...

If Dormmy can win, if he uses his moves like sealing, chains and TK first, but Marvel chars be marvel chars and his range means his TK can't reach Makoto from afar.

Makoto via danmaku+range and starting move being smarter overall

Question

Shouldn´t Dormammu be inteligent enought to use forcefields and protect himself from the danmaku?

This battle is already over, we really don't need 7 votes, unless we want to add them to their profiles.... but for the purposes of the tourney, it's done already.

Back