• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

6-B Tournament. Round 1, Match 5): Lugia vs Yoshimitsu

Kazuma_kuwabara

She/Her

Lugia (Pokémon) VS Yoshimitsu (Tekken)​

• Starting Distance: 50m
  • Equalized speed
  • Both in-character
  • 6-B versions

UCP1tR8uFH2Q-OqufNz8HLMxirrNAoRn7AnF9huj-tJWqY0dW7xaci_TWYSxwqBqEaH0GDrpNCwiCBOjK1TFLEKRTkwBIJ0D_OKtYM_avUW29RD1aMEDQJ-wSje_PpBg.jpg

AP
Lugia: 11.46 Teratons
Yoshimitsu: 31 Teratons

Votes
Lugia: 3 or 4
A renegade Yoshi from the Mario series:
Inconclusive:

RV8UDMinuWItPO94nJYiq9X9K2HCRlRX.png
1561112887_125_01-500x500.jpg

Last edited:

Typical fight game scaling where one do something= everyone in the lore who is not weaker/joke is that tier

So Heihachi one shot 31 teratons characters, I would say that yoshimitsu at least is 31 teratons himself, a bit higher but not as casual as flapping and creating storms like Lugia

ok so thats settled for now
Lugia also has 2x defense for the first move overall and regens itself fairly often so it should be able to tank attacks
Lugia has Stat Amps (Ancient Power (chance of buffing all stats by 1.5x times and stacks up to 4x), Calm Mind (1.5x SPDef and 1.5x SPAtt stacking up to 4x), Tailwind(2x speed boost))
and stat reductions (Defog (lowers evasiveness and dodging by 1.5x stacks up to 4x less), Feather dance (lowers opponents speed by 2x stacks up to 4x), Psychic (chance of lowering SPdef by 1.5x stacks up to 4x)) as well as multiple boosted crit rates (crits being 1.5x stronger and ignore enemy stat amps) as well as a ton of status moves

His invisibility won't work on Lugia, Lugia can null Poison via safeguard, Lugia resists his Chi manip.
neutral for now since I don't know how all of his abilities work like info analysis

Well, Lugia seems to have the versatility advantage, altough there are some abilities in Yoshimitsu that I don't know how they work...
Like what is his teleportation range? What happens when he stabs and hence cause soul manip

Lugia can always heal from health absorbtion via Recover, no to poison because of Safeguard, several debuffs too, and homing attack...
one of Lugia (passive)abilities makes Yoshimitsu spend twice the energy, that means that in the long run the stamina battle goes to him too.

Since Lugia is extremely high against Yoshimitsu high stamina.
Range is also in favour of Lugia who is also a long range fighter:
Lugia VSBW profile said:
Extended melee range to hundreds of kilometers
Yoshimitsu VSBW profile said:
Extended melee range.

Multiscale works anytime Lugia is at "full health", which means it can halve damage taken multiple times if it's able to heal fast enough.
It would be a rough battle at the start, but if Lugia's not taken out quickly it would snowball with amps rapidly.

Or, if Yoshimitsu keeps up the pressure then Lugia's Pressure ability would cause them to tire quickly, while Lugia heals and abuses Multiscale + Recover.

Alright

The AP advantage should be given to Yoshimitsu, almost 3 times stronger than Lugia.
While sure, Lugia is big and can fly, so can Yoshimitsu
And don't be fooled with his flight called "Pseudo" here, he flies really well, and even then, he can also become invisible and have acrobatic moves to take advantage over Lugia
And it's in character for Yoshi to do sneak attacks, so he can take advantage of being smaller and stronger to make attack from the back which as far as I can see Lugia can't defend from
While Lugia also have AMP I don't think it should make her go far especially when technically Yoshimitsu can AMP himself.

To bonus want to contribute

Well, Lugia seems to have the versatility advantage, altough there are some abilities in Yoshimitsu that I don't know how they work...
Like what is his teleportation range? What happens when he stabs and hence cause soul manip

Lugia can always heal from health absorbtion via Recover, no to poison because of Safeguard, several debuffs too, and homing attack...
one of Lugia (passive)abilities makes Yoshimitsu spend twice the energy, that means that in the long run the stamina battle goes to him too.

Since Lugia is extremely high against Yoshimitsu high stamina.
Range is also in favour of Lugia who is also a long range fighter:
Yoshimitsu usually teleports in a short range but enough to dodge attacks, as shown in video above Yoshimitsu can shorten range via invisibility + flight. So range advantage Yoshimitsu can quickly shorten, his Soul manipulation I guess is spread of "gas" from mounth which can actually stun opponent for a moment. Yoshimitsu also technically experienced opponents larger than himself, at least if using one of the Tekken boss being giant robot. Yoshimitsu can also absorb Lugia and heal himself at same time which can be useful.

So overall I think Yoshimitsu should take this, he is stronger, Lugia is a big target, Yoshi is great stealth master and acrobat, can heal himself and shorten range quickly enough. Lugia have AMPs Range and Stamina advantage but Yoshimitsu should probably be able to counter first ones.

Alright

The AP advantage should be given to Yoshimitsu, almost 3 times stronger than Lugia.
While sure, Lugia is big and can fly, so can Yoshimitsu
And don't be fooled with his flight called "Pseudo" here, he flies really well, and even then, he can also become invisible and have acrobatic moves to take advantage over Lugia
And it's in character for Yoshi to do sneak attacks, so he can take advantage of being smaller and stronger to make attack from the back which as far as I can see Lugia can't defend from
While Lugia also have AMP I don't think it should make her go far especially when technically Yoshimitsu can AMP himself.

To bonus want to contribute

Yoshimitsu usually teleports in a short range but enough to dodge attacks, as shown in video above Yoshimitsu can shorten range via invisibility + flight. So range advantage Yoshimitsu can quickly shorten, his Soul manipulation I guess is spread of "gas" from mounth which can actually stun opponent for a moment. Yoshimitsu also technically experienced opponents larger than himself, at least if using one of the Tekken boss being giant robot. Yoshimitsu can also absorb Lugia and heal himself at same time which can be useful.

So overall I think Yoshimitsu should take this, he is stronger, Lugia is a big target, Yoshi is great stealth master and acrobat, can heal himself and shorten range quickly enough. Lugia have AMPs Range and Stamina advantage but Yoshimitsu should probably be able to counter first ones.
Invisibility doesn't work with Lugias senses and Lugia has experience fighting people doing like that. Lugia can also make AOE around itself
Lugias attacks can also be insane AOE
Also Safeguard nulls the paralysis

Lugia nullifies buff and her stats amp+debuff cover a small x3 difference, It has several debuff too, debuff to speed, attack, defense and amp in lot of similar categories, so a x3 amp still ain't gonna do it...

And the range and hax advantage is still too much and Lugia has attacks that target from the past ignoring forcefield and other precogs, it can use dynamax abilities and null the increase in his amp and what not.

And again, the range difference is just, TOO GREAT, Lugia healing+Passive ability that makes him tire faster+superior stamina, hax, range+stat amps and debuff and stuff like freezing him and what not...

Invisibility doesn't work with Lugias senses and Lugia has experience fighting people doing like that. Lugia can also make AOE around itself
Lugias attacks can also be insane AOE
Also Safeguard nulls the paralysis
May I see example of Lugia fighting invisible Pokémon/having experience with invisible Pokémon. Thanks in advance.

Lugia nullifies buff and her stats amp+debuff cover a small x3 difference, It has several debuff too, debuff to speed, attack, defense and amp in lot of similar categories, so a x3 amp still ain't gonna do it...
I mean x3 is already almost half close to ×7 difference (one shot difference), saying x3 as small difference doesn't sounds believable, especially when the point is that this difference means AMPs (which also iirc require turns in Pokémon system meaning that she can't do literally everything at a single moment, same to second point)
And again, the range difference is just, TOO GREAT, Lugia healing+Passive ability that makes him tire faster+superior stamina, hax, range+stat amps and debuff and stuff like freezing him and what not...
SBA makes range difference 4 km, which Yoshimitsu can shorten with flight. Also what's Lugia's range and stamina justifications are?
I mean, you may ask same about Yoshimitsu to which I can contribute that Yoshimitsu is well from a fighting game and can continue fight after being damaged which is already something. (Speaking of beating down, Yoshimitsu also have technique which can make opponent with equal AP to him lost almost all of HP.)

But even then, Yoshimitsu fought Bryan Fury, a guy with Unlimited stamina (because of his perpetual motion machine), and won to the point that latter got tired.

That's grace...
@Kazuma_kuwabara Make the next round...
SBA makes range difference 4 km, which Yoshimitsu can shorten with flight.
in here it is 50m, the problem is that Lugia is more of special attacks(long range) than CQC and is someone who stays in the skies...
Also what's Lugia's range and stamina justifications are?
Idk I don't know much of Pokemon scaling and justifications in here... aside of the abilities coz I played the games, im here to push the tournament forwards...
I mean, you may ask same about Yoshimitsu to which I can contribute that Yoshimitsu is well from a fighting game and can continue fight after being damaged which is already something. (Speaking of beating down, Yoshimitsu also have technique which can make opponent with equal AP to him lost almost all of HP.)
If he got tired then he doesn't has infinite stamina, it may be an infinite source of energy.

That's grace...
@Kazuma_kuwabara Make the next round...

in here it is 50m, the problem is that Lugia is more of special attacks(long range) than CQC and is someone who stays in the skies...
That technically makes Yoshimitsu Job quite easier, as he can get close to Lugia fast via flight. Like, Yoshimitsu can simply get on back of Lugia and Lugia technically wouldn't be able to do something about it.
Idk I don't know much of Pokemon scaling and justifications in here... aside of the abilities coz I played the games, im here to push the tournament forwards...

If he got tired then he doesn't has infinite stamina, it may be an infinite source of energy.
I mean, even if he have infinite source of energy and not stamina, this guy can continue fight for a day, if not days, so what am I implying is that Yoshimitsu have an experience against guy with extremely high/limitless stamina.

I am gonna wait until the defender of yoshi gives more feedback about yoshi and the counterarguments, then do the next match

Wait, but I..just did.
That technically makes Yoshimitsu Job quite easier, as he can get close to Lugia fast via flight. Like, Yoshimitsu can simply get on back of Lugia and Lugia technically wouldn't be able to do something about it.

I mean, even if he have infinite source of energy and not stamina, this guy can continue fight for a day, if not days, so what am I implying is that Yoshimitsu have an experience against guy with extremely high/limitless stamina.
I thought, there would be counters to this or something.

Back