• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5th strongest 7-A Bracket Round 2 (Biomechanical Virus vs Behemoth)

When it refer to all Bolb and ILY's abilities, it refer to all of them in all keys or just in the 7-A and below keys?

I would guess what the strongest 7-A or below keys have, but I don't know for sure either.

Welp, for the sake of debate I'll assume its 7-A and below. So, Biomechanical Virus seems way too big to be engulve by the Jinku Enkido, so it would be limited to physical combat. However, without NPI B. Virus wouldn't be able to damage Behemoth in any way (Its not a intangible, but its immune to physical attacks).

Antoniofer said:
(Its not a intangible, but its immune to physical attacks).
Immune against attacks on this tier or via which mechanism?

Physicals attacks in general (so even if the opponent have 999 Attack Ability it wouldn't damage it unless it have NPI, or maybe higher gnosis than it). So if the attack in can't affect, let say, an spirit, then it wouldn't be able to affect the Behemoth.

My point is that immunity to physical attacks is a NLF.

Meaning either its bound to tier (which is probably higher than 7-A if it works that way against 999 Attack) or there has to be a hax mechanism to how it is accomplished. (E.g. law manipulation or whatever)

Not quite, as mechanically no one would be able to damage it without it (let say, someone as strong as Ergo Mundus but without NPI or his gnosis value wouldn't be able to damage the Behemoth).

Doesn't mean that physical attacks wouldn't damage, but if they can't damage energy (damage energy is used in Anima being capable to damage spirits, abstracts and such), it simply wouldn't do anything. Disease wouldn't do anything if isn't capable to affect immaterial beings its another example.

What I take from the Ergo Mundus example would be that the immunity is at least High 6-B, which is all that's relevant for this thread.

If it came to him being punched by a High 3-A I wouldn't bet on it working though, unless it has feats on that level (or, again, there is a known mechanism).

Is purely gnostic based, most invulnerabilities in Anima work that way. An increase of +200 in AA (although it do not specify base ability, attack can be made around lv 13) its enough to "destroy planets".

But to cut that discussion, B. Virus can only damage it with attacks that can damage energy. Of course, nothing stop it to grab it, as the Behemoth is still tangible.

It has all abilities the other two have, it's just still small because it wasn't let to grove yet.

Anyways, would the invulnerability counter it's atoms being used to construct cities?

So, B. Virus is not mountain sized?

Yeah, as other atomic manipulation powers in verse wouldn't be able to damage the Behemoth; if it can't damage something like a spirit then it is simply immune.

Not initially, but it will quickly start expanding.

They do hace Non-Physical interaction tough. And that would need to be on the profile.

And... I don't see resistence to mind manipulation, either. Or BFR to another dimension for the matter.

Yeah, profile haven't any possible resistance, just resistance to Status Effect Inducement (there's a list in a blog), so anything that target mind and body, or it has a supernatural origin can be resisted. The attack itself need to have NPI in order to affect it, and even that would only gives the Virus the right to affect it, after that can still resist few status effects.

Welp, if it grows over time, the Virus can be trapped within Jinku Enki (assuming is not bigger than 100 m of height).

That is a huge nlf, and would need to be added regardless. And all of it's abilities have NPI (what kind of mind manip doesn't?) with the exception of the ones that rely on the targets body (like making every cell in the body a humanoid ala' cells at work)

It's described as a towering mass of flesh and gears, never specified beyond that. But he only uses it when he thinks the battle is interesting, and by that point it's bacteria/virus/nanomachines/spores would have spread very far and wide.

Plus, Behemot fights inside said place, so...

Yeah resistances are too broad in TRPGs, you can see the current list here.

Of course, I'm not going to assume it can't resist everything (gonna check the values), but Behemoth have increased resistances, and considering that 140 its the max value for innate powers from demi-divine beings (only exemption its Al-Djinn with its fate shenanigans), Behemoth have pretty elevated chances to resist effects.

Yes, I guess growling indefinitively within the JE is troubesome, although depends of how the growing works, it not via absorbing something from the real world right?

Then you link it on the profile regardless.

Alrighty.

It has several ways to grow. It can just magically make more matter out of nothing, so it doesn't need to eat anything.

Does it have biological components tough (like cells, dna, etc.) tough? If it does, the blob could copy him without directly affecting him.

Technically, one can't copy the powers of being of higher gnosis (starting from gnosis 25 I believe) unless you have higher gnosis than the creature. Even if copied physically (don't think there's any issue with shapeshifting into it), one can replicate its demi-divine powers.

How much time for the Virus to reach giant proportions and do not fitting itself within the JE? Although, once big enough, both could be crushed within it, although Behemoth can choose to BFR the other before that happening.

It became mountain sized in a few minutes, and planet sized in a few hours (the more of it there is the faster it replicates), but the main problem I'm seeing here is microscopic pieces of it moving out of Behemoth's range before the body itself grows visibly.

And Gaia (blob) absorbed one of "them", beings whose sheer presence defies reality, warps time (to the point that a being that views past, future and present at once was unable to know anything about them), and they sire from a higher dimension (though not the "tier 2" kind of higher, the "different, whackier physics" kind), so I'm not sure Gnosis is a good reason to resist him being copied here.

To be short, gnosis measure how much a creature can influence the Nexus of Souls, the source from where all life, emotions and concepts comes, everything that was, is and going to be.

Someone like the Behemoth have 35 its a "demi-god", you can compare it to someone like Cthulhu; in order to bypass Behemoth immunities, one need gnosis 40, that is a "lesser deity", creatures with enough existential power that do not need to do much as reality itself bends to favorice their actions (called Auspice). Would be someone as Zeus for example.

So, how many possibilities of killing Virus before exceeding the size of JE? Within it there's several effects, such increased gravity, fear, earthquakes, and it also increase Behemoth stats and health.

Cthulhu... is one of "them", no kidding.

It, with the other 9 "players" are also dimensional constants, and the one that wins over the other three will eventually absorb all of reality, becoming a singularity. The Quantum Ma won out in the end, but the potential is there still.

In that case, I would give them gnosis 35, so it may copy physical abilities (although not much aside claws).

Mmm, eventually becoming planet level its an issue, even if trapped within JE it will eventually crush the other one (assumin simply mass can damage energy).

That it can do, yeah.

Wouldn't it eating the planet incap Behemoth? Like, even if he doesn't die in outer space, he can't really do that much out there, can he?

If one destroy earth it would die as most likely the real Behemoth would be killed (not sure can strong can be, but it is sleeping).

Then... the virus for reasons above, I suppose. I find it's parts spreading out beyond Behemots reach before he uses his Jinku, and it would just keep on multiplying on and on until it eats the planet.

Sooo... whole thing was kinda hard to follow.

Is it basically that if Behemoth uses Jinku before the virus spreads far enough he wins and otherwise looses?

And I take it Antoniofer is voting for Behemoth and Risci for the Virus?

Neh, I will be open for now, but if people vote for Virus too much the I'll vote for it to speed things up.

Basically, Behemoth can trap the thing within JE (don't known how it could react to its effects tho), but it wouldn't stop it from growing. If the Virus can, say, normally touch/damage a spirit by simply doing it (no power involve), I assume it streatch up and crush Behemoth (although, it could take too much time). In case it do not damage Behemoth, it will be unable to move and can't BFR the thing, so they will remain within JE by unknown time.

Do we still have a "FRA my stuff" thread going? Would probably come in handy.

Also: Bump, I guess.

5:0 for Virus. Since Antoniofer said he would for Virus if too many vote for it I think we just need 1 more vote.

Back