• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Monster Brackets Round 3

The misty jungle stretched across the land, the tall trees reaching into the sky and partly blocking out the sun with their many broad leaves. A humid fog spread itself over the forest floor, helping to provide an eerie atmosphere for any unfortunate soul to find themselves lost within this untouched frontier.

And it was through this jungle that Jibanyan carefully made his way through. He had no idea where he was or how he got here, and so he was set on escaping this jungle to get a better view of his surroundings. Jumping over the large root of a nearby tree, the Yo-Kai was having a hard time seeing through the foggy air thanks to his short height.

Stepping around a large tree, Jibanyan climbed atop the plant's root to get a view above the fog, his eyes scouring the landscape as he saw nothing but fog, bushes, and big trees all around him.

Just as Jibanyan was proceeding to jump down from the root to continue on his way, something slammed down inches behind him, making the Yo-Kai yelp in fright and jump away to the forest floor as the root he previously stood up was shredded to splinters. Scrambling up to his feet, Jibanyan turned and watched in shock as a massive mantis revealed itself to the Yo-Kai.

The Mantis was hungry. So far, she had found little to sustain her, the measly meals she had caught proving to be insignificant in size to satisfy her appetite. And so she had tried to ambush Jibanyan to make him her next prey; the Yo-Kai had only managed to get out of range of her ambush attack by chance.

Narrowing his eyes, Jibanyan stood his ground to defend himself, while the Mantis raised her mighty claws, eager to dash the life out of this little feline...

Current Standings

Hub

Giant Mantis, submitted by Jackythejack, vs Jibanya, submitted by Starter Pack.

Fight takes place in a dark misty jungle.

Speed equalized.

Adult Mantis.

Base Jibanyan.
Giant Mantis GW
JibanyanPNGcutout

It isn't a stomp because he doesn't have an overwhelming AP advantage and I don't think skillstomp is really a thing? It's just incredibly decisive

I mean with his smaller size I'm sure he can dance around Assefa and continuously pelt him it's not impossibly for Jibanyan to win

I mean, once you factor in Sanura's necklace, it really is. And pelt Assefa's tough coat? Lol

Plus, Assefa is incredibly agile as well, and more skilled. Most of the cats in verse are either comparable in size to him, or smaller than him. So the smaller size matters a bit less here as well.

Well, Jibanyan is a little over twice as strong, and I think smarter. His smaller size likely makes him easier to dodge thugs and move around the jungle too...

Well, this changes everything! Jibanyan has fought large Yo-Kai before, so seeing this giant bug will...probably freak him out, but he should get over it rather quickly. And due to his smaller, more agile size, he should be able to dodge any attacks that the mantis throws. On top of that, due to his AP, he can deal a lot of damage and not take as much if it does hit him, and his Fire should be pretty effective here.

Overall, I give it to Jibanyan with low to mid-difficulty. It's gonna take a bit to take down, but I believe it will go down eventually.

Back