• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

4-A(?) Anankos 3: Chipwrecked

Redirect appears broken, and it be good to copy/paste OP for easy access.

So, are there any actual statements that Anankos created the dimension?

If there are, this would actually be 2-C because of this

Last edited:
No explicit statements, no, but it's pretty universally treated as a big deal by the cast

He was already really big and the black hole feat and this one are the exact same

It's also after they've been sucked in, so that can't be what they're worried about

Well to be fair, they never saw his true form. In Heirs of Fate, they seem to be pretty creeped out by his form. I doubt they would be intimidated by him creating a sparkly background.

The Black Hole feat is just sucking stuff in, it doesn't seem to be generating any sort of dimensions.

There was a pretty lengthy discussion about exactly this concluding the it being agreed that it's more logical for Anankos to have created it in the last thread

I mostly thought to see about finalizing this whole thing since it got abandoned

It doesn't really seem to be that accepted. I think you, DDM, and Grath (I think) were the ones that agree with it. I think everyone else is either neutral, or against it.

Disagreement was mostly Bobsican parroting what Mikoto was telling him, repeating the same exact point over and over well beyond the point of it actually being relevant

Also claims of it being an outlier against...being featless outside of moving things

There were claims of it being an outlier yes, but honestly it seems too vague to actually say that Anankos created the realm, when it could simply be an extention of Valla itself.

Edit: it looks like his "realm" is actually the Astral Plane.

The only one who gave any real deep refutes was Cal; not saying I agree fully. But JSW was right about the Mik example and others basically just said, "It's an outlier because it looks like a big jump". Which our policy on outliers has less to do with one time feats or big gaps and more to do with verse percentage is scaling to a big feat. And also protagonist architype can also be one of the biggest things to look for. In the context of Corrin, they get the Omega Yato which is astronomically stronger than everything they had before.

We might need a recap on what the reasons for why it was considered Anankos created the dimension though; I know it was stated to be "His world" and said dimension collapses outright upon him being defeated.

The only one who gave any real deep refutes was Cal; not saying I agree fully. But JSW was right about the Mik example and others basically just said, "It's an outlier because it looks like a big jump". Which our policy on outliers has less to do with one time feats or big gaps and more to do with verse percentage is scaling to a big feat. And also protagonist architype can also be one of the biggest things to look for. In the context of Corrin, they get the Omega Yato which is astronomically stronger than everything they had before.
I'm not calling it an outlier. If this feat is legit, then this is fine by me.
We might need a recap on what the reasons for why it was considered Anankos created the dimension though; I know it was stated to be "His world" and said dimension collapses outright upon him being defeated.
No, I don't think it did. All everyone did was just leave the realm once he was defeated. And could I get a source where it's stated its his world?

No, it didn't collapse, but that's not always necessary for someone to create a world

It was considered most likely due to the combination of two things:

Everyone only reacts to Anankos as a being of unmatchable power once they're in the dimension (iirc the tiles are labeled void, so they should at least resist being in space?) and that Anankos loses every last bit of power when he leaves "his" territory, meaning the dimension probably belongs to him, or else he made the stupidest move in Fire Emblem history

True, DLC has been shown to be canon before, and Heirs of Fate is an alternate timeline where Anankos wins and proceeds to invade all the Deeprealms, I'm gonna look through the scripts now

Anyways, Anankos hax from Part 4: Illusion Manipulation

Shigure: Nevertheless, it's where you've been ever since you left your Deeprealms.
Kiragi: But we clearly weren't! Just a second ago, I was standing inside a Nohrian castle! And there was a dragon right where that kid is standing! You guys were all there too, right?! Tell me I'm not crazy!
Siegbert: That's not what I remember. We were at the Great Wall in Hoshido, were we not? Not any Nohrian palace, and certainly not wherever this is.

Memory Manipulation:

Shigure: It's a side effect of the illusion taking hold, unfortunately. Little by little, Anankos meant to steal your memories, your sense of duty, everything. Eventually, your will would be his. It's a subtle form of mind control. You're safe from the effects now, but I don't know that your memories will return. Though it's possible that they may be restored if Anankos is defeated.

He also has these:

Anankos can't actually go to the Deeprealms, well, he could theoretically, but he doesn't

also the Astral Plane might actually be Low 1-C, since it's a space in-between infinite, separate Space-Times, perhaps saved for a different discussion? It would probably scale since the First Dragons have the power to shape it

I doubt it as much as I would like Tier 1 FE. Though, the Astral Plane is 2-B/2-A structured due to there being "endless" realms within it. And I think the power of the First Dragons just flow freely through it, I don't think they can affect it in it's entirety.

Endless is pretty infinite to me, and FE consistently goes for 2-A cosmology

if Heroes ends up being canon everyone will be 2-A regardless

Yea it is pretty consistent, but I believe this is the first time its been mentioned in a mainline game besides FEH

Hey guys, great news, I'm ditching 4-A

Better news, I'm ditching Low 1-C

Best news, Anankos might be Low 2-C

In Conquest Chapter 11, Rainbow Sage, we get this lovely quote from the Rainbow Sage himself

Rainbow Sage: I am older then you can fathom. My time to pass into the next world is long overdue. When higher beings like myself stay in this realm too long, we eventually go insane. My power is too great to allow that, as I might even destroy this world I so love.

44:30

Last edited:
Well, the use of "World" in FE has typically been used in the context of universes, picking up more "world = universe" usage around Fates in particular, as it deals with worlds quite a bit, My Castle, Astral Plane, Deeprealms, other timelines in DLC, all referred to as "Worlds"

Problem is Medeus, also has the "Destroy the world" statement. And I know Heroes does have the Infinite number of "Worlds" referring to timelines. But that doesn't mean every single use of the word "World" should mean universe by default. Other timelines sure, but since when is "My Castle" a Universe.

My Castle was referred to as a parallel world in Chapter 3

Medeus does have such statements, yes, but that was prior to FE using world for universe left and right, and if we accept Anankos being weaker than Naga, we'd actually end up scaling Medeus as well

I also don't think we should assume they mean universe every single time except for once for no reason

Last edited:
The issue I see with the Rainbow Sage "destroying the world" is that Anankos is said to have done the same thing, but that was more referring to the fact that he basically caused the realms to die out. (As in, he killed everyone and caused lots of damage).

Though him being a "higher being" is definitely noteworthy.

Last edited:
Back