• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing fights an SCP again. (Grace)

To steal from my own match, blah blah cross SCP experiement blah blah, both 1294 and a human fully assimilated by the Thing are in a 5m x 5m x 5m room. Victory is achieved by whichever monster manages to fully absorb the other.

SCP-1294

The Thing

Oh dear lord why

On a more serious not, though, wasn't it discussed before that fungi are immune to The Thing's assimilation, which 1294 is completely comprised of? Also, would 1294's toxic breath even work on The Thing?

To be specific, it's canon that the Thing cannot assimilate plant cells so fungus is an assumtion but probably correct.

Ye. All his friends think he's the life of the party before he eats them. owo

Yeah, 1294 is basically just a walking fungus colony in the form of a fox.

I think I kind of agree with that, actually. See, the way 1294 hunts is by sending its victim into a comatose state before walking up to it and immersing itself into its body. And that's exactly the kind of fake-out The Thing would pull off to attack its victims. (Remember the defribulator scene?) Because even if the main body is affected by it, the individual cells aren't and would adapt to the situation to get the jump on the fox. So, yeah, I think The Thing just outright eats 1294 and comes out the winner.

Winner: The Thing

Yes. It exhales a toxic breath with hallucinogenic properties constantly.

I'm trying to decide if this is a stomp or not. Do we know how 1294 digests it prey?

Also going to bed now. Goodnight.

Strangely similar to the Thing, actually. To shamelessly copy from the SCP site:

"SCP-1294 will lie on, or against the subject, and rest. During this time, SCP-1294's skin will appear to melt, and grow over the subject, later shifting it into SCP-1294's abdomen."

Cellular digestion on the macro scale. And, as the site clearly says that the fox only weighs "1.1 kilograms at minimum", and it is capable of "processing over 190 metric tons of food in one week", it can be assumed that the fox uses some form of powerful digestive fluid to break the consumed subject up. It was also compared to SCP-367's method of digestion, and the page implied a connection between the two. 367 has also be shown to digest it's taget by breaking them down on the subatomic level.

If 1294 eats the Thing, then it's digestive system begins to degrade the Thing at a subatomic level. And that digestion happens ridiculously fast. Make of this what you will, but I don't think we have ourselves a stomp.

Thing will likely pull a juke like with the stomach jaws and takes out 1294 quickly. Thing mid-diff.

And it isn't like the fox has insane durability. The Foundation keeps it around because they feel like it, and to study it. They easily destroy them through conventional means.

Until someone tells me that 1294 must be destroyed at a cellular level to be actually destroyed, I am going with the Thing. It has more, and quicker ways to win. Plus, the Fox's method of killing actually plays into the Thing's hands here.

Thing low/mid diff

Just a heads-up, fungi are not vegetal life. Fungi are heterotrophs without any kind of clorophyll or the ability to photosynthetize. Given the way The Thing usually assimilates unsuspecting predators or menaces, and how it plays around SCP-1294 modus operandi, I'm giving this to the Thing.

The Thing has only displayed the ability to assimilate animal life, so it's a safe assumtion that fungi are immune too. That being said, the Thing could probably just eat it. No special biological tricks, just a giant mouth with a lot of sharp teeth.

Back