• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
90% of the stuff on his page he never uses in character so probably

Even then aside from physically being around her level the majority of stuff he has cannot be used to incap and he can only briefly control his opponent for a few seconds.

@AS

I'll try someone from Jojo if Eragon doesn't work

@Gar

Brunhilde only for now

Well she has a massive range advantage so she probably uses it before Eragorn can get within range

So, uh.

Just from glancing at Brunhilde's page, this seems like another "who hits first?" scenario of some description.

SBA puts them at their highest effective range, which is either several hundred meters if we're only counting range with attacks (Brunhilde's alchemy), or a full 4km if we go by everything else that both of them can do. SBA also puts them in Central Park, which means they won't exactly see each other at that distance unless Eragon starts off by trying to scry her. (Which I'm pretty sure he can't do on a whim, unless I'm remembering the mechanics for scrying in Inheritance wrong)

The outcome mostly comes down to which character can locate the other first, and how they would go about doing that. Provided I'm not missing something here.

@Gar

He has higher range tho.

Eragon doesn't lead with telepathy as much as Galbatorix does, but it's far from ooc

I'm not sure if Brunhilde's extrasensory perception can be used to track down people.

Knowing her she is more likely to teleport around until she finds him.

Granted, when she does that, usually she uses her galdr in the meantime, so it's a "if I teleport near you say goodbye to body, mind and soul" sort of situation

Gargoyle One said:
I don't even remember him using telepathy
Actually, he uses it a lot in the series, going back as far as the first book.

Which reminds me, one of the things he uses it for is tracking people (and animals) down whenever he needs to. Need to go back and find an old thread that has all of the quotes of him doing this, but yeah.

Gargoyle One said:
Is it combat applicable telepathy?
Very.

Extending himself, he found the mind of a soldier who tended one of the catapults. Though he was sure the soldier was defended by some magician, Eragon was able to gain dominance over him and direct his actions from afar. He guided the man up to the weapon, which was being loaded, then had him use his sword to hack at the skein of twisted rope that powered the machine. The rope was too thick to sever before the soldier was dragged away by his comrades, but the damage was already done. With a mighty crack, the partially wound skein broke, sending the arm of the catapult flying backward and injuring several men. His lips curled in a grim smile, Eragon proceeded to the next catapult and, in short order, disabled the remainder of the engines.
~ Eldest​
Thrusting out with his mind, he engulfed Sloan's consciousness in his own and forced the butcher to accept memories that confirmed the truth of his statements. He also wanted Sloan to feel the power that was now his and to realize that he was no longer entirely human. And while Eragon was reluctant to admit it, he enjoyed having control over a man who had often made trouble for him and also tormented him with gibes, insulting both him and his family. He withdrew a half minute later.
~ Brisingr​
Less than a minute later, Eragon collected a brace of dead rabbits from their nest. It had taken him but an instant to locate the rabbits with his mind and then kill them with one of the twelve death words.
~ Eldest​

In hindsight, probably. If he knows there's an enemy around and has no way of finding her otherwise, he most likely just reaches out with his TP, locates her within a second or less, and then does what he needs to in order to put her down.

Although, whether or not the Death Words wreck her for good depends on whether or not her Type 6 Immortality is a combat-applicable thing, since all the Words will do is kill her current host. He can't really do anything to her non-corporeal form, I don't think.

Type 6 is not applicable. If she dies, the summoner dies with her, so unless someone else wants a Valkyria around, she'll remain in her non-corporeal state.

Also I checked and she did manage to track dow (32:00) Amleth, so EP is probably applicable.

So that means it's a matter of whether or not she can locate him and teleport within Galdr range before he locates her and hits her with mind control or a death word.

Yeah, this seems inconclusive.

Also, this is unrelated to the match at-hand, but apparently Eragon is missing a couple of abilities on his page.

For example, Sleep Manipulation.

Eragon nodded, then murmured, "Slytha." The soldier's eyes rolled up in his head, and he collapsed limply.
"Did you kill him?"

[...]

"No, he's only asleep."
~ Erago​

I agree with King, its a "who shots first scenario". Even if Eragon is not bloodlusted, its still in character for him to reach out with his mind and start a telepathic attack. From this point on he has multiple ways of dealing with her: deathwords (would lead to inconlcusive, since he cant harm her incorporeal form), lifeforce-absorption (I have no idea if that kills her. Its unlikely that he uses this) and mind-control.

Without any forcefields she can also be targeted by any spell in his arsenal, like sleep inducement.

Furthermore: If he reads her memories he gets the knowledge, that killing her host will not kill her.

Brunhilde being forced back into her non-corporeal state is a win via incapacitation for Eragon because she can't do anything in that state.

I suppose that it's worth pointing out that Brunhilde's galdr also nullifies magic, so at the very least Eragon would spend a ton of energy even for something like a death word, if it would work to begin with.

However, telepathy based mind hax doesn't fall under "magic" going by Valkyria Revolution standards (given that telepathy based mind hax isn't a thing) so Brunhilde's galdr shouldn't interfere with that

It's a bit complicated.

You need to hear the song, but not necessarily the sound.

The song can be heard both via sound or because it echoes directly inside the mind, both would work.

So if Eragon destroys his eardrums he is safe? Given that he should be able to fend off mental attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back