• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

3-B/3-A Kid Buu Discussion Rule Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

PREMISE

• As discussed on the last thread where the upgrade was last attempted, the topic was discussed in several threads with overwhelming rejection based on the site's standards and the staff's scrutinity over the large gap that the statement implies. Because of this, Staff itself has suggested a discussion rule on the very thread, but after it was closed, no user has followed through. This thread is meant to do just that. I will be explaining the entire upgrade argument, and why the site rejects it before making a draft of the new rule.​
  • In all these threads, we can see the following statements:​
    1. Goku states that if they don't stop buu, the universe would go 'poof', this also being present in the Japanese version.[1] The wording 'poof' is argued to be an implication of an incredibly fast destruction of the universe, and therefore implying Kid Buu was going to cause a 3-A, or even worse, a Low 2-C to 2-C feat after he killed the heroes.​
    2. The title of chapters, as well as statements from the characters inform the reader that the stake of the fight is the entire universe, as well as saying it's the battle for the universe.[1][2]
    3. If the Goku statement is discarded, it's important to point out how Shin and Kibito are scared for their lives after Buu supposedly destroys the universe, as Elder Kai has said Buu would eventually come for them in the Kaioshin Realm, meaning it would take at most 75.000 years to destroy the universe. Based on Toei calcs on overtime destruction, it comes off as 3-B.[1]
  • Following the evidence used for the upgrade, I will now inform everyone why they were formally rejected by the site's standards.
    1. While the validity of the statement is not being put in question, given Goku's carefree demeanor, a lack of shown knowledge of the caliber of his statements, it's been considered that 'poof' is just a figure of speech for the universe being eventually gone as there is no one to defend it. Furthermore, even as we consider this statement to be an implication of fast universal destruction, this is a severe gap between the verse's strongest feat which caps at 4-B! By that metric, the single statement from Goku is then considered far too weak to sustain such a large upgrade when no character has shown any sort of capacity to accomplish this prior to Dragon Ball Super, where Universal Destruction is only achieved by individuals who dwarf Kid Buu in every way, while still being portrayed as an impressive display of power! This would then be pointless if the intention was to make Kid Buu universal in the same way as Beerus and Goku were. パア also means to disappear completely, not in a fast rate like 'poof'
    2. None of these statements have any sort of indication of the rate of destruction, we can conclude Buu is an universal threat because he is immortal and can destroy any stars in the universe one at the time.
    3. The original statement only says Buu will go to the Kaioshin Realm eventually, not after them! This means there is no time limit as to how long it would take Buu to destroy the universe!
Based on these conclusions made in the threat, I will suggest the discussion rule.

RULE DRAFT

• Please avoid proposing an upgrade to Kid Buu's destructive capabilities to 3-A or Low 2-C solely based on the interpretation of universal statements and associated evidence. This specific upgrade suggestion has undergone thorough discussion and scrutiny in past threads, aligning with the site's established standards and assessments by the staff. The purpose of this rule is to maintain consistency and prevent repetitive debates on this topic.

Just to warn every normal user:

Recent change, remember to ask for permission and post a link to where said permission was given before commenting

Now excuse me, i will go off now

Not gonna lie, but I myself kinda of disagree on this?

I mean, we do not have a rule against Low 1-C attempts for DBH/Xeno despite that is repeated from eons, and 3-A Kid Buu has been argued like what? 2 times?

Honestly it's been too few times to ban this topic.

I have no horse in this race. Kindly please do not tag me in pre-DBS threads again.
Well, it is hard to remember that kind of detail, but you can remove yourself as a listed DB supporter in our wiki if you wish.

I'm kinda neutral on whether we should make it into a discussion rule or not, but maybe we can note it somewhere on the verse page?

Anyway, I agree and I always expressed my opposition towards tier 3 and 2 DBZ, such things shouldn't be taken literally, it's not different from the many "world destruction" statements for which we have rules and are so strict with.

I'm kinda neutral on whether we should make it into a discussion rule or not, but maybe we can note it somewhere on the verse page?

Anyway, I agree and I always expressed my opposition towards tier 3 and 2 DBZ, such things shouldn't be taken literally, it's not different from the many "world destruction" statements for which we have rules and are so strict with.
This discussion rule was suggested by Damage, their reaction led me to believe they're discussed this before under the same argument.

I honestly don't think this is worth a discussion rule. This isn't something that's been spammed a metric ton of times. Now if you want to add a note on Buu's page then I can agree with that.

I do feel like this is an extension of an already established rule about upgrading characters beyond 4-B.
The rule just states that one can't question why Buu Saga characters are 4-B based on "being equal to Cell" due to the immense gap between the tiers.
This one is trying to completely halt a specific set of evidence already used and rejected to upgrade the characters to 3-B up to Low 2-C.

I honestly don't think this is worth a discussion rule. This isn't something that's been spammed a metric ton of times. Now if you want to add a note on Buu's page then I can agree with that.
I am okay with that.

If it's just a note on Buu's profile which accomplishes the same thing, that's fine with me.

To be fair it was not THAT much discussed the only ones I could find are:
As you can see, they're not that common, and two of them were made from the same user.

I just think Damage has simply assumed it was spammed when it really wasn't.
Oh yes, I remember these topics, 1 I made the first day when I joined vsbttles and I didn't know anything (I put everything in Portuguese) and the other is complete with arguments in English, they are very different from the other topics related to Majin Buu being 3-B/ 3-A

Oh yes, I remember these topics, 1 I made the first day when I joined vsbttles and I didn't know anything (I put everything in Portuguese) and the other is complete with arguments in English, they are very different from the other topics related to Majin Buu being 3-B/ 3-A
What I mean here it's that the discussion it's not spammed enough.

If Tier 1 DBH/Xeno isn't banned yet, this shouldn't either, imo

I agree with the proposed rule. Though a note on the relevant profiles would work just as well.
I think a note on Buu’s profile would make more sense than a discussion rule here.
If it's just a note on Buu's profile which accomplishes the same thing, that's fine with me.
I do feel like this is an extension of an already established rule about upgrading characters beyond 4-B.
I assume the note has been the consensus.

Any suggestion about the note draft, then? I supposed the one in my OP works?

I also think it
What I mean here it's that the discussion it's not spammed enough.

If Tier 1 DBH/Xeno isn't banned yet, this shouldn't either, imo
Stop commenting on a Staff Discussion thread without permission if you're not saying anything relevant in terms of information.

... I literally am.
Is replying to my warning, and replying to Luffy's confusion, someone who has no power to vote here, relevant information?
I am not warning you about the comment about the amount of threads, but you can't have back and forths here unless given explicit permission. Please refrain from comment from now on unless you have something new to the table

If you can make a draft, that'd be good.
A note should be far more summarized so

"Note 3: Avoid suggesting an upgrade to Kid Buu's destructive capabilities based on the universal statements on Buu Saga, as this proposal has been discussed and rejected in previous threads."

Does that work?

"Note 3: Avoid suggesting an upgrade to Kid Buu's destructive capabilities based on the universal statements on Buu Saga, as this proposal has been discussed and rejected in previous threads."

Does that work?
Don't forget to link said threads also

Does that work?
If you can make a draft, that'd be good.
I agree with the proposed rule. Though a note on the relevant profiles would work just as well.
I'm sorry, but I can't just add this if you don't say if that suggestion works or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back