• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Everlasting, who was handling the Wizard101 profiles in the past, doesn't like this at all:

"I'm like, not a fan of the extrapolation here:

Traveling to the past here means going to another timeline which I don't really agree with because the same characters changing the past actually affects the future

"Now, here we get to the sands of time. These sands of times dictate how much time has passed in the spiral. Each grain of the sands is a different past or future."

But this is pulled out of nowhere, what's said is that each grain represents a moment in the Spiral's history, not that each is an independent timeline. And assuming "endless" isn't just hyperbole which it pretty clearly is."

Also deliberately asking WoG specific questions like with Godzilla. It's pretty bullshit.

"My instruments have pinpointed a crisis point in Ravenwood's timeline - we've talked about this before, right?"

Does this imply to you that each moment of the past is another timeline? No.

It feels like when people take one word and don't think of any other context it can have.

Like, Ravenwood's timeline means the chronological history of Ravenwood, I assume you agree? Not that literally each moment is another timeline."

Also, Wizard101 is literally Tier 4 by WoG. The devs say the setting is a solar system. So either we use the actual feats and ignore hasty interpretations from dev talk, or we downgrade the verse to 4-B

That was an empty WoG statement tbh, and Empryea completly disregarded that statement. In the backround to Empryea you can see literal galaxies in the background, and Bartleby says the Spiral is a Universe. Ever in an older thread himself says it's larger than a solar system, at least a galaxy by design. I also asked devs and they say it's not literally to scale, as the spiral holds countless words according to Bartleby; said worlds are constantly being added

Medulla, and the lead writer of the game, and a lot of the characters say Spider and Raven could destroy the universe and the timelines in it if they wanted too as well

As for the 2-B, I am fine with them going back to their old rating of 2-C which is where they were with feats/statements. Either way, they said timeline quests will be back soon in which they will expand the cosmology

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, Wizard101 is literally Tier 4 by WoG. The devs say the setting is a solar system. So either we use the actual feats and ignore hasty interpretations from dev talk, or we downgrade the verse to 4-B
Nay, the Verse is clearly 1-A. uwu

Ultima Reality said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Nay, the Verse is clearly 1-A. uwu
The great wheel of existence is quite interesting to be frank

The inhabitants of that area said that Grandmother Raven created the rings of Mandella to remind mortals that time to her, and as a whole, is an illusion, and that she, along with shadow and chaos (Spider) are beyond it. But even beyond time, she reminds mortals that existence as a whole is flat and a wheel, which she is beyond entirely, and (Due to other in game statements) she could snap it all away and rebuild it. The only thing above her being The Creator

The Causality, I think this CRT was the last thread. I also check the edits on the pages and none were made by Zenkai near the time he stated that he would revert the edits. So, I don't think this CRT was ever concluded, given that Zenkai made the comment that a downgrade would happen 12 days ago, and all the Wizard 101's CRT that I have on have been closed after conclusions

The Causality said:
Yep, he never made the change because it seem that he found more proof for 2-B, at least it seem.
The Downgrade has been stopped because Zenkai said that he would handle the changes like he usually do but sadly never did. The last discussion was about 1-A side joke, not really about more evidence.

My point was The revision still stated a 2-C downgrade was going to happen.

Well, in any case, I will downgraded the pages to 2-C

Elizhaa said:
My point was The revision still stated a 2-C downgrade was going to happen.
Well, in any case, I will downgraded the pages to 2-C
Why were they downgraded?

The argument was that the past isn't a different timeline

The scan I posted showed that when we went back to the past, it was stated to be a seperate timeline

Zenkaibattery1 said:
Hold on guys
https://youtu.be/kza_x_JHr4Q?t=409

Travelling back to the past, we see adverse changes occurring and about to occur

https://imgur.com/a/lVWNITL

"I've seen that timeline- in it, the dragonspyre academy sweeps through the spiral"

The professor himself refers to said past as that timeline/another timeline. This should be proof enough that past = separate timeline.
I mean this pretty much the same case:https://imgur.com/a/M0rz8mm as Dragon Ball Infinite History Statement which didn't make them 2-A. I see no reason for special exception.

The accepted one wasn't 2-A, it was 2-B

2-B was momentarilly rejected because it was argued that there aren't seperate timelines, which the quest debunks entirely by stating we travelled to another timeline

Can somebody summarise the arguments here?

@Ant

Against:

Argument that was against the upgrade was that the different pasts weren't a seperate timeline because the statement "There's a crisis point in ravenwood's timeline" doesn't at all imply the past is a seperate timeline

For:

However, a new statement was brought up where they stated when we travelled to the past, we were actually travelling to another timeline as a whole "I've seen that timeline- in it, the dragonspyre academy sweeps through the spiral (Universe)" and then we proceed to travel back in time and fix said timeline

https://imgur.com/a/lVWNITL

Main timeline: Everything is normal

Past timeline: DS academy has/is sweeping through the Universe.

See another timeline =/= separate universe, i have seen something similar to this, he just not affected by timeline alteration

Actually we do treat timelines as separate universes.

"Universe level+: ("Low 2-C") This is for characters who can destroy and/or create the entire 4-dimensional space-time of a single universe, not just the physical matter within one. For example, an entire timeline."

Back