• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A Pokemon...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zeifyl

>It all depends on what "Space" and "ever-expanding" means in this context.

It's a text inscribed on a mural of Palkia.

NeoZex6399 said:
@Zeifyl
>It all depends on what "Space" and "ever-expanding" means in this context.

It's a text inscribed on a mural of Palkia.
Yes. Does it mean "Space" as in "The Universe" or as in "Palkia"?

And does "ever-expanding" translate to "expands finitely forever" or "expands infinitely"?

I'm pretty sure "space" in this context is meaning 2 since the lore has actually already stated that the universes in Pokemon are flat out infinite in size (size as in they don't simply expand like our universe does).

Xerkser500 said:
I'm pretty sure "space" in this context is meaning 2 since the lore has actually already stated that the universes in Pokemon are flat out infinite in size (size as in they don't simply expand like our universe does).
While this doesn't mean anything (infinite objects can expand into themselves and all), it being a mural of Palkia (that, and dimensions often meaning Universes in the context of Pokemon) makes 2 pretty likely as well.

Xerkser500 said:
How can a universe expand if it's already flat out infinite in size?
See, that's the best part of infinity! There's always more of it!

It's not like a billion, where it's the same value forever. Infinity < Infinity. Infinity = Infinity. Infinity > Infinity.

Yeah, thsts right, infinity is a concept, not a number, what de are talking is about infinite numbers, is an universe is infinite number of size it can still expand, infinity is as omnipotence, a concept that is beyond itself, basically "you can always add more power" same here, where x= (infinite number) if you add 1 it should be bigger (tough 1 is barely anything to infinite numbers, but you know, just an example) (X+1>X, not x+1=x when you add something that isnt zero to a number it cant just stay the same) so yeah.

Infinity is incredibly unintuitive. As soon as you are dealing with the smallest infinity, you need infinity infinities to essentially add 1. And then you need to add infinity of those infinities to add 1 more. And so on and so forth.

Xerkser500 said:
I guess I understand, but the bit about "finitely expanding" is definitely not true.
Noone said anything about finite expansions. I mentioned an infinite expansion.

Yes but if these universes are already flat out infinite in size, then they cant be at finite sizes expanding infinitely.

The "expands infinitely" bit if anything is more so the case.

Xerkser500 said:
Yes but if these universes are already flat out infinite in size, then they cant be at finite sizes expanding infinitely.
The "expands infinitely" bit if anything is more so the case.
They're infinite, and expands infinitely. Therefore, they're forever growing, without their size changing.

No, Destroying infinite universes = 2-A, Destroying a finite number of infinitely sized universes is still 2-B.

The size of the universes is infinite, but you can still have multiple universes. The size of the universes don't matter in the Multiversal scale, as Infinite Low 2-C is still Low 2-C by our standards.

This has been stagnent for a couple weeks.

But no, this isn't 2-A.

The reflection cave is just an alternate world per universe and ever-expanding doesn't mean infinite.

In case, I agree with Azathoth's viewpoints. Also, I am pretty sure this CRT's OP has been rejected and thus I believe it should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back