• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A Pokemon...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Least signifies that the thing that makes you 2-B was nowhere near the character's full capabilities. If the multiverse was indeed infinite, then the characters would be 2-A, not 2-B.

In that case, a simple "2-B, possibly 2-A" rating would be even more appropiate.

I retract from my previous statement about the possibility being too low, literally the only thing missing is an actual "infinite universes" statement, which, as is hypothetical, the before-mentioned rating would fix.

It's like to what Azzy and I talked about earlier.

The mirror universes have equal chances of either continuously spreading to different mirror universes infinitely or leading back to previous mirror universes and being finite.

If any upgrade happens, its no more than a possibly. Not even a likely.

Right. Because it's possible that it could be infinite. It's not likely because there's no evidence on either side pushing a certain one more.

Hmm. Well personally, I wouldn't mind a "Possibly 2-A" and nothing more.

But I'm also fine with waiting for more concrete evidence from future Pokemon media either.

It depends on what the general consensus is.

Btw just a quick question so another thread doesn't need to be made.

How does this site treat the Spirit World?

"Possibly 2-A" implies there is actual evidence that it's 2-A, just that the likelihood is indeterminate.

The issue here is that there isn't actually any evidence for 2-A, it's completely hypothetical, which we don't base ratings on.

If "the multiverse could be infinite" was enough for "possibly 2-A", a pretty enormous chunk of characters who are anywhere above Low 2-C but below 2-A could qualify for this simply due to the fact it isn't outright refuted in-universe.

Yeah on second thought, Azzy's argument is still more legitimate.

So all I ask now is about the Spirit World and like 1 other thing and then this threads finished.

And just so im clear here, im not upset that theres no upgrade. The actual counter arguments were very reasonable. From the start, there being an upgrade or not didnt matter to me.

My literal only problem was that the last thread was just randomly closed for no reason while the discussion was still going on. All i wanted was to get a veridct on it so that nothing was left out or swept under the table.

Xerkser500 said:
Btw just a quick question so another thread doesn't need to be made.

How does this site treat the Spirit World?
This and like maybe 1 more question are the only things I have left for this thread.

I'm sorta lost, but I'll just say this:

Implications through just read or spoken words sure make a significant impact, depending on which franchise we are talking about. Countless times here on this site, just a simple choice of key words changes everything about the description of a certain character's potency. But then you'd have to consider....what if the "choice words" never came to be? We wouldn't be having all these 2B/2As running around on the site in the first place unless concrete evidence is there.

"Likely" and "Possibly" kinda depends on the validity of the evidence or the possibility of finding the evidence.

Im neutral, but its right this is the Dragon ball xenoverse case, It Will just get into "egsdfgjydfeFg High" 2-B

I'm asking about the Spirit World, or the afterlife in the Pokemon Multiverse

How does this site treat the spirit world?

No "possibly 2-A" is warranted here. Only 2-B at best. Very few assumptions out of the many that can be made could even remotely warrant 2-A and none of them are remotely suggested in-game.

Kepekley23 said:
No "possibly 2-A" is warranted here. Only 2-B at best. Very few assumptions out of the many that can be made could even remotely warrant 2-A and none of them are remotely suggested in-game.
Thats not what this thread is for anymore. Everyone (myself included) agree with Azzy.

Xerkser500 said:
Kepekley23 said:
Thats not what this thread is for anymore. Everyone (myself included) agree with Azzy.
-"only 2-B at best"*

-checks blog talking about Arceus having influence over AT LEAST 200+ million parallel universe*

Kepekley, plz :\

The Spirit world would be another "universe" no? But i dont know, and i doubt It, since i dont know how do we treat "afterlife worlds" like those

Kirby71 said:
The Spirit world would be another "universe" no? But i dont know, and i doubt It, since i dont know how do we treat "afterlife worlds" like those
I'm pretty sure the Spirit World is part of the Pokemon multiverse, too. It is described as a different "plane of existence", though. So I'm not 100% sure if Arceus technically has influence on that "world", tbh.

Actually, the "plane of existence" description for it is why I'm asking how we treat it here.

Not saying anything for sure obviously, but if it's referred as a plane of existence to itself, then thats not simply just an alternate reality. Especially since its an afterlife.

Ive been doing some searching about it in the franchise too and nothing goes against the Spirit World being its own plane of existence.

2 planes of existence cannot co-exist alongside each other in the same plane as far as I know.

Takazuka said:
PalkiaDmsonCeltown
are we just gonna ignore this?
This can mean one of three things:

1. Universes within Pokémon are infinitely expanding into themselves. (which really doesn't change anything).

2. Pokémon is stupidly far into 2-B (as in very likely way ahead of DBH/DBXV).

Or 3. Pokémon is 2-A.

It all depends on what "Space" and "ever-expanding" means in this context.

Personally, I'd prefer 1 or 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back