• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZespeonGalaxy

He/Him
4-A versions are used

Both get Optional Equipment

Speed is =

Starting Distance is 35 meters

I'm Ready!: 4

A Guy who loves adventure!: 11

Kid Named SCP-682 aka Incon:

Last edited:
Feel it prolly would've been better to have a match without optional equipment first since optional equipment adds a lot more to the table. Imma wait a while to see what people start saying.

So does Sonic have any answer to SpongeBob’s Low-Godly regeneration, various immortalities, power nullification that occurs within a few hits, and passive immense luck?

So does Sonic have any answer to SpongeBob’s Low-Godly regeneration, various immortalities, power nullification that occurs within a few hits, and passive immense luck?
Spongebob's Power Null seems to only work on a few select abilities (I don't think we assume it can null any power), that being.. whatever power handsome squidward was using, and Plankton's giant form and control over his dream?

So it's not that big of an issue. Not sure how good the passive luck is.

Sonic can handle Low-Godly via incap, BFR, and I would argue transmutation as I'd say Spongebob's resistances seem kinda bunk. I might not be able to respond after this as it's late for me rn.

Not sure how good the passive luck is.
His luck makes it so that skilled/bloodlusted fighters wanting to kill him would end up missing him to the point Spongebob accidentally counterattacks without realizing he’s in a fight, as well as events of chain reactions occuring that would save him from danger (Or if he’s dead, chain reactions would occur that would somehow revive him). Since he has his Life Insurance here, it pretty much increases his already good luck by making it so that he can’t get hit so long as he’s holding it.
I would argue transmutation as I'd say Spongebob's resistances seem kinda bunk
How so? He turns himself into soap bubbles only to return to normal later on, so being turned into a ring wouldn’t work on him.

I should also note that his laughter is 2-layered Madness Manipulation that can work on those who resist it, so unless Sonic’s resistance is layered as well, he will be driven crazy by his laughter which would make him get trapped in his own mind being tormented in several loops. And if this fight drags on any longer, Sonic will end up giving up in less than a minute as that’s pretty much what happened to characters like Man Ray and the Flying Dutchman.

Last edited:
His luck makes it so that skilled/bloodlusted fighters wanting to kill him would end up missing him to the point Spongebob accidentally counterattacks without realizing he’s in a fight, as well as events of chain reactions occuring that would save him from danger (Or if he’s dead, chain reactions would occur that would somehow revive him). Since he has his Life Insurance here, it pretty much increases his already good luck by making it so that he can’t get hit so long as he’s holding it.
Would it cause someone several hundreds times faster with homing attacks to miss?
How so? He turns himself into soap bubbles only to return to normal later on, so being turned into a ring wouldn’t work on him.
I feel that example has some merit. Though I do still think this seems more like some body control/shapeshifting more than it is transmutation. The profile even links the bubble feat in text stating it to be shapeshifting. I feel the same about him becoming a "real sponge". Seems more like body control than transmutation. But it's on the profile, so I'll have to live with that.

BFR would still work.

Even if Spongebob's luck will cause Sonic to miss, he'd eventually realize he can't hit him and use Chaos Control or the Magic Hands to either BFR or seal Spongebob

Even if Spongebob's luck will cause Sonic to miss, he'd eventually realize he can't hit him and use Chaos Control or the Magic Hands to either BFR or seal Spongebob

assuming he'd even get that off before SpongeboymeBob thwacks em with whatever else is surefire

and spongeman resists sealing, and apparently has passive empath, social influence, probability, and luck

Last edited:
Well it is a thought based hax. Sonic just thinks and Spongebob would be poofed away. It's not like he needs to do some crazy ritual for it to work.

I know that, but again, that's assuming the hog can get that off before washing sponge pulls out literally anything to dome em

unironically enough, hedgehog could make a snarky comment that could make sponge burst out of laughter
I don't think Sonic makes snarky comments that much in battle. Well, ig in pontaff writing he does. When he was written at his best, he saved his witty banter for his rivals before or after the battle rather than during it. He's usually more serious during combat.

I don't think Sonic makes snarky comments that much in battle. Well, ig in pontaff writing he does. When he was written at his best, he saved his witty banter for his rivals before or after the battle rather than during it. He's usually more serious during combat.

dunno bout that one, I only really see him serious when he's transformed into Super Sonic

then again, that's just me

dunno bout that one, I only really see him serious when he's transformed into Super Sonic

then again, that's just me
Depends who he's up against. He takes serious threats seriously. Take Erazor for example. Albeit it's been a long time since I watched their battle, I don't remember him cracking silly jokes during his battle with him. I also don't know what kind of witty remarks Sonic could possibly make towards Spongebob to make him laugh.

How much Sonic have you played? He's been serious during a lot of big fights.

Depends who he's up against. He takes serious threats seriously. Take Erazor for example. Albeit it's been a long time since I watched their battle, I don't remember him cracking silly jokes during his battle with him. I also don't know what kind of witty remarks Sonic could possibly make towards Spongebob to make him laugh.

How much Sonic have you played? He's been serious during a lot of big fights.

I've played Sonic games since like, the late 2000s to early 2010s

memory is a lil foggy tho, since I've been more on Mario's side for electronic entertainment even earlier

I also wouldn't think Sonic would start off at that level of seriousness, considering Spongebob's character as a whole

damn, that's what I get for skimming through the OP, but that shouldn't matter

cuz it still mentions them being in-character, but willing to win

I've played Sonic games since like, the late 2000s to early 2010s

memory is a lil foggy tho, since I've been more on Mario's side for electronic entertainment even earlier

I also wouldn't think Sonic would start off at that level of seriousness, considering Spongebob's character as a whole
I think Sonic taking an opponent serious or not depends on context. There's a lot of cases where he takes them seriously, and some cases where he cracks jokes. It usually depends on if they get into the conflict, or if Sonic already knows that person. Since he's much more willing to crack jokes when fighting an old-time rival.

assuming he'd even get that off before SpongeboymeBob thwacks em with whatever else is surefire

and spongeman resists sealing, and apparently has passive empath, social influence, probability, and luck
Spongebob does not resist sealing through a 2-A ranged BFR. Spongebob also wouldn't be able to hit Sonic at all because the moment Sonic uses his speed amps, he'll reach Spongebob way faster than he can think, and if he'd still somehow never hit Spongebob he will use Chaos Control or the wisps.

Spongebob using the string wouldn't work because Sonic already survived that kind of erasure before

Spongebob does not resist sealing through a 2-A ranged BFR. Spongebob also wouldn't be able to hit Sonic at all because the moment Sonic uses his speed amps, he'll reach Spongebob way faster than he can think, and if he'd still somehow never hit Spongebob he will use Chaos Control or the wisps.

then it ain't sealing my guy, that's just plain BFR

and uh, passive empath, social influence, probability, and luck

so like, no

Spongebob using the string wouldn't work because Sonic already survived that kind of erasure before

didn't mention the string

wouldnt the chaos emeralds already cause spongebob some trouble, and add sonic into the equation and how is spongebob going to be able to respond?

Spongebobs wincons are probably through power nullification, and passive probability manip and either the magic book or magic pencil

If Emeralds has 2-A levels of power that could be restricted right? Not to say Im gonna restrict it. Im just double checking.

Can't you explain it briefly? I could look at it but given the Sonic side explained their argument I expect the same from the other side

aight, now for this

normally, Spongeman Icecone's standard tactics would be to utilize Karate and H2H in general

however, according to his profile, man's got a few passive P&A's on there

while his "Supernatural Charisma" doesn't seem to be one of them, it looks as though the littlest bit of action or exposure to him can cause his enemies to either forfeit or ally themselves with him (such as the knee slap he did alongside Patrick in The Spongebob Squarepants Movie that caused a few monsters to start singing with 'em)

his "Empathic Manipulation" looks to be more on the passive side of the spectrum, as just his mere presence was enough to keep color, happiness and chaos under control in Bikini Bottom. Granted, unsure if that'll be enough. But, if Spongeboy realizes his H2H ain't nettin' him anything, he could resort to shit like these

lastly, his "Probability" and "Supernatural Luck". this is pretty funky, as Sponge literally doesn't need to do anything to really defeat Sonic. By some chance of luck, Sonic could wind up KO'ing himself cuz of Spongeman's absurd luck. His profile also says that those who have intent in killing SpongeBob have consistently went insane trying and have been abruptly defeated

so if anything, I'd think it'd be a no-brainer to assume that BFR, or really anything, would work on Sponge, since Hedgehog doesn't have a counter to his Probability and Luck

while his "Supernatural Charisma" doesn't seem to be one of them, it looks as though the littlest bit of action or exposure to him can cause his enemies to either forfeit or ally themselves with him (such as the knee slap he did alongside Patrick in The Spongebob Squarepants Movie that caused a few monsters to start singing with 'em)
Sonic would become too fast for Spongebob to do anything, especially with him adapting and growing stronger and faster passively. And I'm not sure how potent it is because this only worked with the monsters after he did the action and many of his enemies still don't convert to his side like Dennis or Plankton
his "Empathic Manipulation" looks to be more on the passive side of the spectrum, as just his mere presence was enough to keep color, happiness and chaos under control in Bikini Bottom. Granted, unsure if that'll be enough. But, if Spongeboy realizes his H2H ain't nettin' him anything, he could resort to shit like these
That's not combat applicable, and Sonic would blitz by the time it happens
lastly, his "Probability" and "Supernatural Luck". this is pretty funky, as Sponge literally doesn't need to do anything to really defeat Sonic. By some chance of luck, Sonic could wind up KO'ing himself cuz of Spongeman's absurd luck. His profile also says that those who have intent in killing SpongeBob have consistently went insane trying and have been abruptly defeated
How does this manifest in a battle Spongebob had? Like are there specific examples where what you described happens?

Sonic isn't a villain so the don't try to "defeat" Spongebob, just knock him because in-character, in a "death battle" maybe this works in better context

Sonic isn't a villain so the don't try to "defeat" Spongebob, just knock him because in-character, in a "death battle" maybe this works in better context

it legitimately wouldn't matter what Sonic's affiliation is, Spongebob's Probability and Luck ain't limited to that

Sonic would become too fast for Spongebob to do anything, especially with him adapting and growing stronger and faster passively.

no he wouldn't, cuz to quote what one of the Sonic supporters mentioned, Sonic's passive growth is much slower when his opponent is weaker than him

so he wouldn't be growing as quickly enough to really blitz, especially when Spongebob has his own Passive AD

And I'm not sure how potent it is because this only worked with the monsters after he did the action and many of his enemies still don't convert to his side like Dennis or Plankton

point is, even an action as minimal as a knee slap was enough to convert several monsters that had the intent to harm 'em, but you'd have to ask the actual supporters

That's not combat applicable, and Sonic would blitz by the time it happens

it's definitely combat applicable, I only gave you a brief overview of the ability's description, like you asked

How does this manifest in a battle Spongebob had? Like are there specific examples where what you described happens?

yes, in his profile

I ain't well-versed in Spongebob like I used to be, I'm mainly here to stall for some of the actual supporters to get their asses here to defend the verse they support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back