• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A kid vs Cure Elim Los Malvar!

Do Max need to see his opponents to affect them with his haxs? Because cure has a literal zombie armor in his body, that is all around his body

actually, I'm asking if he can use hax on things he can't see? because Max doesn't affect everyone with his hax when he writes
Hmm I believe he should be able to since in game you can effect things way off maxwells sight. Like people in buildings or behind doors

Well, Cure main wincon os his Soul Manipulation and his AP tier 7.
What adjectives Max usually use against big enemies?
Death Will not work, because immortality Type 7

Well, Cure main wincon os his Soul Manipulation and his AP tier 7.
What adjectives Max usually use against big enemies?
Death Will not work, because immortality Type 7
Actually dead works on zombies who are also Type 7

As far as I’m aware, the only ability we know Maxwell used in combat was duplicating the opponent (he duplicated the anti monitor). Everything else he does is meant to just help people throughout the games.

Granted, I image the opponent needing to fight a perfect copy of themselves would be pretty bad (especially since Max’s copy won against the original person he summoned it against). But, it gives Cure a chance to kill Maxwell.

I’ve heard, for some strange reason, dying to the opponent after you already won doesn’t count as an inconclusive (Garou has lost 3 or so matches despite his radiation absolutely killing the opponent afterwards, why that isn’t an inconclusive I have zero idea); so I’ll vote cure. He likely loses to his copy after the fight, but Maxwell summoning the copy gives Cure a chance to easily kill Max.

Last edited:
As far as I’m aware, the only ability we know Maxwell used in combat was duplicating the opponent (he duplicated the anti monitor). Everything else he does is meant to just help people throughout the games.

Granted, I image the opponent needing to fight a perfect copy of themselves would be pretty bad (especially since Max’s copy won against the original person he summoned it against). But, it gives Cure a chance to kill Maxwell.

I’ve heard, for some strange reason, dying to the opponent after you already won doesn’t count as an inconclusive (Garou has lost 3 or so matches despite his radiation absolutely killing the opponent afterwards, why that isn’t an inconclusive I have zero idea); so I’ll vote cure. He likely loses to his copy after the fight, but Maxwell summoning the copy gives Cure a chance to easily kill Max.
This is wrong since only reason he summoned anti monitor was because he didnt have any other thing he can do. In the games most of the time maxwell uses the adjectives to end the opponent as fast as he can, maxwells whole thing is “Heres a mission. Do it as fast as possible.” And the mission is to defeat the snake which can be done with “Dead,Gone,Friendly,Normal,Mad,Dumb,Crazy,Scared etc”
Maxwell CANNOT spawn his opponent no matter who they are thats NLF and remember this is 9-A version and NOT the unmasked one who does that. He can only summon the things he can summon in game

I mean, it’s not necessarily his mission here, he just knows he should to fight this guy due to SBA. If you changed the op to say, “Maxwell’s mission is to defeat this snake” then I would absolutely see him start to use a bunch of adjectives.

The anti monitor fight is still really the only fight we have seen from Maxwell though, so while his move set was limited, we haven’t seen him fight any other way.

Currently I’m still voting cure because Maxwell approaches missions and fights differently, but if the op changes to Maxwell viewing this as a mission then he would be pressed for time and go for something op (and win for any number of reasons like petrification or just writing incapacitated on cure).

I mean, it’s not necessarily his mission here, he just knows he should to fight this guy due to SBA. If you changed the op to say, “Maxwell’s mission is to defeat this snake” then I would absolutely see him start to use a bunch of adjectives.
Fight this guy = Defeat this guy as soon as possible = My main method that I can use = Adjectives
The anti monitor fight is still really the only fight we have seen from Maxwell though, so while his move set was limited, we haven’t seen him fight any other way.
Its what he did in his 2-A key. Unless you are saying maxwell will just summong a 2-A summon and win? Bad logic
Currently I’m still voting cure because Maxwell approaches missions and fights differently, but if the op changes to Maxwell viewing this as a mission then he would be pressed for time and go for something op (and win for any number of reasons like petrification or just writing incapacitated on cure).
SBA assumes maxwell will want to defeat cure. Its actually more IC for maxwell to try to incap but his character is still mostly unknown. I think you are using a horrible logic heh, Please also reply to me or I dont get the notification and cant ser ur comment

You just pulled a non sequitur. Making another anti monitor in the original game doesn’t mean I meant he would make the anti monitor here. I meant he would make the opponent.

SBA doesn’t make fighting the opponent your mission or anything like that. It makes you want to fight the opponent, but it isn’t your motivation. Without a mission being a motivation, this is just a fight, and he’s never shown to spam adjectives in fights.

We have one fight from his, and his first move was to copy the opponent.

You just pulled a non sequitur. Making another anti monitor in the original game doesn’t mean I meant he would make the anti monitor here. I meant he would make the opponent.
He can't. Thats NLF.
SBA doesn’t make fighting the opponent your mission or anything like that. It makes you want to fight the opponent, but it isn’t your motivation. Without a mission being a motivation, this is just a fight, and he’s never shown to spam adjectives in fights.
SBA makes you willing to kill the opponent. Why would maxwell NOT use adjectives? He has basically nothing else that can be used offensively expectmaybe Idk spawning soldiers and stuff but writing "sleepy" is much easier and maxwell has to be a dumbass not to use it.
We have one fight from his, and his first move was to copy the opponent.
That fight was so different its hilarious. He cannot copy opponents. Thats NLF or he would literally win all his battles.

How would it be a NLF to make a duplicate of the opponent when one of his powers is making duplicates of the opponent. I guess you can argue it wouldn’t have all the powers of cure (fair enough), but he should be able to make a copy. He copied the Anti Monitor just fine.

How would it be a NLF to make a duplicate of the opponent when one of his powers is making duplicates of the opponent. I guess you can argue it wouldn’t have all the powers of cure, but he should be able to make a copy. He copied the Anti Monitor just fine.
Well okay lets say he copied cure not sure if thats accepted. Now maxwell has 2 options while watching the copy of the cure protect him write a adjective and win or keep spamming cures. What would cure starts with from long range?

My point earlier was, while making that copy, he loses time to do anything else before cure just immediately stomps him into the ground (for literally a hundred or so reasons, Maxwell has zero defensive ability at the start and his durability is garbage here).

My point earlier was, while making that copy, he loses time to do anything else before cure just immediately stomps him into the ground (for literally a hundred or so reasons, Maxwell has zero defensive ability at the start and his durability is garbage here).
What does he even start with?

I just rechecked. He kinda just starts with generic attack spells, which doesn’t really matter which one he uses here. All of them one hit quit Maxwell out of life immediately.

I just rechecked. He kinda just starts with generic attack spells, which doesn’t really matter which one he uses here. All of them one hit quit Maxwell out of life immediately.
Range? It says hundres of meters which is not enough for a oneshot instantly

I know he has one that turns the opponent into zombies when he was far away on a mountain. So if Maxwell is 4km away he’s pretty much forced to use that one. It’s an AoE and Maxwell as zero agility nor protection without adjectives so it should hit just fine.

I know he has one that turns the opponent into zombies when he was far away on a mountain. So if Maxwell is 4km away he’s pretty much forced to use that one. It’s an AoE and Maxwell as zero agility nor protection without adjectives so it should hit just fine.
Is turning zombies like mind control? How does it work. If he starts with spells he will just make his way up to maxwell and use spells.

Why would he try to run up to someone 4km away? The fight I read to refresh my memories started when he was in range for those spells. Since you reminded me of the SBA starting distance being so stupidly far, then he’s pretty much forced to use the zombie spell (which is in character for him).

The zombie control is necromancy (which I’m not sure would count as mind manipulation in this case or not). Plus, he doesn’t need to control zombie Maxwell, he’ll still be dead.

Why would he try to run up to someone 4km away? The fight I read to refresh my memories started when he was in range for those spells. Since you reminded me of the SBA starting distance being so stupidly far, then he’s pretty much forced to use the zombie spell (which is in character for him).
So has he ever shown to use another attack because the opponent is far away?
The zombie control is necromancy (which I’m not sure would count as mind manipulation in this case or not). Plus, he doesn’t need to control zombie Maxwell, he’ll still be dead.
Maxwell can still function being "undead" in scribblenauts

He literally doesn’t have an another attack that could reach Maxwell. He likes to use the zombie spell. I don’t see any reason he won’t go for.

There’s a difference between being a generic undead and being made into a specific type of undead (a mindless overlord zombie).

He literally doesn’t have an another attack that could reach Maxwell. He likes to use the zombie spell. I don’t see any reason he won’t go for.

There’s a difference between being a generic undead and being made into a specific type of undead (a mindless overlord zombie).
So it depends on if maxwell is use hax or cloning. I need to ask some questions to see if it will be incon because cure dying to a summon

Please do ask, I’ve seen so many threads recently have both people die, but the other died later so it didn’t count (which makes no sense to me, they still died).

So it depends on if maxwell is use hax or cloning. I need to ask some questions to see if it will be incon because cure dying to a summon
A Cure clone will be a little useless, since without the souls which him abosrbed he become a Mindless Zombie

I’m pretty sure Maxwell can write ghost into existence (it’s been a bit since I’ve played scribblenauts though). And ghost are just disembodied souls. So I imagine if he made a copy it would just be made with souls. Though if not, Maxwell would definitely be screwed then.

Back