• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS

Shadow is Low 2-C and Maxwell is frikin 2-A

SBA
Speed =

Max:
Shadow:
goku solos both: 7+

Last edited:
What does shadow start with? What can he do against maxwell just...punching the ground and nuking the place?

Shadow's fate hax works by him just wanting to achieve something, and that wish will eventually get fufilled no matter what. Say, if he wants to deafeat Maxwell (which is something that he should want to do by default if we are to go by SBA), then he simply will alter the fate of the world so that this wish gets fufilled. All he has to do is start fighting Maxwell (or do anything else that would result in defeating Maxwell), and sooner or later he will defeat him. It is unknown how long it takes for this wish to get fufilled, but other users from the SF verse of this same ability have had cases where they achieved their goals (which mind you were on paper supposed to be very hard to achieve) so easily that they didn't even know how they did it. Although this fate hax is instant the moment Shadow gets killed. So if he still wanted to defeat Maxwell the moment Maxwell killed him fate would instantly grant Shadow's wish, so Maxwell would also get defeated.

Shadow's fate hax works by him just wanting to achieve something, and that wish will eventually get fufilled no matter what. Say, if he wants to deafeat Maxwell (which is something that he should want to do by default if we are to go by SBA), then he simply will alter the fate of the world so that this wish gets fufilled. All he has to do is start fighting Maxwell (or do anything else that would result in defeating Maxwell), and sooner or later he will defeat him. It is unknown how long it takes for this wish to get fufilled, but other users from the SF verse of this same ability have had cases where they achieved their goals (which mind you were on paper supposed to be very hard to achieve) so easily that they didn't even know how they did it. Although this fate hax is instant the moment Shadow gets killed. So if he still wanted to defeat Maxwell the moment Maxwell killed him fate would instantly grant Shadow's wish, so Maxwell would also get defeated.
Would it still work if maxwell effects shadows concept as a whole? Max also has emphathic manipulation to make shadow change his own fate

Would it still work if maxwell effects shadows concept as a whole? Max also has emphathic manipulation to make shadow change his own fate
Yes there's the obvious loop hole to the fate hax that if somebody manages to change Shadow's thoughts and wishes it completely negates his ability to kill the enemy via fate manip. Characters in his verse even tricked him with illusions for many years into not wanting to destroy the world, so for a long time the world remained alive up until he broke out of the illusion and wished to destroy the world, killing it as a result. He's pretty good on resistances to Mind, Empathic hax and other similar abilities though, so I don't think Maxwell's empathic manipulation would work on him.

How does his concept manipulation even work? Like what adjectives could he even put on Shadow to negate / sedate his fate hax before killing him? Maxwell I assume wouldn't know of Shadow's fate hax so he wouldn't try to find a way around it by putting adjectives on Shadow that would negate his fate hax / change his state of mind.

How does his concept manipulation even work? Like what adjectives could he even put on Shadow to negate / sedate his fate hax before killing him? Maxwell I assume wouldn't know of Shadow's fate hax so he wouldn't try to find a way around it by putting adjectives on Shadow that would negate his fate hax / change his state of mind.
He can make him “Friendly” “Dumb” “Crazy” and pretty sure you need concept manipulation resistance to resist maxwells hax. Since he doesnt actually have haxes all of them come from his concept manipulation. Maxwell IC will try stuff that makes him win instantly and mind hax/emphathic hax are pretty high on the list

He can make him “Friendly” “Dumb” “Crazy” and pretty sure you need concept manipulation resistance to resist maxwells hax. Since he doesnt actually have haxes all of them come from his concept manipulation. Maxwell IC will try stuff that makes him win instantly and mind hax/emphathic hax are pretty high on the list
Hmmm well this would give Maxwell a win con then. Shadow doesn't have concept-based resistances, and if this is his Main Plane key neither would Shadow Mind. But then again, if there's the chance / scenario that Maxwell doesn't start with mind/emapthic hax and with something else that doesn't change Shadow's state of mind but instantly kills him then fate hax should do the trick.

Hmmm well this would give Maxwell a win con then. Shadow doesn't have concept-based resistances, and if this is his Main Plane key neither would Shadow Mind. But then again, if there's the chance / scenario that Maxwell doesn't start with mind/emapthic hax and with something else that doesn't change Shadow's state of mind but instantly kills him then fate hax should do the trick.
Would fate hax instantly kill maxwell? How will it work if max just writes “gone” and EEs shadows ass?

Also, Main Plane Shadow is an awkward fusion with Shadow Mind, where Shadow is possessed by Shadow Mind, but Shadow Mind starts to imitate Shadow's personality and character, only in a more evil way. Shadow Mind's body is also all the Shadow Energy in the world. In the story it never gets the opportunity to fully gather the scattered Shadow Energy from the world in one focal point. But I assume by SBA these characters get transported from their worlds to an outer arena, so Shadow Mind should be carried over with all the scattered Shadow Energy from its world, but this time with its Shadow Energy gathered in one point, which gives it some passive haxes such as Law Manipulation which can induce Death Hax and others. Again, this is only if Shadow Mind were to be transported with all the Shadow Energy from the world as well (because it is stated to be its body, as Shadow Mind is Shadow Energy's mind).

Also, Main Plane Shadow is an awkward fusion with Shadow Mind, where Shadow is possessed by Shadow Mind, but Shadow Mind starts to imitate Shadow's personality and character, only in a more evil way. Shadow Mind's body is also all the Shadow Energy in the world. In the story it never gets the opportunity to fully gather the scattered Shadow Energy from the world in one focal point. But I assume by SBA these characters get transported from their worlds to an outer arena, so Shadow Mind should be carried over with all the scattered Shadow Energy from its world, but this time with its Shadow Energy gathered in one point, which gives it some passive haxes such as Law Manipulation which can induce Death Hax and others. Again, this is only if Shadow Mind were to be transported with all the Shadow Energy from the world as well (because it is stated to be its body, as Shadow Mind is Shadow Energy's mind).
Hmm Idk man wouldnt that be a 2v1? Anyways so Maxwells wincons are: Mind hax or Emphathic hax, maybe EE? BFR too I belirve (but not IC so who cares)

Would fate hax instantly kill maxwell? How will it work if max just writes “gone” and EEs shadows ass?
Yes fate makes it so that his final wish / goal is instantly fufilled. Even if Shadow dies or gets erased (meaning he technically wouldn't even be able to think anymore) right after his death his wish is granted and becomes a reality. I can't exactly say how Maxwell would be defeated, since fate manipulation is up to interpretation how it would be carried out. For example in the main story Shadow wanted to destroy the world. He gets killed in combat by Descendant but right after that Moira becomes enraged by his death, takes control of Shadow Mind and throws it into the Acceletor, activating it and thus causing it to obliterate the world. Shadow Mind survives the death of the world and decides it will turn back time for it and Descendant to face Shadow again but differently this time so as to not enrage Moira and cause her to throw it into the Accelerator. To this Stranger tells Shadow Mind that no matter how many times it would try to defeat Shadow in a different way it would still ultimately result in the death of the world right after Shadow's death. This also explains why Bolo never dared to travel to the past and kill Shadow in his sleep or something, because in doing that sure Shadow would be dead, but Bolo would return to a present where Shadow's wish would already be fufilled, and so he would arrive somewhere in an empty space.

Yes fate makes it so that his final wish / goal is instantly fufilled. Even if Shadow dies or gets erased (meaning he technically wouldn't even be able to think anymore) right after his death his wish is granted and becomes a reality. I can't exactly say how Maxwell would be defeated, since fate manipulation is up to interpretation how it would be carried out. For example in the main story Shadow wanted to destroy the world. He gets killed in combat by Descendant but right after that Moira becomes enraged by his death, takes control of Shadow Mind and throws it into the Acceletor, activating it and thus causing it to obliterate the world. Shadow Mind survives the death of the world and decides it will turn back time for it and Descendant to face Shadow again but differently this time so as to not enrage Moira and cause her to throw it into the Accelerator. To this Stranger tells Shadow Mind that no matter how many times it would try to defeat Shadow in a different way it would still ultimately result in the death of the world right after Shadow's death. This also explains why Bolo never dared to travel to the past and kill Shadow in his sleep or something, because in doing that sure Shadow would be dead, but Bolo would return to a present where Shadow's wish would already be fufilled, and so he would arrive somewhere in an empty space.
Wouldnt it be NLF to assume his fate hax can kill a 2-A character?

What about “Paralyzed” adjective? What about “Stone” adjective? What about “Scared” adjective?

Hmm Idk man wouldnt that be a 2v1? Anyways so Maxwells wincons are: Mind hax or Emphathic hax, maybe EE? BFR too I belirve (but not IC so who cares)
Yes it would be a 2v1, but Shadow's profile is pretty wack (my fault) right now and forgets to state it at least somewhere.

Wouldnt it be NLF to assume his fate hax can kill a 2-A character?
Hmmm do we compare a Character to a feat in this case? Cause' sure I don't see Shadow's fate hax allowing him to instantly nuke / rewrite 2-A worth of universes, but should this prevent him from fate haxing the instant death of a character who can destroy / rewrite on a 2-A level?

Hmmm do we compare a Character to a feat in this case? Cause' sure I don't see Shadow's fate hax allowing him to instantly nuke / rewrite 2-A worth of universes, but should this prevent him from fate haxing the instant death of a character who can destroy / rewrite on a 2-A level?
I have no idea tbh. It should work for all the other haxes but not sure about fate hax mostly because I dont see shadow causing anything that can kill maxwell.

What about “Paralyzed” adjective? What about “Stone” adjective? What about “Scared” adjective?
What exact meaning of "paralyzed" are we talking about? Since it could mean "cause (a person or part of the body) to become partly or wholly incapable of movement" or "make (someone) unable to think or act normally, especially through panic or fear", in which case the first meaning would still allow Shadow to want to defeat Maxwell, but the second one would probably deter Shadow from still wanting to defeat Maxwell. Or does Maxwell apply both of these meanings simultaneously with this adjective?

Stone as in literally turning Shadow into a stone? Wouldn't that count as death? Stones are not alive and they most likely do not have minds. Or does Maxwell turn Shadow into a talking or conscious rock? He would still be alive then as he would be able to think. I don't know if he would still want to defeat Maxwell as a rock though.

Scared should be pretty good. It makes Shadow afraid of Maxwell. But it depends how scared would Shadow become of Maxwell (or everything else really). A random soldier may be scared of war, but he fights to win his next battle anyways. I think "terrified" is a better word for truly deterring Shadow from wanting to fight Maxwell (but still, maybe he would still want to get rid of Maxwell?).

What exact meaning of "paralyzed" are we talking about? Since it could mean "cause (a person or part of the body) to become partly or wholly incapable of movement" or "make (someone) unable to think or act normally, especially through panic or fear", in which case the first meaning would still allow Shadow to want to defeat Maxwell, but the second one would probably deter Shadow from still wanting to defeat Maxwell. Or does Maxwell apply both of these meanings simultaneously with this adjective?
I think its unknown I assume it just makes someone immobile and just making them stay there not moving in game the characters just stay there but I believe they still have thoughts.
Stone as in literally turning Shadow into a stone? Wouldn't that count as death? Stones are not alive and they most likely do not have minds. Or does Maxwell turn Shadow into a talking or conscious rock? He would still be alive then as he would be able to think. I don't know if he would still want to defeat Maxwell as a rock though.
I mean Idk it just makes them stoned immobile etc. Like medusa if that makes sense I think this also stops making them think but I am a bit rusty not sure...I might download game to see myself lol
Scared should be pretty good. It makes Shadow afraid of Maxwell. But it depends how scared would Shadow become of Maxwell (or everything else really). A random soldier may be scared of war, but he fights to win his next battle anyways. I think "terrified" is a better word for truly deterring Shadow from wanting to fight Maxwell (but still, maybe he would still want to get rid of Maxwell?).
Scared makes them scream in fear and run from maxwell so it is pretty powerful. I think wouldn't shadow now want to escape maxwell? Maybe fate hax will make it so maxwell wont be able to follow him ignoring the fact that IC max will just let shadow run

I have no idea tbh. It should work for all the other haxes but not sure about fate hax mostly because I dont see shadow causing anything that can kill maxwell.
Hmmm it's true, yeah. Though I always imagined it as Maxwell just suddenly dropping dead for no apparent reason other than "fate deemed he is to die now", something like a Death / Life hax based on fate.

Hmmm it's true, yeah. Though I always imagined it as Maxwell just suddenly dropping dead for no apparent reason other than "fate deemed he is to die now", something like a Death / Life hax based on fate.
I think that makes it a solid wincon but I believe maxwell takes this in the bag. He just has so many ways to incap what do you think?

Scared makes them scream in fear and run from maxwell so it is pretty powerful. I think wouldn't shadow now want to escape maxwell? Maybe fate hax will make it so maxwell wont be able to follow him ignoring the fact that IC max will just let shadow run
True if Shadow's wish is suddenly to run away or escape from Maxwell then Maxwell will never be able to stop Shadow from escaping him. Which sounds comical now that I imagine it.

I think that makes it a solid wincon but I believe maxwell takes this in the bag. He just has so many ways to incap what do you think?
I think Shadow has his win cons but in every scenario he is at Maxwell's fingertips / mercy. Shadow's win con exists or not based on Maxwell starting with either the good hax or the bad hax.

And this doesn't sound like NLF to me since there are good examples of characters out there who can resist this form / technique of Fate hax, in which case good for them having it.

I think Shadow has his win cons but in every scenario he is at Maxwell's fingertips / mercy. Shadow's win con exists or not based on Maxwell starting with either the good hax or the bad hax.
Yeap. So who do you vote? I myself vote maxwell since it seems like its either Maxwell uses a bad hax and loses or he incaps and wins
And this doesn't sound like NLF to me since there are good examples of characters out there who can resist this form / technique of Fate hax, in which case good for them having it.
That isn't a NLF. I was more of talking about if fate hax had to cause something to happen for shadow to win. If it can insta death then yes it is a solid wincon, though can shadow come back from EE or death hax after Max picks the wrong adjective?

Yeap. So who do you vote? I myself vote maxwell since it seems like its either Maxwell uses a bad hax and loses or he incaps and wins

That isn't a NLF. I was more of talking about if fate hax had to cause something to happen for shadow to win. If it can insta death then yes it is a solid wincon, though can shadow come back from EE or death hax after Max picks the wrong adjective?
Hmmm well at best for Shadow I see this as an inconclusive matchup and at worst a win for Maxwell. It is hard to judge. I may go for Maxwell, just because Shadow Mind's page is outdated and Shadow's page is, again, wack and needs more work on, so I don't want us to dive into that whole passive Death hax based on Law Manip just to have it be some wank further down the line. Also, Shadow cannot return from EE or Death hax.

And looking further into Historical Importance Index (fate hax) feats in Shadow Fight, there is one case in which one day a rogue soldier was planning an attempt on one of his former superiors' life. This soldier is stopped from achieving his goal by another character who intercepted him just in time and neutralized him through combat. Right after that fight thoguh the rogue soldier's target was poisoned by someone else. He was defeated, but his wish was granted either ways. In our case this does confirm that Maxwell wouldn't just suddenly die by fate, but there would be the need of some other element in the world to carry out this wish, which is hard to come up with when they may not even be anyone surrounding him and Shadow during their fight. Honestly at his tier I can only see Maxwell somehow dying by his own hand since nothing else in Shadow's kit allows him to harm Maxwell. I haven't checked on Shadow in some time too and so I'm rusty as in what he can do outside of fate hax to harm Maxwell.

I mean k but that wouldn't exactly stop the fate hax from working, for example, it could make maxwell depressed after killing shadow and make him off himself
damn gotta applaud you for thinking of that
i vote incon for now

Back