• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This match would be better with a weaker shadow key without fate haz and a weaker maxwell key in close distanxe

And if we are to go by attack potency / scaling, his SF2 key would be the weakest as recent story updates describe him as only growing stronger with time. Still at least SF2 has some extra abilities via his old equipment.

Changing it to incon.
And if we are to go by attack potency / scaling, his SF2 key would be the weakest as recent story updates describe him as only growing stronger with time. Still at least SF2 has some extra abilities via his old equipment.
are you voting incon?

8-C vs 2-A potencies btw. And stuff like Shadow's corruption and disease and whatever is bound to his Shadow Abilitites, which need to actually deal some meaningful damage to their target to apply such effects. If anything maybe Shadow Mind can slip a shadow beast inside of Maxwell and then turn him into that while Maxwell is focused on Shadow. Although to turn him into the beast would require Shadow Mind to first be able to Mind Control him. Maxwell has some sort of Resistance to Mind Manipulation, but how potent is it? Shadow Mind can mind control armies simultaneously and is implied to be able to control even more people than that.

8-C vs 2-A potencies btw. And stuff like Shadow's corruption and disease and whatever is bound to his Shadow Abilitites, which need to actually deal some meaningful damage to their target to apply such effects. If anything maybe Shadow Mind can slip a shadow beast inside of Maxwell and then turn him into that while Maxwell is focused on Shadow. Although to turn him into the beast would require Shadow Mind to first be able to Mind Control him. Maxwell has some sort of Resistance to Mind Manipulation, but how potent is it? Shadow Mind can mind control armies simultaneously and is implied to be able to control even more people than that.
Tin foil hat counters so it is either shadow uses mind hax before or it gets nulled with the tin foil hat, assuming maxwell doesnt kill or destroy the multiverse with a punch before

if the army has resistance to mind hax then it would've worked

Also, Shadow Mind using shadow beasts trick may only be a last resort thing, since because it is acting like Shadow it prefers to spawn shadow weapons and use its Shadow Energy blast before going for its signature mind control techniques. I could also make the argument that in the game it never starts with the shadow beast technique because of gameplay limitations. That technique is used by it in the story and whatnot many times, but when it comes to gameplay it resorts to some hax-less abilities like the shadow blasts and weapons I mentioned before, because the devs would have to put in waaaay to much work into just one fight to properly show-off Shadow Mind's abilities from the story. Hell, even the game Boss Fight designer in a personal blog admitted that Shadow Mind can realistically throw typhoons and whirlwinds of Shadow Energy at its opponent, but because of the camera and the nature of the gameplay as a fighting game they had to resort to having it throw smaller elements at the player during its boss fight [ 1, 2 ]. And Bolo suffers from this as well. His signature ability is Time Manipulation and in the story he has been shown to instantly stop time and have it last for a couple of minutes while he was in a heavily nerfed state. When the player fights him during his pre-nerf state in the gameplay the devs had to make the Time Stop fair, otherwise there would be no way to avoid it and Bolo could stop time, have a drink and still have enough time to come back later to finish you off while you were stuck in his Time Stop. So the devs resorted to a mini game that integrates his Time Stop, where you can prevent it from happening since it is not even close to being instant, and if it does activate it only lasts a few seconds.

ya know
shadow MIGHT negate maxwells mind hax resistance via syphon or shock but i doubt he does it In character

The fight is gonna be a incon way before they use their full arsenal. Maxwell can also just BFR and win but its not really IC.

Well to be fair Shock only ever disarms the opponent' Melee Weapon (excluding their Ranged Weapon) and forbids them for picking up that weapon for the entire round. If Maxwell's RPG system has him equip his Tin Foil Hat in his "Weapon slot" then Shadow should be able to knock it off with Shock and forbid him from picking it up and equipping it again. But if he equips the Tin Foil Hat in his "Helm slot" (which logically he should), then Shadow won't be able to knock it off, as it would be classified as a Helm and not a Melee Weapon. Oh and Shadow actually has to reach Maxwell and land a hit on his head to have a chance at proccing Shock.

Syphon is just Life Steal on his Magic attacks damage? How is that even related to nulling mind hax resistance?

This was one of the most fun matches I participated in tbh. After golden frieza vs sans obviously (I was the reason sans won ^w^)

ngl shadow fight was my childhood but I was not expecting a low 2-c rating AND a fate hax lol obviously as a kid I had no idea about the lore
I was in the same boat as you when I first started indexing SF content on this site like 2.5 years ago. That was my first time ever on any powerscaling forum and I was new to powerscaling as a whole. I somehow stumbled upon the early SF profiles, and since every other verse I knew seemed to already have content made for them due to their popularity, I chose this harmless stick figure verse that in my head would've never reached fate haxes and the likes, so it made a good fit for an initiate like me. I only played SF2 back then so I had an idea as to what to expect: mind control abilities here and there. That was until I checked on its controversial sequel, and the first few chapters already had as many haxes as SF2 in its entirety. It also for no reason has many elements in its story which are never explained in detail (or properly), and so you have to do mental gymnastics to understand how some abilities work the way they do. Couple that with the story being originally written in russian and then localized in english, and you can suspect crucial words slipping here and there.

SF2 canon also sometimes has leaks of broken hax that I don't think the writer was fully aware of their true power when he wrote the story. For example, Ancient's Fight Rules (Law Manipulation) hax applying other haxes like instant Death Manipulation, which can instantly kill Shadow even with his Type 5 immortality. SF2's Underworld spin-off haxes and characters are comical, to say the least. The character Architect, the literal Writer of the story of the game suggests that he even has the ability to delete the game. Yes, not the world, but the entire game as a whole and everything associated with it. Since he is the Writer, he created Shadow Fight 2 (and possibly the sequel games, but because he comes from a spin-off of the second game his "influence" technically shouldn't reach the sequels). And there are possible leaks about Shades (a canon interquel between SF2 and 3) which suggest that the Underworld and its characters from SF2 may in fact become canon to the overall multiverse of the main series.

I was in the same boat as you when I first started indexing SF content on this site like 2.5 years ago. That was my first time ever on any powerscaling forum and I was new to powerscaling as a whole. I somehow stumbled upon the early SF profiles, and since every other verse I knew seemed to already have content made for them due to their popularity, I chose this harmless stick figure verse that in my head would've never reached fate haxes and the likes, so it made a good fit for an initiate like me. I only played SF2 back then so I had an idea as to what to expect: mind control abilities here and there. That was until I checked on its controversial sequel, and the first few chapters already had as many haxes as SF2 in its entirety. It also for no reason has many elements in its story which are never explained in detail (or properly), and so you have to do mental gymnastics to understand how some abilities work the way they do. Couple that with the story being originally written in russian and then localized in english, and you can suspect crucial words slipping here and there.

SF2 canon also sometimes has leaks of broken hax that I don't think the writer was fully aware of their true power when he wrote the story. For example, Ancient's Fight Rules (Law Manipulation) hax applying other haxes like instant Death Manipulation, which can instantly kill Shadow even with his Type 5 immortality. SF2's Underworld spin-off haxes and characters are comical, to say the least. The character Architect, the literal Writer of the story of the game suggests that he even has the ability to delete the game. Yes, not the world, but the entire game as a whole and everything associated with it. Since he is the Writer, he created Shadow Fight 2 (and possibly the sequel games, but because he comes from a spin-off of the second game his "influence" technically shouldn't reach the sequels). And there are possible leaks about Shades (a canon interquel between SF2 and 3) which suggest that the Underworld and its characters from SF2 may in fact become canon to the overall multiverse of the main series.
Same goes for maxwell no one who played the games realized how strong he was and the potential. Like if crossovers were fully canon Maxwell would be a easy 1-A character lmao

SF2's Underworld spin-off haxes and characters are comical, to say the least. The character Architect, the literal Writer of the story of the game suggests that he even has the ability to delete the game. Yes, not the world, but the entire game as a whole and everything associated with it. Since he is the Writer, he created Shadow Fight 2 (and possibly the sequel games, but because he comes from a spin-off of the second game his "influence" technically shouldn't reach the sequels). And there are possible leaks about Shades (a canon interquel between SF2 and 3) which suggest that the Underworld and its characters from SF2 may in fact become canon to the overall multiverse of the main series.
Oh and he also has and can give himself ALL the abilities of ALL the characters from the Underworld and the main story of SF2, since they are all the product of his twisted physche. He even goes as far as seeing these characters as actors, and him their director. Tenebris, the other Eternals, Banshee, Underworld Shadow, Ancient, Titan and many more: Architect has all of their abilities and he's likely even better at using them, since everything the characters do, they do it because the Architect "directs" his "actors" to do so.

Back