• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: DON'T BE BRASH, TURN BACK BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

Well, it's about time I address how the recent CRT will affect the spammed character saga narratively due to how much of it hinges on Deku having a shitload of matches. Also holy shit, Bakugo got hit really hard. At least Lizardy has a few dura-neg matches up her sleeves (Which I did for exactly this occasion) but damn... one match?
● ------------------------------------- ●
Marcy watched the wall of picture frames with worry, seemingly noticing something disturbing.

"Um, is it possible for one's score to go down?" she asked with worry.
"Heh, newbies" Bakugo scoffed, still reading his textbook "It's called a CRT. Sometimes the guy that runs this place realizes how much stronger or weaker we actually are and will proceed to measure previous fights based on our current power. It happened to Yor once but we usually push through it".

"Bakugo, this is happening to you..." Marcy pointed out, prompting the explosive hero to quickly rise from his seat. Quickly rushing to the picture frame, he watched his current score in dismay.

"Just 1?! Seriously?! I'm gonna... Wait a second" he ranted before realizing something "If that happened to me, what happened to that damned nerd?". A quick glance answered his question. The picture of Deku every new addition is shown began to lose its golden borders, the score dropping down to 12. "If he's affected... What does that mean for us?" Marcy pointed out.

"Damage control" the death knight replied with a cart. She quickly picked up the picture frame and placed it in before replacing it with Sans' picture. "Sans has agreed to be the temporary baseline for releases until Deku can recover from this. He'll be visiting a lot more often due to these events" the maintenance worker explained before wheeling away the cart, revealing the short skeleton himself hiding behind her, startling the two denizens.

"Sup, kiddo. Didn't think you and Jotaro would still be here. How many years has it been?" Sans greeted, earning a scoff from Bakugo.
"2 years... And I'm looking forward to another 2" he replied bitterly.

"Well, it's a lot better than the old days I'll tell you that. A lot more people around here, less of the same annoyances. Guess you can say the place has been booming"
"sigh I don't have time for this. Do you have anything I can do for now? Any of your friends can help?".

"Oh, I know one!" Marcy replied, remembering a recent encounter. In the horrid nightmare where hunters are forced to hunt in their blood-drunk state for all eternity in this blood-soaked realm, two hunters are experimenting on a creation one of them built. With the ring of a bell, a familiar notification is heard, followed by a mysterious figure forming from the air itself... You know what, you probably already know who this is gonna be.

"Hmm, I'll admit. He does not resemble any hunter I've seen. Such odd attire, and why is he red?" Simon asked, The Hunter experimenting on an invader summoning bell "And why does his name tag say old hunter? He does not in any way appear old, even in our standards".
"You two idiots know I'm here, right?" Bakugo asked.

"Oh yes, sorry about that. You may call me Simon, the hunter has told me all about the affliction affecting your folks. You have my dearest sympathy" the seeker of secrets replied before extending his bowblade, the loud sound not even startling the explosive hero "However, your way of gaining freedom is much more straightforward than mine. So, I suppose you should prepare yourself".

latest

VS
c__cool_guys_don_t_look_at_explosions__bnha__by_sonreiv_dcbgbh3-pre.jpg

Last edited:
This is a stomp.

Bakugo is only 8-A with Howitzer Impact which is 113 tons his durability is only 8-B so the seeker should one shot.

JT bakugo is 41.11 tons so that means seeker has a 3.1 AP advantage.

I thought sekker scaled to 673 tons my bad.

What skill feats are we looking at fr Bakugo in this key? Because Simon skill-wise is in the top 5 most skilled characters in Bloodborne

What skill feats are we looking at fr Bakugo in this key? Because Simon skill-wise is in the top 5 most skilled characters in Bloodborne
Not the biggest Blodborne expert, but are you sure he would be top 5?

Like, i don't see him on the same level as Gerhman, Maria or Ludwing (sane)

Not the biggest Blodborne expert, but are you sure he would be top 5?

Like, i don't see him on the same level as Gerhman, Maria or Ludwing (sane)
Ye, funnily enough skill-wise the chain is The Hunter > Gehrman > Maria > Prime Ludwig > Simon > Bloody Crow

Really just need to know the skill situation for bakugo, people who spam explosions arent really anything new to Simon given the amount of Powder Keg mad hunters exist in the Hunter's Nightmare as well as his attire granting him an innate resistance to heat, fire, and explosions, he has the range to match Bakugo so bakugo trying to range spam isnt likely to work, and his type 2 immortality and healing make him very hard to put down

Yeah, the skill gap really doesn't help. Bakugou is a gifted combatant in the universe of MHA, being 1º place in the students festival and all, but i don't think this is superior to the skill feats of Bloodborne

His main advantage comes from the absurd mobility of his quirk, at first i thought that the stun grenades would also help, but i just noticed now that Simon is blind, lol

Maybe change to someone a little easier as Gasgoine or side Bakugou with Deku would be more interesting

Humm, Bakugou having prior knowledge MAYBE can help him. He would keep his distance due to Simon superior LS and Rally and use spam range abilities

And i still quite uncertain about Simon skill. His profile says he ultimately lost to Brador and due to his AP he should be comparable to hunters like Henriett and Djura

But still... Due to Simon's big AP gap, healing proprieties and Type 2 immortality i would say he ultimately takes this one

And i still quite uncertain about Simon skill. His profile says he ultimately lost to Brador and due to his AP he should be comparable to hunters like Henriett and Djura
Yeah his skill section needs expanding, basically Simon is one of the only Hunters in the entire Healing Church who outright refused to wield a gun while hunting beasts, leading to the creation of his unique Bowblade, a weapon which has the second highest in-game skill requirement out of any weapon in the game, above even weapons like the Bloody Crow's weapon of choice, the Chikage. Even without a gun, Simon was able to match or surpass most hunters in the field, and even after he got dragged into the Nightmare he fended off other Hunters for years. The only reason he lost to Brador is a mix of Brador being stronger, having the most haxxed weapon in the game (the Bloodletter ie. The only weapon that inflicts Frenzy), and being specialized in assassinating other hunters.

Also Simon did all of this while blindfolded.

Last edited:
I'm thread banned atm so I cant debate on this anymore but if theres no other arguments for bakugo then take my points as a vote for simon

And just to get this concluded

Simon FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

What in the hell happened here.

Bakugo shouldn’t be getting touched by any attack from Simon with his mobility, and even if he has the range to hit him, Bakugo has an immensely superior fire rate and AoE. The skill difference shouldn’t make that much of a difference considering Bakugo doesn’t fight how literally anyone Simon has ever fought does.

“He’s fought people that use powder kegs” excuse me what???? How is that even remotely close to someone raining explosion machine gun shots down at him from above and nuking every area around him with blasts? Or Bakugo’s gauntlets? Or his grenades?

Simon being skilled with a weapon while blind is literally irrelevant if no one can come up with a reason he can even TOUCH Bakugo, let alone defeat him. Like do his arrows curve? Home in on targets? Bakugo could dodge laser barrages from Nine with his mobility and Nine is faster than him, avoiding shots from a bow and arrow should be child’s play for him to avoid mid air with an explosion, while also firing at Simon.

The only thing going for Simon here is his regeneration, and even then Bakugo can just fight him through all of his healing. Bakugo gets stronger as fights go, so eventually he’ll be doing more and more damage to Simon, forcing him to heal more and more, with less area to dodge or withstand his explosions because they’ll get bigger as well. Meanwhile Simon can’t even hurt Bakugo because his only ranged option is a bow that has far inferior feats than Bakugo does, regardless of how skilled he is. Skill chain is irrelevant if you’re fighting someone that doesn’t let you show off your skill.

Idk how this was added and no one from the MHA side was tagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back