• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Fight takes place in an empty field, combatants start 20 metres apart.

Both combatants in-character but looking to destroy their enemy by whatever means necessary.

AP:

Homelander is >> 14 tons of TNT via savagely one-shotting a character with 14 tons of durability

Rem is ~27 tons via damaging the White Whale which at a third of its power was taking attacks worth 9 tons

Speed: Rem is Supersonic, Homelander is Supersonic+

Lifting Strength: Homelander is Class K, Rem is Class 5

Homelander:

Rem: 8 (noninho, FantaRin_The_First, Popted2, Celestial_Pegasus, SlendVeny, Veloxt1r0kore, GlaceonGamez471, Acer)

Inconclusive:

Arguments for Rem: force fields and ice magic beat Homelander's ranged attacks, self-healing, greater skill, every bit as vicious minus the overconfidence, superior AP, can boost herself further with Oni Mode in a pinch

Last edited:
yeah, i think she would be able to not get damaged because of the forcefield or heal the injuries by entering oni mode
and would eventually outsmart him, since he'll be trying to fool her while she's better skilled in combat and focusing on that.

voting rem

Should I replace Rem with Garfiel or Emilia?
Nah. Garfiel can't really deal with Homelander deciding to just fly up and laser him to death, and Emilia can pretty much insta-freeze him. Rem's ice magic just revolve around ice projectiles, so no worries about that here... I think.

Although, I think speed needs to be equal. Just in case.
yeah, i think she would be able to not get damaged because of the forcefield or heal the injuries by entering oni mode
and would eventually outsmart him, since he'll be trying to fool her while she's better skilled in combat and focusing on that.

voting rem
Also, going to add that the recoil that Rem deals with when she uses her Oni Mode is way less of a big deal than Ram's recoil, which essentially turns her into a useless non-combatant within a very short time... Rem going berserk might be a problem. Buuut... I vaguely recall that it takes a long time for that to happen, so meh.

Also, Rem does tend to go for the kill in most serious fights, and she is certain to go for the kill right away thanks to SBA.

So... Rem FRA for me.

I asked because no-one seemed interested. I have heard Rem is unpopular, so I suggested changing so people would take interest.

Anyway, counted.

Rem is like >mach 2, while Homelander is mach 3, speed gap is negligible i think, meanwhile Rem is almost 2x as strong as Homelander, not massive but noticeable.

Homelander has way higher lifting strength so if he grabs Rem, could be bad, Rem could shield herself from ranged attacks with forcefields, while attacking with El Huma, and does have a healing factor and a high pain tolerance, and is adept at combat being from a warrior tribe.

Rem takes it, i think.

Side note looking at her profile, she probably should have martials or weapon mastery, would just have to find the evidence from those earlier volumes (which i still have yet to read in LN format).

Rem is like >mach 2, while Homelander is mach 3, speed gap is negligible i think, meanwhile Rem is almost 2x as strong as Homelander, not massive but noticeable.

Homelander has way higher lifting strength so if he grabs Rem, could be bad, Rem could shield herself from ranged attacks with forcefields, while attacking with El Huma, and does have a healing factor and a high pain tolerance, and is adept at combat being from a warrior tribe.

Rem takes it, i think.

Side note looking at her profile, she probably should have martials or weapon mastery, would just have to find the evidence from those earlier volumes (which i still have yet to read in LN format).
In-depth analysis from the Wiki's resident Re:Zero expert. Nice. The weapon and unarmed skills Rem has obviously aren't quite at masterful levels like Reinhard, but they're far superior to Homelander's skill or lack thereof. Her force fields and ice magic come together to beat his heat vision, meaning his best wincon is getting close and grappling her, while she can punish that with her attacks. Those attacks also get stronger when she enters Oni Mode.

Anyway, counted.

1.5x speed gap vs 1.92x AP gap.
Yeah what does this prove? He still has a substantial speed gap but has nearly half her ap. Like ion care if Rem wins but yall been acting like the speed gap wasnt substantial and thus was a non factor.

Yeah what does this prove? He still has a substantial speed gap but has nearly half her ap. Like ion care if Rem wins but yall been acting like the speed gap wasnt substantial and thus was a non factor.
It seems to me that Homelander might be able to dodge Rem's flail and then take it using his lifting strength, but she can use ice magic following that, and if it comes to close quarters she can mess him up with just her fists, especially if she uses Oni Mode. The speed of the flail will actually be higher than her own speed though, so that might not be an option either.

Rem has far superior AP, range, hax, skill, and stamina.

Homelander has far superior LS and speed.

All this is assuming she doesn't get faster in Oni form.

Rem has far superior AP, range, hax, skill, and stamina.

Homelander has far superior LS and speed.

All this is assuming she doesn't get faster in Oni form.
And as I noted above, the length of a weapon actually makes its end faster than the wielder, which should compensate for the speed gap.

how would that even work?
When you hold out your arm to its fullest length and move it from beside you to in front of you, your hand is travelling the greatest distance, while your shoulder is travelling the least distance, in the same time. If you put a sword in that hand, observe the distance the tip of the sword travels in the same movement. It is significantly greater than the distance your hand travels. The longer the object being swung, the greater the distance its tip will travel when it is swung. Speed is simply distance divided by time. It wouldn't make up a large difference, but for only a 1.5X speed gap, it would certainly make dodging or catching Rem's weapon very difficult.

Its a flail not a sword so im pretty sure it wouldnt have that desired effect. Furthermore, processing speed exists.

Its a flail not a sword so im pretty sure it wouldnt have that desired effect.
It would, provided she swings it in an arc or something similar. It's not a unique trait possessed by swords, it's caused by the length. It's very simple, the head of the weapon is travelling a much greater distance while moving in the same timeframe as the arm that swings it. That's a large part of what makes weapons force multipliers as well.

Furthermore, processing speed exists.
People in real life used weapons like swords, and polearms, and other such things that swung faster than they could swing their fists. That's actually why it's almost impossible to dodge a trained sword strike. So I'm not sure what processing speed is supposed to mean here. Also keep in mind Homelander has never faced anything that could match him in any way, so in regards to dodging he'd actually be less effective at dodging incoming danger at his own speed than a normal human would be at dodging things at their own speed.

Last edited:
Back