• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
??? So can Goblin
Given how he has the AP advantage and the range advantage, since he is usually prone to start spamming repulsors, I don't really see why not. And also, Tony resists most of his explosives.

Last edited:
Given how he has the AP advantage and the range advantage, since he is usually prone to start spamming repulsors, I don't really see why not. And also, Tony resists most of his explosives.
Green Goblin has high 8-C missiles though which would help him

since he is usually prone to start spamming repulsors,
Going to disagree here. Throughout every single movie Tony is shown to prefer CQC rather 5han just repulsor beam Slam from range unless seriously outnumbered.

He's likely to try and engage Normam in a Fist fight rather than hang back and just beam spam.

Going to disagree here. Throughout every single movie Tony is shown to prefer CQC rather 5han just repulsor beam Slam from range unless seriously outnumbered.

He's likely to try and engage Normam in a Fist fight rather than hang back and just beam spam.
But then again, he does usually start off with repulsors looking at most of his fight scenes that he's involved into.

I agree that he'll use them, it's just that he's not going to hang back like 500 feet and only use them.

Green Goblin’s AP is .91 tons scaling off of Spider-Man capable of fighting Captain America whose AP is .91 tons, and Iron Man’s AP is 1.954 tons. So while there is an AP gap, it’s still not very large, a little over double. Besides, it wouldn’t be very easy for Tony to hit Goblin with his repulsors since he’s very mobile in the air. And if they do go hand-to-hand combat, I’d say Goblin has the edge since he’s fought and overwhelmed two Spider-Men in combat twice, while Tony never really showed much H2H skills in the first Iron Man movie.

Goblin’s Glider blades could also be a problem and they could probably pierce through Tony’s armor, as I can’t imagine his early armors being more durable than Doc Ock’s tentacles. There’s also his High 8-C missiles which could seriously damage Tony’s armor or potentially kill him.

Last edited:
Tony's armament consists of only his Repulsors (Hands/Chest), Missiles (1 or 2 Munitions), and Shoulder Guns (1 Volley), and I guess his Flares (1 Volley I think).

Do the Shoulder Guns pose any threat to Goblin or are they inconsequential to the match?

Tony's armament consists of only his Repulsors (Hands/Chest), Missiles (1 or 2 Munitions), and Shoulder Guns (1 Volley), and I guess his Flares (1 Volley I think).

Do the Shoulder Guns pose any threat to Goblin or are they inconsequential to the match?
Probably not, since those were just to deal with regular people, so they might hurt Goblin, but I can’t imagine they’d do any serious damage.

Goblin can one-shot him with his missiles (Though his more frequent weapon, the Pumpkin Bombs provides less use in arial combat than the rest of Tony's arsenal).

I wonder if the glider would suffer from the same icing problem that the Mark II faced

Goblin can one-shot him with his missiles (Though his more frequent weapon, the Pumpkin Bombs provides less use in arial combat than the rest of Tony's arsenal).

I wonder if the glider would suffer from the same icing problem that the Mark II faced
The gap between Iron Man and Green Goblin's missiles aren't that high enough to one shot, as it's only an 1.28 difference

Either then, can't Tony just simply shoot down those missiles?

Huh. I'm going with Green Goblin on this one for reasons above. Tony isn't even really a fighter in Iron Man 1.

Goblin FRA. Between higher skill, as well as his razor bats being homing with enough piercing to, in theory, just shred and puncture the armor (As well as being incredibly difficult to dodge, even spidey got grazed) he should take it. Not exactly easy though, Stark's targeting systems and ranged weaponry is more versatile and precise, if he plays long range he'd win but mid to CQC Goblin should take it.

Back