• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

10-C tournament. Round 1, match up number 4. Janus vs Grandpus

If Janus gets him with his poison, it will die fast, it only takes seconds to kill human sized targets.

He does not have much as far as movement goes though. He can potentially fly for a minute with insect metamorphosis to get wings, but if they are high up and the minute passes, he can possibly die from fall damage.

I would give it to Janus. He seems much better suited to combat. Grandpus' offensive capabilities in particular don't quite convince me.

If Janus gets him with his poison, it will die fast, it only takes seconds to kill human sized targets.

He does not have much as far as movement goes though. He can potentially fly for a minute with insect metamorphosis to get wings, but if they are high up and the minute passes, he can possibly die from fall damage.
I think both can't really die from a fall damage, at least because of their mass.
I would give it to Janus. He seems much better suited to combat. Grandpus' offensive capabilities in particular don't quite convince me.
Here's list of equipment grandpus can standartly use:
  • Hook
  • Magnet
  • Parachute
  • Welding
  • Jet pack
  • Sea equipment
  • Mop
  • Suction cups
  • Flashlight
  • Gas mask
  • Vacuum cleaner
  • Dust collector
  • Night vision goggles
  • Warm clothes
  • Headset
  • Burner
  • Anti-electric arc umbrella
  • Floor cleaner
  • Round chainsaw
  • Rope
  • Metal detector
  • Face shield
  • Vacuum cleaner with mercury absorption
  • Welding mask
  • Charge detection device
  • Lube
  • Corkscrew
  • Hairdryer
  • Drill
  • Mechanical arm
  • Pliers
  • Hammer
  • Screwdriver
  • Saw
  • Forceps
  • Crowbar
  • Wrench
  • Goggles
  • Airbag
  • Manipulator
  • Laser device
  • Rope
  • Swing
  • Trampoline
  • Sticks on rope
  • Packer device
  • Fresh glue
  • Soap gun
  • Sledgehammer
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Bandage
  • Medicine splint
  • Cable
  • Hose
  • Laser gun with wire
  • Defibrillator
  • Stethoscope
  • Two-end cable
  • Flower.

Janus outright nearly dies due to falling from tree-top height. Probably not going to die in a room, but he would get wounded.

And most of those items seem to be either useless or melee type of stuff, so yeah, Janus probably poisons him.

Here's list of equipment grandpus can standartly use:
  • Hook
  • Magnet
  • Parachute
  • Welding
  • Jet pack
  • Sea equipment
  • Mop
  • Suction cups
  • Flashlight
  • Gas mask
  • Vacuum cleaner
  • Dust collector
  • Night vision goggles
  • Warm clothes
  • Headset
  • Burner
  • Anti-electric arc umbrella
  • Floor cleaner
  • Round chainsaw
  • Rope
  • Metal detector
  • Face shield
  • Vacuum cleaner with mercury absorption
  • Welding mask
  • Charge detection device
  • Lube
  • Corkscrew
  • Hairdryer
  • Drill
  • Mechanical arm
  • Pliers
  • Hammer
  • Screwdriver
  • Saw
  • Forceps
  • Crowbar
  • Wrench
  • Goggles
  • Airbag
  • Manipulator
  • Laser device
  • Rope
  • Swing
  • Trampoline
  • Sticks on rope
  • Packer device
  • Fresh glue
  • Soap gun
  • Sledgehammer
  • Fire extinguisher
  • Bandage
  • Medicine splint
  • Cable
  • Hose
  • Laser gun with wire
  • Defibrillator
  • Stethoscope
  • Two-end cable
  • Flower.
That is listed on the profile as optional equipment. Since you didn't specify he had those, I assumed he didn't.

That is listed on the profile as optional equipment. Since you didn't specify he had those, I assumed he didn't.
I think I should be correct this.

It's all coming from Pack-o-Mat, which is his standard equipment.
Shortly saying he doesn't directly have it, but he can summon those things by thinking. A bit demonstration.

Ok, so which of those things is the in-character thing for him to go for?

Ok, so which of those things is the in-character thing for him to go for?
Basically any thing would be in character, just at first he needs to discover the Janus himself. As he wouldn't just rush into worm.
Simply put I guess it depends on what Janus would use first.

Well, Janus didn't have a proper fight as a leech, but he'd most likely roll up into a ball and roll towards him (a skill he has, it's faster than just sliding on the floor). Then, either bite and use blood sucking (and poisoning with it) or insect metamorphosis to grow a stinger (he did grow a hornet's stinger with neurotoxin capable of killing elderly and infants, so if that lands it would be pretty effective).

Though, if grandpus evades by flying he's probably grow wings instead.

Well naturally fixes doesn't have blood, and neither organic (I think I really should do a CRT about it later or maybe to try to find much more info on it if there is, since I guess there wouldn't be Ogurtsov who was responsible for Grandpus), as his profile says: "A fixie is a tiny creature, secretly living among humans and fixing their appliances. Before, fixies were born unnaturally: when human craftsmen invent something very well made, they leave a little piece of their soul into their own inventions. Those little pieces of soul turn into fixies, as a rule, with saving the diligence, appeareance, and character of their «creators». But as more and more appliances were getting made by machines and robots, fixies' hope on humans is almost gone, they have to create their families, raise and teach their children.[1] Thourghout the entire lifespan, fixies accumulate enormous knowledge, skills, and attainments, allowing them to fix machines much faster and more effective than humans."

I mean, that certainly doesn't mean he has no bodily fluids. He looks human, and they were originally born to look like the humans that they were created through.

True, they're even can be harmed(showing the fact that they're have nervous system).
Btw how much would be Janus's lifting strength.

He has no special feats, so as much as you'd expect a normal Leech to have. Should be able to hold himself hanging when he bites into something, at least.

Then I think grandpus should be able to hold a LS advantage. Basically Fixies can lift 100 times their own weight or just about 1 kg.

Well... can Janus get in melee range? If so, I probably vote him for his poison, and if they go into the air he is as maneuverable as a firefly.

Well... can Janus get in melee range? If so, I probably vote him for his poison, and if they go into the air he is as maneuverable as a firefly.
It's possible.
Grandpus with his LS can just also lift him and throw away and with good amount of gadgets are able to have advantages. Though how does Janus's poison hax works?

He can secrete poison from any point in his body, which is a really strong poison. If Grandpus uses his gadgets to batter him away, he'd be hard-pressed to win, but if he makes skin contact he likely wins.

A very dependant battle I should say...
As far as I can see, it's either Grandpus will try to discover Janus at first and then discovering how dangerous the worm can be, or starting to attack and getting poisoned.

Which is more in character move?

I should say... First.

Grandpus is more patient guy and when there's some kind of threat if it's not something extremely dangerous (like fire or some massive destructions), he like most of fixies, tries to firstly think and finding solution, and fixes more usually acting carefully at least to not be captured by humans.
So I guess it's more likely Grandpus would firstly discovering Janus instead of straightforward attack.

I guess if Grandpus outranges I vote for him as well.

Back