• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"1 megaverse in one hand" vs "2 megaverses in one hand"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that the Presence is simply an Low Hyperversal beng and The Living Tribunal is a Hypervsal being, gotta say TLT

The Living Tribunal explicitly only held forces sufficient to vaporise galaxies. I don't know how people logically arrived at holding two megaverses?

Also, DC is only a small 52 universes multiverse. That is hardly much of a creation comparatively speaking.

The fact that he was holding the Brothers Yin and Yang, who embody both the Marvel and DC multiverses (Or in this case, megaverses), if I do recall correctly.

Well, they were explicitly stated to have been retconned into only being powerful enough to vaporise galaxies, so the logic does not hold.

You say that as if comic fans care about retcons.

Besides, was that retcon before or after this feat?

It was in conjunction, and the handbook only stated that they were guardians of Marvel and DC, not embodiments.

That the handbooks stated that the Living Tribunal and the Spectre created them as an experiment, as far as I remember, and that the comicbook in question said that they were only powerful enough to vaporise galaxies.

Antvasima said:
The Living Tribunal explicitly only held forces sufficient to vaporise galaxies. I don't know how people logically arrived at holding two megaverses?
Also, DC is only a small 52 universes multiverse. That is hardly much of a creation comparatively speaking.
There are only 52 known universes. DCverse is a omniverse, it's been stated many times to have so.

No. DC has not been stated as an omniverse as far as I know.

In addition, this claim would technically not make any sense, as an omniverse was originally conceived as all of fiction and reality combined, not just DC. And as such, it would also be impossible to step outside of it.

Elsewhere in Lucifer a "creation" was simply considered as a multiverse when Michael performed one. That seems to be it.

Also, as TMR mentioned, they were only stated to be guardians of megaverses, not embodiments. In addition, Tom Brevoort has been dismissive of the "megaverse" term in his Tumblr question and answer sessions, stating that it is a made up term, and the profile texts of the handbooks are written by Marvel interns, whereas the statistics are written by him, so given that this contradicts their portrayal as galaxy-busters within the above comic scan in question, I sincerely doubt that it is reliable.

In the New 52 it's been stated in the New 52 comics that they are in an omniverse. While the writers likely don't know the full extent of what an omniverse likely is, DC doesn't have a real omniverse. All I'm saying is that it has been stated there is

Omniverse statement

Well, that story happened long after the one within the Lucifer comicbook, so the two story continuities do not blend particularly well.

Also, again, an omniverse was originally defined as all of fiction and reality, so it is uncertain what they mean here. If all of DC went "poof", the rest of fiction and reality would still be fine.

Well, if you're holding creation does that not mean that you are beyond dimensions, because dimensions are part of creation?

No, usually it only means that you are beyond the 5, 11, 26, or othervise, dimensions of the multiverse that you are holding. In order to be 1-A a character must have been stated or proven to be beyond all dimensions of space and time altogether.

Pretty much what Ant said. For instance, by modern String Theory, our hypothetical multiverse is 11-D, which would be all of "creation". Therefore, a 12-D being would be beyond "creation". If a fictional multiverse was say...26-D, a character would "only" have to be 27-D to be beyond "creation".

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Pretty much what Ant said. For instance, by modern String Theory, our hypothetical multiverse is 11-D, which would be all of "creation". Therefore, a 12-D being would be beyond "creation". If a fictional multiverse was say...26-D, a character would "only" have to be 27-D to be beyond "creation".
So much this.

Living tribunal and the presence were hyperversal, thought robot was weaker than prime 1000000 and there were barely any outerversal profiles on the wiki. These were strange times... Oh yeah and this is a necro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back