• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

1-A Godsphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

you're welcome, but it's a very "main character will always win" like statement, it's more like "the plot would allow it to happen" than "sentry>beyonder"

I have disabled Twitter and cannot see if it is the same tweet as I was shown a screencapture of, but in the one I remember, Jenkins said that The Sentry can beat anybody, including the Beyonder, due to being written to potentially be a god.

It's a slightly different one, but same premise. Albeit in a another tweet he explicitly mentions that these are fun tweets and not to be taken seriously

I have disabled Twitter and cannot see if it is the same tweet as I was shown a screencapture of, but in the one I remember, Jenkins said that The Sentry can beat anybody, including the Beyonder, due to being written to potentially be a god.
Screenshot-2.png

there's also the "become" so yeah...

I already responded to the same style of argument two times. Just because he traversed to one location using coordinates doesn’t mean he’s limited to only traversing through space and time. As shown already with the Source Wall example.
Not to mention the last scan is saying back to his universe, universe means a totality of space.
Universe in this context literally means “a particular sphere of activity, interest, or experience.”
The Source wall exists in the dimensional levels of DC.
The Source Wall encompasses all dimensions while consistently existing outside of time and space. As shown in the scan of Metron traversing there.

Beyond time and space is Low 1-C being above every possible extension of it is 1-A, so simply saying it's beyond time and space wouldn't contradict that the Mobius chair can only travel through dimensions of space. They can be beyond time and space but still be bound by higher extensions of it, like how Low 1-Cs are...well not 1-A despite them transcending time and space
Which is supported in my scans. They’re beyond any measure of time and space and transcend the Orrery of Worlds which is defined the entirety of time and space.
"that doesn’t mean Darkseids omega beams also don’t have the ability to reach places beyond time and space" you have 0 evidence it can send to places beyond time and space. And this scan is just to prove the realm isn't above all extensions of time and space.

Also it is only stated that they teleport through time and space.

Your link quite literally says "a dimension outside of space and time. Which goes against the notion that they're above every dimension in the verse which is the main argument for 1-A godsphere
They sent Lex to Apokolips which is beyond time and space. Also that isn’t the argument. I simply stated that it’s beyond the dual system created by the Lords of Order and Chaos that upholds and encompasses time and space.

Last edited:
Also, Paul Jenkins opinions about the power level of marvel characters has nothing to do with his ability to clarify things about DC’s cosmology.

Last edited:
They’re beyond any measure of time and space and transcend the Orrery of Worlds which is defined the entirety of time and space
I thought this statement was referring to the source wall?
Orrery of Worlds which is defined the entirety of time and space
This isn't how the Orrery has been explained.
Also, Paul Jenkins opinions about the power level of marvel characters has nothing to do with his ability to clarify things about DC.
This is true especially asking writers vs battle is basically daft as even Stan Lee talked about this.

I thought this statement was referring to the source wall?
I’m talking about the one referring to New Genesis. It’s the seventh scan in my post.
This isn't how the Orrery has been explained.
It can be equated as such via Wonderworld(which orbits the Orrery and is beneath sphere of gods) said to orbiting at the limits of space and time.

This is true especially asking writers vs battle is basically daft as even Stan Lee talked about this.
Agreed.

Last edited:
Really? That is news to me. I thought that we have rules against scaling characters from merely being present in a certain degree of reality.

Can you clarify please, @Ultima_Reality and @DontTalkDT ?
It depends a lot on the context. Simply being present means nothing, especially if we are talking about things like higher-dimensional spaces.

However, for things like reality-fiction differences where a lower level of reality is just some random book, being able to function as a normal human that is able to do normal stuff like lift books, on that higher plane, can be a feat that allows scaling. If that is the case some other being bringing you to that plane can also be seen as power boost.

Don't know the verse and stuff, so I can't say what is the case here.

It also says the sphere of gods is beyond the concept of space and time and any measure of space and time. It also transcends bleed and orrery of worlds which are stated to be pandimensional.

Also states that skyland is a place that transcends and Olympus is beyond the bounds of space and time

Last edited:
I do not know how to trace the duality is quite vague the statement that they are higher dimensions is vague by itself we do not even know if the statement is a true difference reality fiction and worse than being a statement twiter I think we should call efficient or deagonex

I’m talking about the one referring to New Genesis. It’s the seventh scan in my post.
Seen, This is why I said sphere of gods can be low 1C while the realms in it can be higher. Tho this can be seen as outlier based on how the forum runs things.

It can be equated as such via Wonderworld(which orbits the Orrery and is beneath sphere of gods) said to orbiting at the limits of space and time.
Isn't wonderworld above the Orrery which Contains the 5D bleed-space?

It depends a lot on the context. Simply being present means nothing, especially if we are talking about things like higher-dimensional spaces.

However, for things like reality-fiction differences where a lower level of reality is just some random book, being able to function as a normal human that is able to do normal stuff like lift books, on that higher plane, can be a feat that allows scaling. If that is the case some other being bringing you to that plane can also be seen as power boost.

Don't know the verse and stuff, so I can't say what is the case here.
Okay. That is as I thought then. Thank you.

Anyway, you seem to be mixing up several different cosmologies from several different writers.

I still think that I should close this thread. It is not going to be accepted.

If you close this thread now without being done more members are gonna keep doing so unless you guys address it in a good way.

We can't just say ain't gonna get accepted then proceeds to lock the thread then done again by another member after seeing this one wasn't perfectly addressed.

The issue is that from what I recall, this has been addressed extensively previously, and none of our most knowledgeable members seem to either be available or interested in this topic anymore. As such, you can argue all that you want about this, but it will still not be accepted. My apologies.

They are not compatible with each other. We will take that up in an upcoming revision.

The issue is that from what I recall, this has been addressed extensively previously, and none of our most knowledgeable members seem to either be available or interested in this topic anymore. As such, you can argue all that you want about this, but it will still not be accepted. My apologies.
So we just keep on seeing the same thread time and time again due to knowledgeable members aren't available or interested again?

Besides I'm sure deagonx would be interested in this thread. Afterall it's normally a deagonx vs xearsay stuff on a norms. Besides firestorm or ultima would give their inputs when available .

Didn't I already send a notification to Deagonx and others with no response? I suppose that we can wait for a while longer though.

Also, Paul Jenkins opinions about the power level of marvel characters has nothing to do with his ability to clarify things about DC’s cosmology.
It doesn't change the fact that the scan is too vague and can't be used, if there are other scans from the comic that supports this then it can be used

It doesn't change the fact that the scan is too vague and can't be used, if there are other scans from the comic that supports this then it can be used
What makes you think the scan is too vague? Also keep in mind that even if you reject there being innumerable higher dimensions, it wouldn’t alter any of the scaling for the Godsphere.

Not so knowledgeable on the cosmology on DC which is why I didn't say anything but if Ant was correct in the scans being from different cosmologies of other writers then yeah, it wouldn't work due to writers sometimes ignoring previous hierarchies and making new ones up as well as changing them over time due to things like retcons and stuff.

Don't know about that, if there aren't there aren't if there are there are. I'm not interested enough in DC or knowledgeable in cosmologies for this discussion anyway. I'll remain neutral until others point out more stuff.

Not so knowledgeable on the cosmology on DC which is why I didn't say anything but if Ant was correct in the scans being from different cosmologies of other writers then yeah, it wouldn't work due to writers sometimes ignoring previous hierarchies and making new ones up as well as changing them over time due to things like retcons and stuff.
Just because writers have the potential to ignore each other when establishing things about the cosmology doesn’t mean we should assume all their work is automatically incompatible with one another.

I already responded to the same style of argument two times. Just because he traversed to one location using coordinates doesn’t mean he’s limited to only traversing through space and time. As shown already with the Source Wall example.
You aren't understanding at all. He uses dimensional portals to reach the realm of the anti-life entity and to go back to New Genesis. How is he having to insert coordinates to travel not mean the traveling is limited by space. Coordinates are literally points in space

In principle, I'd be fine with the Godsphere being Low 1-A or 1-A if it was defined as something fundamentally superior to a hierarchy of higher-dimensional spaces, instead of just something that could be construed as another layer added ontop of it, which you can certainly argue if you want to say the higher dimensions described by Rama Kushna are all contained inside the Bleed. I don't think I agree, though, considering we have instances like the Nil being described as a higher dimension and Darkseid shooting Orion using a higher-dimensional gun, or Hypertime, which is supposed to be a 3-dimensional analogue of time, being stated to extend beyond realms of the Sphere of the Gods like New Genesis and Apocolyps

Of course, you have things like the Monitor Sphere existing as an archetypal world of the unmanifest, Limbo being the "nowhere" that is left after people "run out of multiverse," and so on, but, given the above, we can probably chalk that up to the writers meshing higher dimensions with more esoteric concepts that, logically speaking, would have to be beyond them anyway. Not much to do here, in this case.

The first scan you used also mentions duality being birthed out of "oneness," which would just be the Overvoid, if we are to try and fit this into the current cosmology, given how Morrison often describes it as the non-dual expanse where all concepts break down and whatnot, and as something more or less equal to the concept of an all-encompassing, panentheistic "God."

Last edited:
In principle, I'd be fine with the Godsphere being Low 1-A or 1-A if it was defined as something fundamentally superior to a hierarchy of higher-dimensional spaces, instead of just something that could be construed as another layer added ontop of it, which you can certainly argue if you want to say the higher dimensions described by Rama Kushna are all contained inside the Bleed. I don't think I agree, though, considering we have instances like the Nil being described as a higher dimension and Darkseid shooting Orion using a higher-dimensional gun, or Hypertime, which is supposed to be a 3-dimensional analogue of time, being stated to extend beyond realms of the Sphere of the Gods like New Genesis and Apocolyps

Of course, you have things like the Monitor Sphere existing as an archetypal world of the unmanifest, Nil being the "nowhere" that is left after people "run out of multiverse," and so on, but, given the above, we can probably chalk that up to the writers meshing higher dimensions with more esoteric concepts that, logically speaking, would have to be beyond them anyway. Not much to do here, in this case.

The first scan you used also mentions duality being birthed out of "oneness," which would just be the Overvoid, if we are to try and fit this into the current cosmology, given how Morrison often describes it as the non-dual expanse where all concepts break down and whatnot, and as something more or less equal to the concept of an all-encompassing, panentheistic "God."
Agreed, but there's also a scan where CAS states that time and space increases or something like that, I'll pull it up.

Here, it says that time, space, and even scale itself were different and more profound. Wouldn't make much sense for a character to be at a more "profound" level of time and space and beyond all extentions of it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back