• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(0 DP - 0 BH - 7 TM) Because Ben Singer asks me to do this: Deadpool vs The Mask

Catman1132000 said:
I say mask wins. This is due to his insane reality warping powers. He has a lot of the same powers as DP in the form of 4th wall awareness and breaking, Teleport, regen, hammerspace(albeit to a greater degree than DP), and various types of elemental manipulation, but I think he can take it due to his weirder powers. He has a high degree of reality warping, true hammerspace, toon physics and toon force, and the one that I believe will win it, transmutation. DP has a sword that negates regen, but it may as well be cardboard to Mask due to his transmute, plus, Mask has had his head removed before, and didn't need his regen to fix it. DP may have a frankly stupid healing factor, but Mask's transmute and toon powers give him the upper hand in my opinion. Mask wins is my vote.
You might need to provide evidence in this newer thread they are doing:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3678317#203

The crew decided to adopt the crossover comics feat and the animation feats as well.

While our profile picked is one strictly bound by original comics feats.

Do we assume that Deadpool has that carbonadium sword of his? Because if he does, that actually gives the Mask a way to kill him.

No, seriously, Even if Big-Head doesn't just yank the sword right out of his hands (which he could do, thanks to the Lifting Strength difference), stabbing him with it does nothing, while Big-Head can simply manifest his own afterwards.

And don't act like he can't do that, either. Something like the carbonadium sword is hardly difficult for someone with The Mask's ex-nihilo powers to make his own a copy of, especially if he gets stabbed with it and feels the effects. And how much they don't work on him. The entity summoned a giant monster truck, a bottomless cup of coffee, Bugs Bunny's giant magnet, and a flying broomstick all within the same story, and every comic in the series hammers home that wearers can materialize whatever they can imagine.

Of course, it doesn't matter if DP doesn't have the sword to begin with, but still. If he does, it's actually very possible for him to lose, even with everything that's on his page right now.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Do we assume that Deadpool has that carbonadium sword of his? Because if he does, that actually gives the Mask a way to kill him.
No, seriously, Even if Big-Head doesn't just yank the sword right out of his hands (which he could do, thanks to the Lifting Strength difference), stabbing him with it does nothing, while Big-Head can simply manifest his own afterwards.

And don't act like he can't do that, either. Something like the carbonadium sword is hardly difficult for someone with The Mask's ex-nihilo powers to make his own a copy of, especially if he gets stabbed with it and feels the effects. And how much they don't work on him. The entity summoned a giant monster truck, a bottomless cup of coffee, Bugs Bunny's giant magnet, and a flying broomstick all within the same story, and every comic in the series hammers home that wearers can materialize whatever they can imagine.

Of course, it doesn't matter if DP doesn't have the sword to begin with, but still. If he does, it's actually very possible for him to lose, even with everything that's on his page right now.
the only deadpool who had a carbanatium sword was dreadpool

Armorchompy said:
Christian Higdon said:
From what I've heard, DP's Mid-High takes a bit. Is this right?
Sometimes, it's really inconsistent, sometimes it's instant, sometimes takes days
This isn't correct and all the votes should be disqualified.

I have removed the match up for the reasons said above, also the carbondium sword is by no means something Deadpool has in his Standard Equipment, not even his Optional Equipment, it was used by Dreadpool due to prep time. And his regen taking time is a well known weakness of his, it's in his profile and Matt pointed that out in the blog he had back when Deadpool was tier 8. Did none of the voters here seriously couldn't figure something suspicious about DP's Mid-High regen being instant?

Eficiente said:
I have removed the match up for the reasons said above, also the carbondium sword is by no means something Deadpool has in his Standard Equipment, not even his Optional Equipment, it was used by Dreadpool due to prep time. And his regen taking time is a well known weakness of his, it's in his profile and Matt pointed that out in the blog he had back when Deadpool was tier 8. Did none of the voters here seriously couldn't figure something suspicious about DP's Mid-High regen being instant?
> carbondium sword isn't going to do much against the mask

The above people never even mention the term "carbonadium sword" throughout the verdicts.

> Did none of the voters here seriously couldn't figure something suspicious about DP's Mid-High regen being instant?

Sometimes, it's really inconsistent, sometimes it's instant, sometimes takes days

So we all know how inconsistent DP's regen is.

So... the result stays as it is until revisions are made.

Some of the much more impressive The Mask feats come from the animation and the crossover comics... we have one The Mask revamp thread so we can sort out which feats apply to which character at which verse and which key phase perhaps?

I never said that the carbondium sword was part of the reasons for this being inconclusive.

Did you even saw the "reasons said above" I mentioned? That comment in particular was the one wrong. DP's regen isn't inconsistent and he has no Mid-High feats that are instant, nor anything like that. Is everything clear now?

>DP's regen is not inconsistent

Got your point.

Anyway we are revamping different Mask users in The Mask revamp thread so would you like to sit in?

I think the other problem with Deadpool having Mid-High (without any notes attached) is that his pieces often need to be attached to each other in order for him to heal damage quickly, and it's a pretty common and viable tactic to just sever his head or some other piece from his body and keep it separated from the rest. I believe there's even an instance where he tells someone to take his head back to his body so it can reattach and heal in short order.

You'll notice in the scan of him renerating from ash that all of his ashes were still touching one another. There is pretty much zero proof that he would have regenerated within anything resembling a reasonable timeframe if they weren't.

Jasonsith said:
>DP's regen is not inconsistent
Got your point.
Do you TRULY Disagree with our buddy Dead Pool being downgraded to 9-A? Sure i admit D.P's Regen is fairly varying... But... He clearly has shown to have surpisingly consistent Multi City Block destruction sustaining based feats EVEN Death battle sort of SHOW CASED THIS!! I have read my own fair share of D-P and I'm very well certain that he's seemingly a lot superior to characters like kingpin and daredevil or at least 9-A in general AP or Dura.

Do you TRULY Disagree with our buddy Dead Pool being downgraded to 9-A? Sure i admit D.P's Regen is fairly varying... But... He clearly has shown to have surpisingly consistent Multi City Block destruction sustaining based feats EVEN Death battle sort of SHOW CASED THIS!! I have read my own fair share of D-P and I'm very well certain that he's seemingly a lot superior to characters like kingpin and daredevil or at least 9-A in general AP or Dura.

Ask Ant. He is the leading man behind the Marvel downgrade series.

Back