• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Who wins? Who wins by having a better character arc? XD. But seriously, this is only a comparison of story arcs.

Zuko, cause we actually get to see more of that development. I also find it more believable.

Would probably rank Black about the same as Azula. Though I prefer her mental breakdown by a smidge.

Vegeta. The transition of a pure evil villain to a "kind-hearted" and more "friendly" family man was something I loved. Zuko was..okay I guess. Plus Vegeta's sacrifice was VERY emotional at the time.

Mwahaha! This is all just an excuse to vote on my own thread without breaking the rules! Zuko' character development stomps by having more emotion than just pride! Mwahaha!

The real cal howard said:
Mwahaha! This is all just an excuse to vote on my own thread without breaking the rules! Zuko' character development stomps by having more emotion than just pride! Mwahaha!
-More emotion than a man literally seeing his son die in front of him. Getting incapacitated for trying to avenge said son. Discarding everything to sacrifice himself to save not only the universe but his wife, son and rival. Got so pissed that he threw caution to the wind and attacked the GOD OF DESTRUCTION who slapped his wife.

-More emotion than a man literally seeing his son die in front of him. Getting incapacitated for trying to avenge said son. Discarding everything to sacrifice himself to save not only the universe but his wife, son and rival. Got so pissed that he threw caution to the wind and attacked the GOD OF DESTRUCTION who slapped his wife.

that's it

Pfft. I can top that, Dragon. Unfortunately I am on my phone so it will take waaay too long.

ovo

Vegeta wins by the sheer fact hes had more of it. Both started evil and gradually became more "domestic" but thats where it stops because when Zuko turned good he stayed that way, Vegeta on the other hand gladly gave up his family and home planet just to get 1 more chance at fighting Goku and it wasnt until the last chapters of the Buu saga that he truly became a good person.

Plus the maine trauma Zuko started out the way he did was because of Ozai and Vegeta had an arguably worse version of him, Frieza.

Zuko, without a shadow of a doubt. His transition made a lot more sense and was a lot more believable. People prior summed it up much better than I can.

Zukos arc by far, Vegeta's arc is pretty cool and his transition is nice to say the least. But Zukos was just far more compelling imo, coupled with the fact that we basically got a close up on his character with a gradual and natural change it's basically a masterpiece. And Iroh in his corner just gives him bonus points.

Vegeta's change was definitely more extreme. Though I don't think this necessarily makes it better or worse. Even though Zuko's character arc and relationship with Iroh was probably my favorite thing about Avatar and I can see why you'd pick him over Vegeta, I'm kinda biased towards Vegeta tbh so to me it's probably a tie. Vegeta's change did make sense to me, more so than Piccolo's or Tien's. Like RadicalMrR said Vegeta didn't really become "good" until the very end of the original manga and for it to happen he had to be continuously humiliated and have his pride wounded, humble himself before people he loathed, gain a family, see his son die, losing his chance of defeating Goku (End of Cell games saga) thus losing his primary purpose in life, die twice himself and then finally realizing he doesn't need to be defined by his own strength and accept that Goku is better than him. Keep in mind this was over the course of more than 10 years while Zuko's development spanned about one year.

RadicalMrR said:
Vegeta wins by the sheer fact hes had more of it. Both started evil and gradually became more "domestic" but thats where it stops because when Zuko turned good he stayed that way, Vegeta on the other hand gladly gave up his family and home planet just to get 1 more chance at fighting Goku and it wasnt until the last chapters of the Buu saga that he truly became a good person.
Plus the maine trauma Zuko started out the way he did was because of Ozai and Vegeta had an arguably worse version of him, Frieza.
Uhh...no. He didn't turn good and stayed that way. Have you watched The Crossroads of Destiny? Zuko betrayed them all just to get his honor back.

Vegeta is my favourite in Dragonball, but Zuko(my favourite from the Avatarverse) wins this comfortably.

Azula roflstomps Black + Zamasu in the bonus round.

Back