• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeromus additions: Regen or Resurrection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much input do you think we'd need for this? I mean, its pretty straightforward.

Looking solid enough, though I'd mention what Sap directly falls into instead of the general category of Status Effects. Kinda like: "Life Manipulation (via Tornado which bring enemies to the brink of death and the Sap status which gradually robs them of their life force)" or something along those lines. Just an idea, though.

Idk, it could work out. I just thought that since Sap is a secondary effect of Bio, it'd be different than Life Manipulation. Its basically a poison that debilitates the enemy.

Bio is sometimes referred as "Virus". And yes, I know that Poison and Sap are different in IV.

I think that's just a translation thing, it's still called Bio in the japanese version and I think later releases. However, IV does make Poison (the ability) and Bio different spells, unlike most entries where Bio is the spell that inflicts poison.

So, just to be clear: I agree with mentioning it's status effect inducement, just was suggesting it may be good to mention which status exactly it's caused by Big Bang (even better if said status can be linked to an existing ability in the site).

Okay! Sure. Im on my mobile right now, so if anybody else can do the additions, I'd be cool with it.

Okay, sorry, but it turns out Zeromus' Malice can use Bio. So... Everything is cool.

New addition!!! Regen!

Oh. He already has resurrection. So... Was it resurrection or regen?

Alrighty, added the new abilities except for the Regen. I think we should wait for input on that as well before adding it, just in case.

I linked both scenes in the OP, so its up to the rest to decide if it was regen or resurrection.

But I think that he didnt really die (his whole speech about coming back as long as there was darkness in the hearts of humans...).

Could it be Reliant Immortality as well? In that case he could have died and just came back or hung in there thanks to this. For example (given in the Ability Page) Lucemon cannot die so long as malice exists in the hearts of others.

EDIT: Zeromus already has Resurrection in his abilities, it was there before I made the edits. Where does it come from? I forgot, played IV years ago.

He already has Type 8 immortality.

But even then, he did recreate a body, which is a regen feat, isnt it?

@Tarta Resurrection most likely comes from this very same feat. He came back after being "killed".

Ah, my bad. Got you now.

Immortality then does not mean the character can recover from damage, right? Meaning, an immortal can survive but it would still remain heavily injured. If they survive and return to top shape it would be because they also have Regenerationn, right?

If Zeromus was only immortal, defeating his body would be enough to stop him for good since the guy cant recover from that even if its still alive. But... Zeromus Malice is a thing.

I see what you mean, but from what I get he'd still be alive but he wouldn't be in shape to fight. The fact Zeromus' Malice could come around to properly fight FuSoYa and Golbez does display a recovery that can be easily tied to Regenerationn.

We may need a few contextual details to finish establishing the case. Such as more background on Zeromus' Malice. For example: why did it take Zeromus years to come back? Is the Regenerationn slow working (kinda like non-Triforce Ganondorf's) or was he sealed and spent that way most of that time (meaning his regen is considerably faster)?

Oh.

Events:

FF IV: Zeromus is defeated (video) --> He is sealed in the moon.

FF IV Interlude: nothing noteworthy.

FF IV: The After Years (17 years after FF IV): the Crystals that kept him sealed are destroyed and few seconds afterwards Zeromus Malice is back.

Zeromus was defeated and sealed in FF IV, only to be freed in The After Years when the crystals are broken.

Bump.

My issue with low or mid godly comes from the fact that Zeromus is basically hatred incarnate, thus Im not sure if he qualifies for Low or Mid.

Hmm, he seems more Low-Godly to me. I may be missing details, but nothing really openly indicates the party destroyed him completely mind, body, soul. Zeromus does rant about how his hatred won't stop and all, but could it also be a figure of speech? I mean, he could have mean something like: he won't be kept down, his hatred will keep driving him forward. I mean, it could also be Zemus' spirit driven by his own hatred and feeding on evil to sustain itself (IIRC Zemus does menton something about how the body dies, but the spirit lives on, which would tie with his existance as Zeromus).

Then again, it could be taken Zemus' body was destroyed, unleashing Zeromus, Zemus' spirit driven by his hatred but Cecil and co. defeated Zeromus while not really destroying him, hence why he mentioned he can't die so long as there is darkness and why he was sealed in the moon. But this would be his immortality preventing him from being destroyed rather than regen, wouldn't it?

Well, with Matt and Dragon agreeing. It may be safe to change it.

Resurrection ---> Regenerationn (Low-godly)

Okay, done. Linked to the game events to explain a bit why he has the immortality and Regenerationn.

Tell me if the explanations work or if you'd correct them.

EDIT: Sorry, had deleted an important part by accident. I fixed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back