• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
one question: does Zeno's destruction ability counts as "targeting"? If so, then I don't think it's that easy for him to one-shot Zarc....Win, most likely....one-shot, probably not, depending on what answer I'm given here

Yobobojojo said:
He usually uses it as a targeted erasure, yes
I see, then depending on how the targeting work, I don't think he can just outright defeat Zarc in one go. If we were to go with TCG version, Zarc can't be targeted or destroyed by enemy effects / abilities whatsoever unless his powers are negated beforehand.

If we were to go with anime version, Zeno would have to do something about the protection from Zarc due to the Pendulum, Synchro, Fusion, and/or Xyz Monsters in the GY, which I'm pretty sure Zarc would dump in beforehand knowing the situation and conditions for his indestructibility to work.

I'm by no means trying to defend Zarc...I'm just saying that Zeno probably won't just one-shot the big dragon that easy. If we're gonna talk about him targeting the human avatar of Zarc, that's a difficult call, because Zarc becomes one with his dragon avatar once he invokes it. Also, if Zarc's Special Summon effect to destroy all monsters/cards is taken into consideration here as well, then Zeno will have difficulties here, too, though not at all impossible for him to overcome.

By all means, I still do think Zeno could most definitely beat Zarc, like I said before....but I also think it's likely not gonna be an outright victory like most people would think it'd be (especially DB fans), much less an OHKO easy-peasy win.

Yobobojojo said:
IIRC, Anime Zarc is immune to banishment, which is existence erasure and/or BfR in ARC-V
yes, that immunity is based upon whether or not there are monsters in the grave, specifically Pendulum, Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters....basically, as long as it's there, Zarc is immune to effects that would erase him from the field. So unless Zeno has something like a reliable Reality or Conceptual Manipulation effect or something that can deal with moving or manipulating the "souls" of the monsters in the Graveyard, I doubt he wins easily.

Yobobojojo said:
He could, but he would have to erase the multiverse
Exactly, which is why I said earlier about it not being an easy win, and it's not like Zarc is gonna just let him do it that easily, either. Also, the Supreme King versions of the Dimension Dragons, should they be taken into account, are themselves immune to monster effects that involve erasure from Zarc's side of the field....if Zeno's abilities counts as monster effects, then for the aforementioned individual, that's even more trouble...plus the anime versions of those dragons can "retreat" to the Extra Deck and Special Summon up to 2 smaller Supreme King Servant Dragons and drop the opposing monsters' ATK to zilch, which is actually even more trouble for Zeno (granted if the Dimension Dragons are allowed to be used to fight, too, as they're technically part of Zarc as well).

Yobobojojo said:
Verse Equalization makes Zeno a monster
ahh okay thanks for clarifying.

Then yea, Zeno will definitely have quite a bit of complications in the matchup, then.

I don't want to feel biased, but that's why I'm trying to take these into account as much as possible, because I felt like there's too many members backing up Zeno and not enough trying to answer regarding Zarc's side, so for me, the votes felt one-sided before the actual voting started, anyway.

I still do think Zeno can definitely win, but I'm also saying there's a viable chance of Zarc winning, too, based on the additional details I'm trying to give here.

Back