• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zen'ō VS The Traveler (Star Trek)

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Zen'o erases

The Traveler has space and time manipulation on a universal scale, as well as higher-dimensional manip, top-tier reality warping which could literally think Zen'o out of existence, information manip on a universal level and the ability to affect biology and the mind on an equally fundamental level. Also, nothing's stopping him from simply stopping, or stepping outside of time across the universe entirely (As Wesley Crusher did, someone with the same abilities as the Traveler but to a far weaker scale) and sending Zen'o through a portal into another dimension, or phasing out of existence entirely to avoid the erasure. (I'm a pretty big Trek and a DB fan both, so my word is pretty reliable here)

Does The Traveler start using his hax in character? I've never seen even one episode of Star Trek in my life, some help here, plz?

His hax is very key to his character, so the second he noticed Zen'o was a threat or going to use energy or something of the like he would likely step out of or stop time entirely. His higher intelligence as well as his mental abilities would also likely clue him into Zen'o's actions, as there's no reason to assume the latter could resist his mental hax, which goes far beyond universal in scale.

How, when he can literally stop or step out of time itself? Zen'o's erasure is never shown to be absolutely instaneous, and given them being in an equal scenario, if the Traveler knows Zen'o has the intent to destroy, (which he would due to advanced mental manipulation) I doubt he would allow that to happen.

The second Zen'o puts his hands up for the erasure technique, he would step out of time, though. Additionally, if both are in a survival scenario, I doubt The Traveler would even let time occur.

The second Zen'o puts his hands up for the erasure technique, he would step out of time, though.

Scans of him doing this without knowing the opponent is going to erase?

(which he would due to advanced mental manipulation)

Has nothing to do with Precog or Clairvoyance.

He has Cosmic Awareness, though, which is the highest degree of Enhanced Senses possible. Not to mention that he has absolute control over space and time with merely his thoughts alone, as well as literally top-end Reality Warping. Zen'o had to massively charge up to defeat a being like the incorporeal Zamasu, and the Traveler is far superior to Zamasu, being able to collapse entire universes within seconds.

Instananeous telepathy would imply the same thing, though. As I said, with a high degree of mental hax, and being able to sense the abilities of Zen'o from his first appearance (they both have intent to kill), I don't see why the Traveler wouldn't be able to directly ascertain his intentions, since Zen'o doesn't have any concrete resistance to mind hax, and extremely powerful mind hax at that.

Instananeous telepathy would imply the same thing, though.

Instantaneous telepathy has nothing to do with either Precognition or Clairvoyance, and he probably won't feel like reading the mind of a child-like opponent before he gets erased.

It's basically where your senses are enhanced to a cosmic capacity. In the Traveler's case, this would likely extended into parallel timelines, alternate universes, and other dimensions as well.

@Kep

I don't see why he wouldn't. He may not necessarily be implied to be able to sense the future, but I have no doubt that he would instantly sense that Zen'o is a threat. He doesn't have human ideas about what is/is not absurd; he was willing to take the form of a human in order to train Wesley Crusher to become like him (who was also a child)

Because he can sense potential in beings from the get-go. He knew Wesley Crusher was going to be like him from the moment they met, and Wesley was only a child at the time himself (A young teenager, but still)

If he can sense the power of a being which has latent abilities comparable to his own (Traveler can make/destroy parallel universes, as well as all the hax listed above) I don't see why he wouldn't be able to sense Zen'o's power.

If he could sense Zen'o's power and both were in a battle situation, why wouldn't the Traveler start with stepping out of time?

Also, this heavily implies that he, in fact, would have clairvoyance.

@Aeyu can he use that clairvoyance in combat? If not then the clairvoyance isn't going to be much help against someone who erases right off the bat.

@Glass

I don't see why he wouldn't be able to. If he can instantly pick up and sense the thoughts and futures of different beings, and can control matter, space, energy and time with his thoughts, it's like I said above. He would sense Zen'o and probably immediately step out of time. There's literally no reason to assume he wouldn't, as Wesley, who was much weaker than him but comparable, was able to do the same thing instantaneously when a battle broke out.

Furthermore, this solidifies his clairvoyance and precog:

Lakanta is a form that the Traveler took to get Wesley to lower his guard and discover his own powers.

[Habak]

(entered by a ladder through a hole in the floor)
LAKANTA: This is the Habak, the focal point of our lives. Strangers are not welcome here.
WESLEY: When I asked to come here, you said it would be
LAKANTA: You're not a stranger. I told you, I've seen you here before.
WESLEY: What are those figures?
LAKANTA: They are Mansara. Dolls that represent the different spirits that come to this place.
WESLEY: This one looks like a Klingon.
LAKANTA: Yes. Our culture is rooted in the past, but it's not limited to the past.
(He scatters sand around the fire)
LAKANTA: The spirits of the Klingon, the Vulcan, the Ferengi come to us just as the bear and the coyote and the parrot. There's no difference.
WESLEY: What should I do?
LAKANTA: Start the fire. Then sit and wait.
WESLEY: What am I waiting for?
LAKANTA: This is your journey, Wesley. I can open the door, but only you can go through it.

Later, Wesley's dead father communicates to him after the Traveler "opens the door," for him:

[Wesley's quarters]

(Wesley is packing his bag)
CRUSHER: Why are you doing this?
WESLEY: I told you, Starfleet isn't for me.
CRUSHER: Look, I may not be able to stop you from throwing away your entire life, but you are going to stand here and explain it to me first. You owe me that much.
WESLEY: I saw Dad today. He told me not to follow him.
CRUSHER: You what?
WESLEY: I was participating in an Indian ritual and I had a vision. Dad came to me and told me not to follow him. He said I had to find my own path.
CRUSHER: Is that what this is all about? A vision told you to leave the Academy and now you're packing your bags?
WESLEY: No. No, it's more than that. I've known I've needed to do this for a long time. I just haven't been able to admit it to myself.
CRUSHER: But you always said that being at the Academy was the best thing that ever happened to you.
WESLEY: I know. For a while it was. But as time went on and graduation got closer, I started feeling really depressed. I thought maybe it was the workload or the stress of being away from home, but it didn't go away. It just got worse.
CRUSHER: Why didn't you ever say anything?
WESLEY: I didn't want to disappoint you or Captain Picard or my friends. You guys were all so proud of me.
CRUSHER: I'd be proud of you no matter what you were doing, Wesley. I love you.
WESLEY: I know, Mom. I guess the truth is that I was afraid of disappointing myself. I never questioned the fact that I'd be in Starfleet. But when Dad said not to follow him, it just made so much sense. Everything is so clear now.
CRUSHER: Maybe it is partly my fault. We didn't realised the kind of pressure we were putting on you to be exactly what we expected you to be
WESLEY: I don't blame you at all. It is my decision. It always has been.
CRUSHER: You know that alien from Tau Ceti, the one who could control warp fields with his mind?
WESLEY: The Traveller.
CRUSHER: He told Captain Picard a long time ago that you were very special, like Mozart, and that you were destined for something quite different from the rest of us. Maybe this is the first step. I love you.
WESLEY: I love you too, Mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back