• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zen'nō Wars Discussion Thread

Sera_EX

She Who Dabbles in Fiction
VS Battles
Retired
Verse discussion thread for the Zen'no Wars.

The Zen'nō Wars (þÑ×Õ║ºÕñºµêª) is a collection of dark fantasy original stories developed by VenomElite and Sera Loveheart, all of which share a grand setting. It started off as a series of fanfiction in 2007. Because of its complexity, background material will be expanded in character profiles, side material, blogs, etc. There is a tremendously expansive lore and backstory behind the series. These stories have completely different histories (as the Multiverse is constantly reshaped by these events), but are linked by the common concept of the battle for the Holy Grail, rewriting multiversal history, human history and the center of the universe which is the Archive of all potential events and possibilities.

Just ask away any questions you may have here (instead of leaving messages on our walls).

Oh, you went ahead and made a thread here? I may as well link my DeviantArt journals once I start posting the updates there.

So, anything to kickstart this thread?

Well, Rebelión takes place in Tokyo-to, which you said is an alternate version of Tokyo city. However from your description in the novel script, it's akin to Shibuya, Nerima, and similar places. Districts you lived in or have visted before correct?

ÙÅäý┐ä 1ýøö Ùéáýö¿
Seems like the perfect place for the End of Awakening...

Imagine how Myeato must feel lol. You're a young kid but you recently obtain power to save people. The question is, can you save everyone? There's 210,000 (my rough est.) of people in Shibuya alone. 13 million in Tokyo in total.

So yes, from that tidbit of info alone, expect a grandiose story.

To be fair, the body count doesn't start with the first Apostle attack. It starts when Amy Liu's influence leaks into the physical universe and starts killing everybody. I don't know if Ven is going with the typical "supernatural murder case" scenario as it's becoming overused at this point, but the string of deaths happens because of Amy Liu's influence. That's also what draws Myeato towards the Labyrinth of Roses once he starts having visions of the girl, he percieves her because she's starting to leak into the world.

Well, that's certainly a way to start off..

So no mystery murder scenario? But there's still murders or at least a string of deaths. And doesn't Amy Liu take over Aisha's body? That would make Aisha the killer. :O

There's no vessel powerful enough to contain Amy Liu. Aisha won't be possessed, she'll be affected by Amy Liu's influence once everything starts dying off.

No mystery murder scenario. More like humans and aninals dying for no given reason, spirits being seen everywhere (only certain people can see them), buildings collapsing, narutal disasters etc.

Myeato was shaped into that vessel for the End of Awakening by Satan via unknown means. This was Amy's wish, to "be in that world". To fulfil his love's wish, Satan took a human boy with a powerful parentage and shaped him into a vessel capable of bonding with her, thus why he carries the title "Saurunem".

Update:

Rebelión's prologue has been officially written, it runs about an hour and a half. Of course this will be included in the Demon for Comiket. Paradise Apocrypha is still ahead, it's developing at a much faster and steadier pace.

There's six media franchises canonical to the Zen'nō Wars, yes? Or at least that's what's planned. It makes sense because there's seven Ultimate Ones ( + Lucifer and Myeato when they become Ultimate Ones) and each series will showcase a different side of the world.

I'm in the pro-cess of making an explanation blog per requirements of complex/extremely powerful verses and the Zen'nō Wars universe is...unique to say the least.

Looking over basic character sketches, there's probably going to be complaints that adult Protagonist doesn't have a beard or mustache >.>

Speaking of the Protag, the classic white jacket w/o scarf design is still my favorite, Sewa.

We've been quite busy lately. But Ven still finds time to work on Rebelion! At least writing the story. There's tons of lore we'll finally be able to add though game progress is about...10% (if you tale into account all of the game's mechanics it actually 4%).

Also, the game is evolving into a JRPG rather than a full visual novel, though it has strong visual novel elements, Ven is trying to go for more player interaction. This obviously means the game won't be able to be developed on NScripter any longer, we'll have to move onto an RPG game engine, hopefully one that's open source.

For the most part, we can't pour any money into this project with the baby on the way, school coming up for the twins, etc. Remember that at the end of the day, this is just a project, nothing more. It's too ambitious to be cocky and claim it will be a fully fledged product or even a Demon by the time of Winter Comiket when we don't have the resources at the moment.

That's it I think, just an update of sorts.

That's right. I dunno if we'll be ready but either way we'd go enjoy it.

Baki wants to do an English translation.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I am looking forward to actually seeing the VN ovo
take my cash if it does (need windows if it get ported there RIP)

Last post two months ago...rip.

Just wanted to update people on two things:

1. The game is still alive as a project.

2. For some reason, neither Ven or myself can access Fandom sites, we're getting domain errors. That's why you haven't heard from us in awhile. I'm only here now because I'm at the library (public access ftw).

Hopefully we get this sorted out.

PS. Obviously I'm always on Hangouts and I also got Skype back (had to delete a lot of apps, its a long story...)

See ya in December! o3o

Oh RIP wtf is happening

I want to see the game and see ya in christmas Where i won't get presents i think O3o

Back