• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zenless Zone Zero Discussion Thread

images%2FvoltaxMediaLibrary%2Fmmsport%2Fvideo_games%2F01hx9apc3y38qy2d65d1.jpg

The time approaches. The End is near. The start of a new GACHA arrives!

This is a discussion thread to discuss everything in relation to Zenless Zone Zero (Or ZZZ for short), the latest gacha game developed by Hoyoverse/Mihoyo.

I've also seen on reddit a subforum for ZZZleaks.

We also at least got names of the new chars that were shown in the last PV or 2 for ZZZ.

Definitely excited for more male chars to play owo

I heard that ZZZ will be another universe which is different from GI, HSR and HI3, right?
You mean like in the sense if it's got any relation to any of those games, I don't think so?

We don't have any hints that it's even part of the shared Honkai Universe that GGZ, HSR, HI3, and GI all are a part of.

I'm always of the thought that it might knowing with how Hoyoverse is like with using same/similar faced characters as is the case with Mei, Bronya, and Kiana across the other games in terms of expies or whatnot, but then again we just don't know if they'll have any connection whatsoever with them at all.

At the moment, ZZZ is just its own universe but whose to say if Hoyo were to add something or imply something with it that could have it connected to the rest but be its own thing still...

Kinda wonder if any of the stuff in the character teasers and demo would be usable for scaling once the game properly comes out and we see how the characters are like.

Some stuff I got that may or may not be of interest:

And this is also not getting into whatever hax they could possibly have, as well as what interacting with and destroying the Hollow/Ethereal Monsters could grant them if there's something off with them that ordinary people cannot afford to touch them and all.

Billy is able to have a whole monologue while a bullet is speeding towards him (though it doesn't hit him): Could be somewhat a gag, actual perception speed feat, or a potential outlier later on?
This feat is quite weird, on one hand it’s bare minimum MHS+ perception
On the other hand, if he can have whole monologues and still can’t dodge the bullet and is grateful it just missed instead, then he can’t be a bullet timer (JJK ahh speed ratings) unless he gets faster or stronger later. So that’s interesting

This feat is quite weird, on one hand it’s bare minimum MHS+ perception
On the other hand, if he can have whole monologues and still can’t dodge the bullet and is grateful it just missed instead, then he can’t be a bullet timer (JJK ahh speed ratings) unless he gets faster or stronger later. So that’s interesting
It's pretty bizarre yeah. Which is why my initial guess was it being a gag feat of sorts, considering he couldn't even dodge the bullet yet as you said had that whole time it was traveling to make a whole monologue.

It's possible we could be seeing some faster speed feats but the game just dropped (or will, depending on what your guys timezones for it are). As far as I can tell, the highest we got is a few of the chars I noted being able to deflect bullets and react to them but I kinda dk what this platforms stance is on char game demos vs actual product of the scenes.

It's pretty bizarre yeah. Which is why my initial guess was it being a gag feat of sorts, considering he couldn't even dodge the bullet yet as you said had that whole time it was traveling to make a whole monologue.

It's possible we could be seeing some faster speed feats but the game just dropped (or will, depending on what your guys timezones for it are). As far as I can tell, the highest we got is a few of the chars I noted being able to deflect bullets and react to them but I kinda dk what this platforms stance is on char game demos vs actual product of the scenes.
I lean heavy on it being a gag since it seems like there is genuine bullet timing in the game and all
Usually we treat stuff like teasers and trailers as canon or at least as representations of characters, but in game story should still take precedence imo.

I take that as a pretty clear cut perception feat, he can see and think at that speed but can't really do anything else at that speed, like how Rimuru thought acceleration skill that allow him to think millions of time faster than his actual speed.

Well in any case, I just started playing and the game is pretty swanky so far.

Just like PGR and HI3 when I played it, I really like playing a game when I really can get into going.

Pretty fun I'm having, but the grindset will be real soon when I have to set up my teams.

After finishing the prologue the gameplay is extremely fun. It’s feels satisfying to go entire runs without getting hit once, the parry system also feels good.
Story is aight, I’ll let it cook on that front.

In terms of abilities
Seems every hollow raider has resistance to Corruption and Stats reduction (or maybe status effect inducement. Since Anby says staying in Hollows too long will weaken you) via having Ether Aptitude greater than average people (it’ll probably never be confirmed or stated to be Honkai but the parallel is there)

Also Hollows cause spatial distortions, so there’s that as well.
Its corruption also can work on machines. As Billy was also at risk in there.

After finishing the prologue the gameplay is extremely fun. It’s feels satisfying to go entire runs without getting hit once, the parry system also feels good.
Story is aight, I’ll let it cook on that front.

In terms of abilities
Seems every hollow raider has resistance to Corruption and Stats reduction (or maybe status effect inducement. Since Anby says staying in Hollows too long will weaken you) via having Ether Aptitude greater than average people (it’ll probably never be confirmed or stated to be Honkai but the parallel is there)

Also Hollows cause spatial distortions, so there’s that as well.
Its corruption also can work on machines. As Billy was also at risk in there.
It's been alright for me so far. Though I'm only playing casually at the moment to get the hang of the gameplay, I'm really digging it. Plus it's cool that the combat isn't that simple based on whether you're button mashing or attacking while pushing forward or dashing so you get certain attacks performed like Billy's 360 shooting.

Yeah, pretty clear cut on this one. Considering Anby and Billy have been doing this for quite a while, they surely have to have pretty alright resistance to that while one person we see got turned into one.

Eh, I think the parallels alone as it is is cool. It definitely gives me the vibe of being like Honkai but it isn't quite like it from what I still remember some of Honkai when I was playing it before. I don't think just about every game Hoyo drops should be Honkai related when it comes to the monsters or otherwise. I mean Genshin doesn't have that afaik, and aside from being seen in HI3 as one of the bubble worlds/leaves/worlds(?) on the Tree, it's otherwise been largely its own thing. ZZZ is (so far speaking) doing that same if not more to be its own thing but like I said before, whose to say?

Then again, we're already getting lore info that Ether Energy is something corrosive/corrupted(?) and unstable yet is also being polished up to be reusable energy or something. Reminds me already of how Honkai energy was kinda being used back in HI3...if I remember that one right.

And yeah, neat. The Ethereals I think are also mentioned to be able to mimic human appearance and voice so there's that too.

It's been alright for me so far. Though I'm only playing casually at the moment to get the hang of the gameplay, I'm really digging it. Plus it's cool that the combat isn't that simple based on whether you're button mashing or attacking while pushing forward or dashing so you get certain attacks performed like Billy's 360 shooting.

Yeah, pretty clear cut on this one. Considering Anby and Billy have been doing this for quite a while, they surely have to have pretty alright resistance to that while one person we see got turned into one.

Eh, I think the parallels alone as it is is cool. It definitely gives me the vibe of being like Honkai but it isn't quite like it from what I still remember some of Honkai when I was playing it before. I don't think just about every game Hoyo drops should be Honkai related when it comes to the monsters or otherwise. I mean Genshin doesn't have that afaik, and aside from being seen in HI3 as one of the bubble worlds/leaves/worlds(?) on the Tree, it's otherwise been largely its own thing. ZZZ is (so far speaking) doing that same if not more to be its own thing but like I said before, whose to say?

Then again, we're already getting lore info that Ether Energy is something corrosive/corrupted(?) and unstable yet is also being polished up to be reusable energy or something. Reminds me already of how Honkai energy was kinda being used back in HI3...if I remember that one right.

And yeah, neat. The Ethereals I think are also mentioned to be able to mimic human appearance and voice so there's that too.
I’m in the same boat as you, I don’t think ZZZ needs to have any strong connections to the wider Honkai universe and should stand on its own. Cause if I wanted more Honkai then Star rail and Part 2 already exist for that.
I think we’ll get references such as with Ether energy but it’ll never be clear cut.

So far I just finished the prologue, or what I think is the prologue (basically the Hares getting into s*** only to get out safely again with the proxy twins help) and did some roles.

I only got Shoukaku and Ben Bigger. Aside from some A and B ranks of W Engines, that's about it.

Someone else here is having the "unity error" problem? I really tried to solve the issue with my own hands but at most I can do is just reach the part where I obtain Billy as a playable character, but soon after that the "unity error" appears again and closes the game... seriously, in all the three CBT, I really tried to sign to play the game earlier, I never managed to get luck, but the moment I finally manage to access this game, this happens, I feel like a clown 🤡, I'm afraid that knowing Hoyoverse, they won't fix the problem until the next patches, were I will likely lose some privileges as a person who did the pre-register, if it happens, I will just uninstall this game and never play again out of pure spite

Last edited:
Someone else here is having the "unity error" problem? I really tried to solve the issue with my own hands but at most I can do is just reach the part where I obtain Billy as a playable character, but soon after that the "unity error" appears again and closes the game... seriously, in all the three CBT, I really tried to sign to play the game earlier, I never managed to get luck, but the moment I finally manage to access this game, this happens, I feel like a clown 🤡, I'm afraid that knowing Hoyoverse, they won't fix the problem until the next patches, were I will likely lose some privileges as a person who did the pre-register, if it happens, I will just uninstall this game and never play again out of pure spite
unfortunately can’t help you cause I play on my phone.
Saw that it’s 110GB on PC or something and my heart sank like an anchor

Back