• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda: Massive Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desmond253 said:
by your logic this is a star aswell
VegetaPowerBall
fits your criteria of producing light and heat
That ball of light is not in the atmosphere of a newly created pocket dimension that is messing with space to make the inside bigger than the outside within an apparently hollowed-moon that is made of magic by an evil mask made by a bunch of dark tribal people thousands of years ago.

These aren't comparable situations in the slightest.

And how do you know it produces heat?

Isn't ki also stated to be able to draw energy from the stars too, that could explain why Vegeta's ball of light even has similar characteristics.

SansTheSkeleton101 said:
Isn't ki also stated to be able to draw energy from the stars too, that could explain why Vegeta's ball of light even has similar characteristics.
Ki is life energy that is generated from within the body.

The only time Ki was ever "drawn from the stars" is when Goku used the Spirit Bomb to absorb the Genki from all living things, including stars.

The problem with his example is that it isn't comparable to what happens in Zelda, like Cal said, it is a false equivalency.

Warren Valion said:
Ki is life energy that is generated from within the body.

The only time Ki was ever "drawn from the stars" is when Goku used the Spirit Bomb to absorb the Genki from all living things, including stars.

The problem with his example is that it isn't comparable to what happens in Zelda, like Cal said, it is a false equivalency.
I know I was just giving another reason for why his example didn't work.

This thread was also necro'd. Anyway, that's because Dragon Ball is literally the most popular false equivalency/strawman on this entire site. It almost deserves its own discussion rule; but rather, it should be to avoid talking about other verses on content revisions for the verse. But DB especially, needs to be needs to be a highlighted example in that regard.

Anyway, last I remembered, there was not really a generally accepted consensus. So I'm leaning towards changing nothing in addition to multiple aforementioned details above. And I'm honestly getting tired of Zelda threads that upgrade and downgrade the characters back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back