• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zarc vs Yogiri Takatou

With the exception of Zarc's insta-trigger AOE One Shot Kill to start off the battle, I do not see where Zarc has a wincon here with someone who can just says "die" for gg, unless the ability can't directly affect the soul for some reason.

But wait, wouldn't Death Manipulation be considered an ability or effect that "directly destroys"? If not, @EmperorDoom25, this is more likely a Stomp in Yogiri's favor unless he somehow can't stop Zarc's one-time-only One-Shot Kill.

Also, tbf, Zarc's profile may still need updates. He does have quite a bit of hax on his side, but they're not the quick trigger type, as he'll uses them through the other monsters he can invoke, whom will gain a form of battlefield protection from monster effects via his presence (except the protection is only against monsters from the Extra Deck, it seems).

Oh yea, a few more things:

Zarc's mutual protection also applies to himself.

Yogiri's range and/or potency with his ability is Low 2C. Zarc is straight up 2C despite having no exact calcs. In order to kill Zarc, he'd have to "kill" all four parts of his existence beforehand. Considering the range, I doubt he just does that all at once.

I don't see anything on Yogiri's profile saying he'll survive Zarc's opening One-Shot move....not with that Durability.

Oh, I see.

Also, I just corrected myself. Zarc has practically NO win con here. None. Not with Yogiri having a bunch of Immortality types, including #8 and #9, which Zarc definitely can't overcome (at least from what was shown in the anime).

This is a stomp because while Yogiri may take quite an extended time to dismantle his protection with his "kill" spell, Zarc can't do anything to permanently kill him or even BFR him.

A remote possibility that Zarc wins is if Zarc can summon Supreme King Servant Dragon Starve Venom to drain Yogiri of his powers, which is shown to work on targets in the Graveyard. Even then, I doubt that overrides the Immortality via concept, and he's likely not summoning it in time.

Oh, then Zarc has no win con. His reality manipulation fear was just splitting and refusing a universe (s). His hax is anything but something like concept, law, or fate manipulation.

My initial point still stands. This is a stomp in Death Boy's favor.

Is his Fate thing something negatable? If so, Zarc could use Supreme King Starve Venom for Power Null (I need to check whether or not that's already listed on his first key). I doubt he summons that in time and it isn't something he would do early in-character often.

I'll come back later.

Well then, there's no point to continue the thread. You pretty much inserted the final nail yourself. There's no way Zarc wins if that's how the Precog works.

It was a nice try, though.

If only Zarc had a longer stay before he got exorcised by multiverse level soul manipulation via Ray and the En Cards' powers...we would've perhaps seen more of what he could've been capable of. .

(This card is also always treated as a Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monster, and has a Rank equal to its Level.) Must be Special Summoned with "Astrograph Sorcerer", and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy as many monsters your opponent controls as possible, then each player that had a monster(s) destroyed by this effect takes damage equal to the total ATK the destroyed monsters had on the field. This card cannot attack the turn this effect is activated. While there are Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters banished and/or in any Graveyard(s), this card cannot be destroyed, also unaffected by card effects that would make it leave the field. All monsters you control are unaffected by the effects of your opponent's Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters. If this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: You can Special Summon up to 2 "Supreme King Dragon" monsters from your Extra Deck in Defense Position. If your opponent adds a card(s) to their hand (except during the Draw Phase): You can destroy that card(s).

This is completely based off the translations I got.

IDK, sending things to the graveyard in Yu-Gi-Oh counts as Death Manipulation, and that definitely protects against that.

It falls under invulnerability, since listing literally everything Zarc resists would've some D&D level shenanigans

The official definition of destruction is "the action or process of killing or being killed."

Hence why it says that on profile.

Yea I'm not sure if fusing with his dragon avatar keeps him safe...I mean, theoretically it could, cause each time he's invoked his dragon form via proper summoning methods, he's always fused with it.

Back