• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yume Nikki Downgrade and Slight Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
It was gonna come up eventually, so I'd rather do it myself.

Basically, our rules for Weather feats have tightened up. We can't apply such feats to normal AP as easily anymore. This means...

Madotsuki gets her 7-C key removed. Instead of replacing it with another power, I'd rather just make Madotsuki Likely 5-A, possibly 4-A. All the Effect NPCs scaled to it would also become Unknown except for the Yuki-Onna, who would become 7-C with Environmental Destruction.

Sabitsuki and anyone who scales to her would be downgraded to just 9-B. No 7-C anymore.

Usotsuki will get her 7-C key also removed, down to 9-C.

That's all for the downgrades. However, I'd also like to do some upgrades I attempted to do earlier but got overshadowed by another, more controversial upgrade.

Simply put, both Madotsuki and Urotsuki's dream worlds are clearly made out of several separate realms. In Madotsuki's case, this is visible the most with the Ghost World, which is a world pretty much parallel to the real-world-like world that precedes it, the Sky Garden. This would mean that Madotsuki's own dream world is at least two universe. For Urotsuki's world, while not at explicit, we have many, many worlds containing many stars/galaxies that are completely separate from each other, including one stated to be the universe itself. This means that Yume Nikki's world is composed out of at least 2 worlds and Yume 2kki's of at least 3, if not far higher.

This would result in Madotsuki's Low 2-C key becoming 2-C. This would include every Low 2-C being in the verse. But also, every being that was previously 3-A would be 2-C, since their feat of affecting/destroying the Dream World would require them to destroy two separate worlds. This includes the Shadow Monster and most manga Characters.

For Yume 2kki, it just upgrades Urotsuki's Low 2-C to 2-C. Bummer.

Also semi-related to this, but Chie's Unknown stats should just be Low 2-C, like everyone else. I originally put it as Unknown since I didn't know her Dream World's size, but now it's clearly meant to be an entire world, containing many stars and such.

So yeah. Remove all Tier 7 stats, upgrade some Low 2-C to 2-Cs and an Unknown into a Low 2-C.

Indeed. This is a very normal landscape where I come from.

Graveyard

Legit though, some parts emulate the real world to a T, are stated/shown to be universal in size, etc. And since they're not pocket dimensions based on a "main" universe, we don't have any reasons to assume they're super small.

Hmm, all seems fair enough to me, so I'll give my approval of this thread.
Crossover Garden
Little house

Poor Sabitsuki though...

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Indeed. This is a very normal landscape where I come from.
That's about right for my dreams.

Not sure if every world in YN can be assumed to be universal in size and separate. I'm on the fence about the upgrades, the rest is fine, and Y2 is also fine.

Not saying that every single world in YN is a separate world. Just that every world being part of the same universe is physically impossible on several levels and that as a result, 2-C is probably a better minimum than Low 2-C.

My main argument lies within the Ghost World, which is an alternate world of the otherwise realistic Sky Garden map. But also, some maps contain extensive cosmology (such as the Puddle World having a moon and the Pink Sea having stars), yet their nature as being looping and closed maps make the idea of them being part of a bigger world pretty much impossible.

That doesn't mean they're the size of universes, nor that they have distinct temporal continuums; they're just different pocket realms, essentially, and I wouldn't say assuming that it's physically impossible when it's a dreamworld that doesn't have to follow any comprehensible spatial logic is a fair assumption.

I mean, the very nature of a "pocket dimension" implies that they're sub-worlds of a greater, "main" reality. Which is not something that's exactly applicable in this case, since all worlds tend to be treated in the same manner and not as sub-worlds of a bigger one (unless we count the Nexus but we don't so sssh).

Even if you say that, this world still has some degree of internal logic, since most looping areas can only be exited out of via portals and not just via...walking out of it.

And in my opinion, assuming that worlds like the Puddle World or the Pink Sea are in the same physical world as each other to require a lot more assumptions than just saying they're separate worlds.

We can't really know that for sure, though. There obviously is some internal logic.

I'm not saying they're the same physical world, but we can't assume they're each universe sized anyways. They can be separate spaces without being universal in scope.

So ''thats'' what inner Canada looks like

@Woki Inner Canada is one lewd boi and one comfy gurl fighting in the middle of a desert about dreams.

@Prom We can't, but nothing really hints at it and assuming that is, well, an assumption, and probably not a very supported one.

Like I said, not all of them are universe sized. That much is certain. But putting Low 2-C implies that none of them are, and I doubt that's true, given the duality between the Sky Garden (clearly meant to emulate the real world) and the Ghost World, among other things. If it's that uncertain according to you, I think that just "possibly 2-C" would be fine, but I really don't like the idea of just leaving it at Low 2-C.

Alright then.

Normally I'd wait for COB or smth to comment, but clearly I'm being Senpai'd to hell and back with him so maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back