• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukaris boundary manipultion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andykhang said:
Let see... one of her specialty is creating barrier, which is boundary in another name, and she got a huge contribution to the creation of the Hakurei Barrier. So, shouldn't we logically assume that she could create boundary too? Like she could "connect" the boundary between vessel to incurred a heart attack, or creating an perpeptual machine of the first kind with ease. Or how she could just create her own clothing and weapon just by creating a "space" to manifacturing that? (heck, she got a bunch of heater's fuel in one instance)
Actualy Hakurei Barrier - the barrier between Reality and Fantasy wasn't possible to build by her alone. She had to ask for help for Reimu's ancestor. And Reimu's specialization... Is ability to float above Reality!

if this topic is being talked about again, does someone have a suggestion for a text we can put on yukaris page under notable abilities in order to describe her capabilities with border manipulation?

DontTalk said:
if this topic is being talked about again, does someone have a suggestion for a text we can put on yukaris page under notable abilities in order to describe her capabilities with border manipulation?
It will be hard to describe something vague... The best I thought is this:

Yukari can manipulate borders of existence by some degree as long as she has enough knowledge and power to affect it.

Yamatohime talk:

Actualy Hakurei Barrier - the barrier between Reality and Fantasy wasn't possible to build by her alone. She had to ask for help for Reimu's ancestor. And Reimu's specialization... Is ability to float above Reality!

Uh, i'm not denying that. Even Yuyuko said that after all.

Yamatohime said:
DontTalk said:
It will be hard to describe something vague... The best I thought is this:
Yukari can manipulate borders of existence by some degree as long as she has enough knowledge and power to affect it.
And does that even matter? We're talking about Yukari here. Anything we know, she's probably know it 10 times better.

Andykhang said:
And does that even matter? We're talking about Yukari here. Anything we know, she's probably know it 10 times better.
Of course it's matter. After all we discussing limits of Trololo power. For example she can't argue with Shiki Eiki, beat Reimu with FH mode, erect barrier between Fantasy and Reality...

Yamatohime said:
Of course it's matter. After all we discussing limits of Trololo power. For example she can't argue with Shiki Eiki, beat Reimu with FH mode, erect barrier between Fantasy and Reality...
She's can't argue with Eiki because she's always right( Isn't the point of arguement is to find out who's right?), and who do you think Reimu even learn that from? I don't know about the barrier though, maybe she couldn't really do it in large scale.

Yamatohime said:
Reimu FH is her own ability. Reimu broke border between Life and Death prior her meeting with Yukari
Huh... I just know that. I'll bet that Yukari teach her to limited it use though (not letting your mind escape reality for example)

Andykhang said:
Huh... I just know that. I'll bet that Yukari teach her to limited it use though (not letting your mind escape reality for example)
Actualy it was Marisa who helped Reimu with limiter.

Marisa only help by putting in time limit. I mean the way so that Reimu doesn't destroy herself seperating from the rule of the universe

Boundary Manipulation: Yukari has the ability to manipulate boundaries. The most common application of Yukari's boundary manipulation abilities is opening "gaps" which act as portals between two places. Yukari can create gaps through which only she can pass, or through which anything can pass.
Aside from that Yukari can also control boundaries in a more general sense. Since the nature of all things is defined by its boundaries, for example a lake can only exist as it is, because there is a boundary between it and the atmosphere called water surface, Yukari's ability can in theory be used to archive a huge amount of different effects.
In general Yukari is stated to be capable of manipulating the boundary between any and all things, but this is questionable, because of known exceptions. Specifically she is not capable of creating gaps to the moon, which is inhabited by beings which are stated to be far superior to any youkai, and she is not capable of manipulating the boundaries near the Moriya shrine, which has two gods as inhabitants. The specific reasons why this boundaries are exceptions was never explained and can only be speculated upon.
Even though this exceptions are considerable she is known to manipulate various fundamental boundaries such as the boundaries between truth and falsehood, reality and fantasy, human and youkai, life and death, awake and asleep, day and night or winter and spring.

Would everyone agree to that description?

DontTalk said:
Specifically she is not capable of creating gaps to the moon, which is inhabited by beings which are stated to be far superior to any youkai, and she is not capable of manipulating the boundaries near the Moriya shrine, which has two gods as inhabitants. The specific reasons why this boundaries are exceptions was never explained and can only be speculated upon.
Actually though, she is capable to penetrate the barrier that surround the moon (otherwise, how can Yukari extracted Yuyuko and Youmu during SSiB ?). Moriya should not be an exception, so i guess it just take a long time to do it.

@DontTalk, good enough. The more accurate description will be too big.

Andykhang said:
Marisa only help by putting in time limit. I mean the way so that Reimu doesn't destroy herself seperating from the rule of the universe
Reimu's ability to float above reality has nothing common with border manipulation. Yukari is useless and powerless versus it.

Andykhang said:
Actually though, she is capable to penetrate the barrier that surround the moon (otherwise, how can Yukari extracted Yuyuko and Youmu during SSiB ?). Moriya should not be an exception, so i guess it just take a long time to do it.
We should remember though, that Reimu almost wrecked Lunar Capital via her powers leaving Lunarians busy. And it was shown that Yukari can't directly attack the Moon because of powerful illusion (interesting fact is that Alice managed to see the real light from the real Moon though)...

Ok, I added it. With that the thread reached its purpose I think, so if there isn't some urgent decision to be made I would close it now.

Thinking more... I found that Yukari's powers failed work when Divine powers were opposing it: Shiki Eiki, Moriya Shrine and Lunar Capital.

Was it stated that it was because of being divine?

The shiki thing was also questionable I believe.

Eiki is Yama who gathered enough faith tp become one. Moriya has actual deities. Lunarians uses divine powers as were shown by Yorihome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back