• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yuji Itadori (Jujutsu Kaisen) VS Isen (UnOrdinary) (7-2-0) (Grace)

Hm. While I will admit that Isen does have a set of abilities that could potentially screw over Itadori, I... think that Itadori's extreme edge in battle smart, skill, and fighting techniques evens out what advantage that Isen's power could give him since it seems like Isen is extremely inexperienced when compared to Itadori - it also doesn't help that they are relatively even in physical stats, so Itadori's advantages is what pushes things to his side, IMO.

Hm. While I will admit that Isen does have a set of abilities that could potentially screw over Itadori, I... think that Itadori's extreme edge in battle smart, skill, and fighting techniques evens out what advantage that Isen's power could give him since it seems like Isen is extremely inexperienced when compared to Itadori - it also doesn't help that they are relatively even in physical stats, so Itadori's advantages is what pushes things to his side, IMO.
So you're voting Yuji FRA

At first, I figured I'd side with Itadori FRA, though, after realizing this is Itadori before even eating the first finger, I'll have to go with Isen. Itadori at the beginning of the series is VERY inexperienced and lacks all those good feats he gets later on after overcoming his fears and actually facing multiple unique foes. Since Isen doesn't really have keys, I'm assuming this is Isen up to current issues, who I'd assume has more experience fighting people (At least based on his intelligence statistic). To top if off, he has the advantage of actually having powers, even if they aren't the most useful for hand to hand combat.

In addition, even though both are listed as Class 5, Isen's feat sounds more impressive as he stops a speeding truck with his bare hand. Whereas Itadori simply threw a car. Though this could possibly change as I plan to try and upgrade the LS in JJK, at least to some extent. But since we go off what's on the profile, Isen has the advantage of LS, Experience, and Powers/Abilities going for him.

I'll have to vote for Isen I'm sorry Itadori, I failed you 😔

At first, I figured I'd side with Itadori FRA, though, after realizing this is Itadori before even eating the first finger, I'll have to go with Isen. Itadori at the beginning of the series is VERY inexperienced and lacks all those good feats he gets later on after overcoming his fears and actually facing multiple unique foes. Since Isen doesn't really have keys, I'm assuming this is Isen up to current issues, who I'd assume has more experience fighting people (At least based on his intelligence statistic). To top if off, he has the advantage of actually having powers, even if they aren't the most useful for hand to hand combat.

In addition, even though both are listed as Class 5, Isen's feat sounds more impressive as he stops a speeding truck with his bare hand. Whereas Itadori simply threw a car. Though this could possibly change as I plan to try and upgrade the LS in JJK, at least to some extent. But since we go off what's on the profile, Isen has the advantage of LS, Experience, and Powers/Abilities going for him.

I'll have to vote for Isen I'm sorry Itadori, I failed you 😔
Yuji Itadori: 1 (FantaRin_The_First)

Isen: 1 (LaserPrecision)

Incon: 0

What exactly does Isen have going on with his power?

It seems like this really just ends up being a physical fight, with not much else.

What exactly does Isen have going on with his power?

It seems like this really just ends up being a physical fight, with not much else.
His abilities from what I see on the profile are more attuned to tracking, but generally enhance Isen's sight. Even having "tracking vision" among others. Which could be very useful depending on the environment. It's more of a minor plus on his other win-cons tho.

In that case, I'd probably give it to Itadori. Even without the training from Gojo, Yuji has a firm grasp of martial arts and using both his own strength and the environment around him to his own advantage. Throughout the series, Yuji is normally training his cursed energy and not his physical techinque which was good enough to contend with the likes of Todo, who is also a proficent hand to hand fighter, and hand to hand is consistently pointed out to be his domain throughout the series. While he has little experience fighting against Curses at this point, he's no real foreigner to fighting other humans (as seen with the last flashback or so we had from the series) so the only real unique thing about Isen would be his comparable strength to Yuji, which isn't really a problem when they're so close in AP. All the Hunter stuff won't really matter since they're both aware of one another and are setting up to fight.

What does Isen have in terms of fighting skill, which would allow him to get one over on Itadori?

In that case, I'd probably give it to Itadori. Even without the training from Gojo, Yuji has a firm grasp of martial arts and using both his own strength and the environment around him to his own advantage.
Does he show any feats of skill like that before eating any fingers? If so, I'd agree he has the advantage of skill. But I don't think you're allowed to show skill feats from later on in a series to demonstrate the skills of a character at the beginning of the series.
While he has little experience fighting against Curses at this point, he's no real foreigner to fighting other humans (as seen with the last flashback or so we had from the series)
Can't say I've seen that. I'm not exactly caught up sadly.

so the only real unique thing about Isen would be his comparable strength to Yuji, which isn't really a problem when they're so close in AP. All the Hunter stuff won't really matter since they're both aware of one another and are setting up to fight.
And likely superior LS.
What does Isen have in terms of fighting skill, which would allow him to get one over on Itadori?
That I don't know. Haven't read the other series. I'm sure some fan of the series will answer that one though.

Isen is pretty skilled fighter IMO. He was able to hold up a good fight against John, who is leagues stronger than Isen. (Until he got K.O. by John)

Does he show any feats of skill like that before eating any fingers? If so, I'd agree he has the advantage of skill. But I don't think you're allowed to show skill feats from later on in a series to demonstrate the skills of a character at the beginning of the series.
I would agree with that, but Yuji has no martial arts training between the start and his fight with Todo, so it's something that I feel is very much fair since there's nothing to imply otherwise from the series with Yuji's only training being in cursed energy up to this point. Or even looking at his fight right after intro arc, no training at all he still shows martials arts and his awareness.

And likely superior LS.
LS isn't really too much of a thing to worry, since for the most part Yuji doesn't normally grapple or anything like, unless grabbing is a big thing with his opponent
Isen is pretty skilled fighter IMO. He was able to hold up a good fight against John, who is leagues stronger than Isen. (Until he got K.O. by John)
Feels like comparatively, John relies less on skill and just overpowering his opponent so I'm not sure if that's really comparable to Itadori's own showings of skill

I would agree with that, but Yuji has no martial arts training between the start and his fight with Todo, so it's something that I feel is very much fair since there's nothing to imply otherwise from the series with Yuji's only training being in cursed energy up to this point. Or even looking at his fight right after intro arc, no training at all he still shows martials arts and his awareness.
He doesn't need to exactly receive martial arts training to develop martial arts over the course of several months (Which is around how much time elapsed before he fought Todo). His martial arts, experience, and skill in general by the time he faced Todo could've been the accumulated results of the several months of fighting and training he had been doing ever since he ate Sukuna's first finger.

During those flashbacks mentioned earlier, did Yuji display any level of martial arts of extreme skill? If so, I'd probably be more lenient.
Feels like comparatively, John relies less on skill and just overpowering his opponent so I'm not sure if that's really comparable to Itadori's own showings of skill
I think they weren't saying that it was impressive because John is skilled, but moreso because John is stronger than Isn (Though I'm not sure to what extent since I don't read UnOrdinary).

Though after looking at his profile again, it appears Isen's a coward, which could be a detriment in this fight, but I'd like to hear about that weakness from a fan/knowledgeable member of the series before I switch sides to Itadori.

Heavily disagree. John abuses his opponents because he is extremely skilled and actively trains in fighting techniques. He has also beaten powered opponents while underpowered.

Anyway about Isen. He’s a decent enough fighter, just being at the school and ranked as he his means that he’s had to fight plenty of times before.

For more of a breakdown of Isen’s
ability read here

There’s a lot more to it than it may seem. Targeting precise movements, x-ray vision, weak spot detection, extra sensory perception, and some other things.

In a way it helps A LOT with direct fighting since he’s able to tell how an opponent is moving to fight him and how he should attack the opponent.

Though after looking at his profile again, it appears Isen's a coward, which could be a detriment in this fight, but I'd like to hear about that weakness from a fan/knowledgeable member of the series before I switch sides to Itadori.
Correction: Isen used to be a coward. Isen no longer seems to be as cowardice as he was before (As seen from when he talked back at John in chapter 259).

Yuji FRA

He doesn't need to exactly receive martial arts training to develop martial arts over the course of several months (Which is around how much time elapsed before he fought Todo). His martial arts, experience, and skill in general by the time he faced Todo could've been the accumulated results of the several months of fighting and training he had been doing ever since he ate Sukuna's first finger.
It would've only have been 1 month or two, but even so, Yuji's training in the series has always been tied more to cursed energy than his actual. Not to mention that even as far back as the Introduction arc, Yuji showed himself to be a skilled and adapt fighter. His fight with Todo just showed how good he is at rapidly developing while fighting in both Cursed Energy technique and skill. Yuji from the beginning of the series is established as a skilled physical fighter as well as a powerful one.

Hell, Megumi was confident that Yuji could take Todo on only going off of his previous experience pre-death.
During those flashbacks mentioned earlier, did Yuji display any level of martial arts of extreme skill? If so, I'd probably be more lenient.

I think they weren't saying that it was impressive because John is skilled, but moreso because John is stronger than Isn (Though I'm not sure to what extent since I don't read UnOrdinary).

Yeah, he shows it off in the quick fight.

I will admit I'm not currently caught up, but for the most part, Isen's technical skills in terms of H2H combat aren't really anything more than highschool brawling. I see no reason to assume that he's really comparable to the likes of Yuji in this regard.

Back