• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
We really should be careful with Plot Manipulation based abilities as they can be very controversial over all and lead to people arguing NLF and such.

I'm not saying this is that situation, I am just saying in general. I can see people using this to say Yuichi can beat say Hades or Akron because of his passive Plot Manipulation.

Yuichi's ability is pretty clear cut, in neechan wa chuunibyou everyone is apart of a worldview, which is the idea that everyone lives in their own world, and there were as many worlds as there were people. Worldview's refers to the laws governing a given world.

Ryoma Nagare worldview was protagonist, basically that was his place/role in his worldview, everyone has a role in their worldview vampire, undead, student, worker etc.

Due to being the protag, ryoma was pulled into others worldview, going to different worlds to save people, girls falling for him etc, the typical isekai protag stuff.

He could enter any world view and the world itself would give him protag status, meaning he would ultimaely always win, and had plot armor as the hero can't die, can't lose etc.

This guy then learnt how to manipulate the plot itself so not only does he have protag status protecting him, he can dictate the plot. He tried to manipulate the plot to make yuichi die, it did jack nothing and he got his ass handed to him, but he was a protag and protags weren't supposed to lose, which means yuichi's role is bigger than a protag.

Then it's revealed yuichi's role is The Last One Standing: Humanity's Line of Defense. Guardian of the human-centric world we currently live in, anything supernatural, ghost, aliens, superhuman ppl etc, yuichi's role is to guard against that and protect the current human world. And as such he can always make a chance that he can win, and as such will always win.

But like I said something like that could easily be argued as NLF. Also what does Ryoma have to do with this? They aren't apart of the same series. I am more or less interested now.

Indeed, i am not the one arguing he beats hades or anyone like that though, just arguing that he beats hexus.

Okay, it's just that when I hear Plot Manipulation, I know how people..well.. I know how far they'll take it. Hence why I am so cautious about characters I support with similar powers.

He is resistant to plot manipulation, because his plot manipulation makes it so:

1. The same move doesn't work on him twice

2. Abilities which would cause him to lose get negated, so any instant win moves won't work on him cause his ability makes it so that he always wins.

Back