• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SomebodyData said:
@Jacob well summoning that with massive lack of light and dark focus is going to be nearly impossible. Overall, saying that he can win is accurate, but given the power gap between their decks? It's very nigh-impossible. Heck, some of the terrible modern archetypes likely still stand quite the chance against Yugi.
@William skill is great and all but most of his comebacks were against already crappy decks. Sure he has the skill advantage in this fight but, once more, it is nearly moot thanks to the massive deck disadvantage
Yeah, he has always found a way to win in situations where no one else can, although if Plot Armor is a point that cannot be brought up in VS Matches, then allow me to go ahead and explain why his cards are still able to allow him to win.

Dark Magician and every card that revolves around it, he can use these numerous spells and traps involving this card that make a power difference irrelevant

Thousand Knives destroys a monster on the field

Dark Magic Attack destroys all Spells and Traps on the opponent's field (allowing Yugi to wipe out the Pendulum Zone)

Dark Magic Curtain allows him to spend half of his Life Points in order to get Dark Magician out

Magic Formula boosts Dark Magician's Power

Dedication Through Light and Darkness allows him to get Dark Magician of Chaos out, and when Dark Magician of Chaos destroys a monster it is banished

Dark Renewal brings back Dark Magician from the grave by having Yugi tribute a spellcaster (which he has a few of those) and an opponent's monster (assuming they just now summoned it). Assuming Yugi has a Spellcaster on the field and Zarc summons his ace, he can play Dark Renewal and get rid of it easily.

Gold Sarchopagus allows him to select a card from his deck and add it to his hand after 2 standby phases.

and much much more.

Yugi's cards that revolve around his ace are the reason Yugi can beat Zarc.

Again can =/= would.

Also that is literally his biggest flaw. Once Dark Magician is out, all he could do is try to revive him but that would only prolong the inevitable. Whereas Zarc could likely make a comeback in one turn.

in real play the thousand knives requires you to give your opponent a monster.and several other effects are different that's just the only one I can name and I don't think the pendulum zones fall under spells or traps.

SomebodyData said:
Again can =/= would.
Also that is literally his biggest flaw. Once Dark Magician is out, all he could do is try to revive him but that would only prolong the inevitable. Whereas Zarc could likely make a comeback in one turn.
That comeback can be triumphed by Dark Renewal, Magic Cylinder, and Mirror Force.

Also, the reason I say can/could, is because in Duel Monsters, nothing is guaranteed. No one knows what you're gonna draw.

@somebody I can go trough his deck giving you every possibilty that gives him the win,but that would take time and that why I stopped myself on bs reasoning. Anyway,Pokemon trainer has said some things about it and that's without even talking about black Luster soldier strategi or Egyptian gods.

Darkmon cns said:
in real play the thousand knives requires you to give your opponent a monster.and several other effects are different that's just the only one I can name and I don't think the pendulum zones fall under spells or traps.
Pendulum Zone is considered spell cards, and Mystic Box is the spell that you have to give your opponent a monster to do.

WilliamShadow said:
@somebody I can go trough his deck giving you every possibilty that gives him the win,but that would take time and that why I stopped myself on bs reasoning. Anyway,Pokemon trainer has said some things about it and that's without even talking about black Luster soldier strategi or Egyptian gods.
Yeah I'll handle the going through Yugi's deck thing, I am thoroughly enjoying this thread.

Jacob

your missing one piont Zarc also has monsters for one his ace has an ability to ingat one affect that targets a pendulum monster which his ace is ( at least I think that was his aces affect could've been a spell or trap card.)

You guys are missing the point. Yugi's cards aren't as compatible as you're making it out to be. Want something akin to yugi's deck being used in real life to show just how behind it is?

Yo can we do that. Can we just make a Yugi deck and a Zarc deck and duel with them to see who would win? Because Data I am up for it even though I unfortunately cannot use DevPro due to the fact that my chromebook cannot handle it.

Pokémon Trainer Jacob said:
Yo can we do that. Can we just make a Yugi deck and a Zarc deck and duel with them to see who would win? Because Data I am up for it even though I unfortunately cannot use DevPro due to the fact that my chromebook cannot handle it.
you would have to do it like 100 times with how random drawing can be.

Darkmon cns said:
you would have to do it like 100 times with how random drawing can be.
And we would have to play exactly like the characters, but I am up for 100 duels.. although I cannot use DevPro....... someone would have to duel in my place but I will assist them in building a Yugi deck for this.

I can do it on my phone and am willing to wait for you to get a usable source @Pkmn. Sadly it would have to be you who records it if we want to do that (Or we can just say the results in a best 2 out 3 fashion) I guess I'll make the Zarc deck

Though is there any way for a private match?

Can we just hop back into the why ______ beats ________ in a children's card game? Yes? Good.

Yugi's cards that are based around Dark Magician cover a wide area of abilities and can do just about anything

Diffusion Wave Motion allows Dark Magician (or any Level 7 or higher Spellcaster) to attack all monsters the opponent controls. Combo that with Magic Formula, Horn of the Unicorn, and Dark Magic Attack (for those pesky Spells and Traps) and Yugi can wipe out Zarc's army of monsters.

Code:
I already saw this duel made in the force tag and the yugi won the game, even if after this with his Lps in less than 1000

without plot armor Yugi would get stomped by Yuya in a duel

I play yugioh somewhat competitively..Yugi's deck is by far the worst of all the main characters.

simply due to it being full of yellow (effectless) monsters which are generally worthless in real games, and cards that only work with specific cards (like Dark magician or DM girl). with no real way of searching said cards... which make your deck horribly inconsistent.

Plus pretty much everyone from Jaden onwards is playing an actual archetype (Heroes, synchron, Gagaga, Performalpal...) whereas Yugi's deck really is just an assortment of random cards..which, again, makes it far less consistent.

Saitamax said:
without plot armor Yugi would get stomped by Yuya in a duel
I play yugioh somewhat competitively..Yugi's deck is by far the worst of all the main characters.

simply due to it being full of yellow (effectless) monsters which are generally worthless in real games, and cards that only work with specific cards (like Dark magician or DM girl). with no real way of searching said cards... which make your deck horribly inconsistent.

Plus pretty much everyone from Jaden onwards is playing an actual archetype (Heroes, synchron, Gagaga, Performalpal...) whereas Yugi's deck really is just an assortment of random cards..which, again, makes it far less consistent.
Well it seems to be more of an assortment of random Archetypes, like Magician, Magnet Warrior, Black Luster Soldier, Knight (Kings Knight, Queens Knight, Jack's Night), etc.

Which could be argued to be worse, as it means that some support can't help others and vice versa. For example, good luck using the Knight archetype with the support for Black Luster and the Magnet archetype. Also, most of these archetypes didn't even get good support until modern times (for example Black Luster Solider, Gaia, Dark Magician, Magnet Warrior, etc)

SomebodyData said:
Which could be argued to be worse, as it means that some support can't help others and vice versa. For example, good luck using the Knight archetype with the support for Black Luster and the Magnet archetype. Also, most of these archetypes didn't even get good support until modern times (for example Black Luster Solider, Gaia, Dark Magician, Magnet Warrior, etc)
True, but Dark Magician still keeps Yugi in the game due to the assortment of spells and traps that Yugi has specifically for this card, not to mention Magic Cylinder and Mirror Force allowing him to put a halt to Zarc's attacks (and possibly winning him the duel if Magic Cylinder is used on a strong enough monster).

Yugi may have an out of date deck, but he still has the cards necessary to put down Zarc.

If they both have the best draw of their life (which I'd like to assume they would for this duel), it would depend on who goes first at that point.

Nah the best draw for yugi would be Egyptian God + Tricky + Tricky spell + random card to discard + monster reborn + Dark Magician (Though he sadly wouldn't even be able to summon him thanks to Slifer also being needed to summon), whereas Zarc literally just needs only polymerization to take him down due to the effects of SK Servant Starving Venom Dragon or etc. And that's not even his main card. By then Yugi's only hope is Mirror Force, which would be a problem thanks to the SK Servant effects, which mean that the monster will come back likely Main Phase 2.

SomebodyData said:
Nah the best draw for yugi would be Egyptian God + Tricky + Tricky spell + random card to discard + monster reborn + Dark Magician (Though he sadly wouldn't even be able to summon him thanks to Slifer also being needed to summon), whereas Zarc literally just needs only polymerization to take him down due to the effects of SK Servant Starving Venom Dragon or etc. And that's not even his main card. By then Yugi's only hope is Mirror Force, which would be a problem thanks to the SK Servant effects, which mean that the monster will come back likely Main Phase 2.
I feel like Yugi's best draw is Tricky, Dark Magician, Monster Reborn (on discarded Dark Magician), Dark Magic Attack, and Mirror Force, then the other 35 cards in his deck lined to give Yugi some massive momentum.

Hmmm, that's only with worst results for Yugi since at least Slifer would drop that ATK by 2000 for the opponent's monsters, where as Dark Magician is a vanilla monster.

I could try using Yugi deck against an AI controlled mid tier modern deck on YGOPRO and tell you guys the results if you want.

SomebodyData said:
Hmmm, that's only with worst results for Yugi since at least Slifer would drop that ATK by 2000 for the opponent's monsters, where as Dark Magician is a vanilla monster.
Yeah, but he would have two Monsters on the field, a Trap that destroys everything Zarc throws at him, and a Spell to put him out of his Spells out of their misery.

How this goes: Yugi goes first, discards DM to Special Summon The Tricky, uses Monster Reborn to bring back Dark Magician, sets Mirror Force while having Dark Magic Attack in his handm ends turn. Yuya sets Pendulum Scale (and he usually doesn't do it with Timegazer and Stargazer), summons Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon and 2 Level Fours, Overlays those level 4s to get Dark Rebellion XYZ Dragon out, steals Dark Magician's Attack Points (or just does the thing where he makes Dark Rebellion Level 7 and Overlays, same result iirc), and attacks DM. Yugi would activate Mirror Force, leaving Yuya right open to an attack. Yugi's turn comes, he plays Dark Magic Attack (assuming Yuya used his 6th card to play a face down) and attacks Yuya for 4,500 points of damage, which would end the game since they play with 4,000 life points.

Problem is, that's only one scenario, when there are many scenarios that could happen.
yay the only real way to be sure would be if we got 2AIs with there decks to duel a set amount of times.

Actually Dark Magician would have 1250 attack since the effect is permanent so it would be that Yuya has 750 LP in Yugi's best case scenario. Then, due to lack of cards to prevent Yuya from doing anything, Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is summoned once more, and so are the other monsters bringing out the KS variation of Rebellion and winning the duel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back