• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys are reeeeeeeally underestimating how rididulous a "best possible draws" would be for most modern-ish decks

this is the best play i can come up with for Yugi's deck if i get to choose all my draws..

(initial draw is five cards: Card destruction, Kuriboh, and any other 3 cards)

-card destruction your initial hand discarding kuriboh amongst the cards. draw into tricky, monster reborn, fiend sancturary, pot of greed

-pot of greed draws magic cylinder and anything to discard for tricky.

-monster reborn kuriboh.., discard to SS tricky, find sanctuary to make a token...tribue everything for Obelisk. (slifer would be useless as Yugi is left with nothing in hand it'd have 0 ATK) and set cylinder

so that's a god card backed up by cylinder. might sound great but its actually really bad for a deck choosing its draw. the main issue with this play is that you end up with nothing that actually disrupts the opponent's plays. your trap only stop attacks..the god cards are hard to kill but they also don't really negate anything...this leaves the other guy (well, Yuya in this case) who also gets to choose his draws completely free to do whatever

i'm not too familiar with Yuya's deck to think of step by step plays ...so i'll use Yusei instead...i'm sure Yuya's deck can match his power output or even go beyond it. (this is also Yusei's deck without using speed spells as they don't exist in the real game and they'd open up even more brokeness)

lets say Yusei is going second against that field of Obelisk + magic cylinder from Yugi (i'm giving the god card the anime effects too so its totally immune to all effects) , and he also gets to choose his draws. here's what happens

initial hand = Quickdraw synchron, level eater, synchron explorer, one for one, bolt hedgehog (well..you'd actually get 6 cards going second but i'm only using 5)

-discard lvl eater for quickdraw, bring lvl eater back, sync into junk warrior. normal summon synchron explorer to bring back quickraw. lvl eater eats junk warrior (lvl 4 now) to come back. sync explorer, quickraw and eater into road warrior

-road warrior special summons unknown synchron from deck. lvl eater on road warrior (lvl 7 now). unknown + lvl eater makes formula synchron, draw into "junk barrage"

-level eat road again (lvl 6 now). synchro formula synchron (lvl 2) + road warrior (lvl 6) + junk warrior (lvl 4) into Shooting Quasar dragon. one for one discarding bolt hedgehog to summon effect veiler from deck. bring back bolt hedgehog. level eat quasar. synchro bolt + level eater + veiler into armory arm

-Equip armory arm and junk barrage on shooting quasar dragon.anime god cards are unnafected by effects but are vulnerable to battle. attack obelisk with quasar (now at 5000). Yugi uses magic cylinder, Quasar negates it.

1000 damage + armory arms effect kicks in when obelisk dies for 4000 more damage. junk barrage kicks in for 2000 more that's 7000 total.

Quasar can attack again directly for another 5000

so there it is...an OTK of 12000 damage through a god card and a traps...which as far as i've thought was the best possible thing yugi could do while choosing his draws... i'm almost 100% certain Yuya's deck could do the same or something even more ridiculous if you allow him to choose his draws. i'm also pretty sure i didn't fully optimize that play from Yusei's deck even...a bunch of the stuff i did like drawing into junk barragfe was totally pointless lol. was just for bigger numbers in the end...

if anyone can think of a better play for Yugi i'd be interested in hearing. but it seems really limited with the very low nbumber of special summons his deck has.

If we throw in anime cards Yugi should win Anime Cards of Consonance, Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, and the ability to will cards like Underworld Circle to his hand if he doesnt draw them on top of having better late game set-ups. If he can beat someone using The Golden Castle of Stromburg, Yuya should be no problem.

So you look at your profile pic and say I'm a fanboy? I only chose it because it seemed cool at the time, and I decided not to change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back