• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yugi Muto vs Red Yugi Oh vs Pokemon

Why does Anime Yugi only have 2 keys, yet 3 tiers?

Tier: 10-B. 9-C | 9-C

Key:
Yugi Muto | Yami Yugi (Atem)

If it's meant to indicate that he's 9-C only while the pharoah is in control...?? Well, okay, but that means this is Yami/Pharoah/Atem, & the Millenium Puzzle is there, I suppose?

Why they have different physical durability, I'm unsure. Doesn't Yugi have 10-A or so stats for getting beat by bullies on a regular basis in school in his past? Also, there's an anime Yugi calc that would affect his durability, but let's save that for revisions, I guess.

Assuming this IS Yugi, I'm not sure he'd be so quick to start a shadow game. Plus, I'm a bit lazy & don't wanna consider how the hax would work, especially since that'd probably mean working out the Shadow Game & Penalty Game rules for this fight.

What about Red?

"Note: This profile covers his incarnation within the Pokémon games, and not his manga appearance. Also, this covers his team's stats."

Given that note, sometimes I wonder if Red's lifting strength is only Athletic Human. (I need to do some work on that Composite Pokemon Protagonist Blog Profile idea I had again.)

Aside from his currently listed Standard Equipment, I wonder why several Key Items aren't listed. Admittedly, some might be a hindrance unless excluded, but several are necessary to obtain, even if you can just store them later.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Key_Items_in_Generation_I

Mandatory to obtain but NOT mandatory to get rid of (Not counting depositing as getting rid of an item.) are: 1 fossil, a Card Key, a Lift Key, a Poke Flute, a Secret Key, & the S.S. Ticket. IIRC, the ticket is never removed from the inventory, even after boarding & de-boarding.

Both are willing to kill, but not bloodlusted. Red is more tactical, but even ignoring Yugi's history of being bullied, I do recall him going to the trouble of putting the Millenium Puzzle back together in a building burning hot enough to make Yugi practically pass out from exhaustion. IIRC, it's made of gold, & the metal was likely hotter from the fire. At the least, he has good pain tolerance.

That said, I have trouble recalling Yugi having any noticeable offensive options without magic. Can anyone think of any? Seriously asking, for the sake of thorough debate.

As for Red, he may at least has some sort of independent, offensively proactive combat experience. That is, going to the Safari Zone is mandatory, & you can throw rocks/bait at Pokemon. But even with him being based on the game, it's not necessary to interact with any Pokemon in the Safari Zone; You just have to get the Warden's Gold Teeth there.

Nonetheless, we know he has experience throwing rocks to provoke & balls to capture. It might not be his first instinct to throw them at another human -Yugi looks human, that hair aside- but magic aside, his equipment has the better ranged options.

Also, the Poke Flute may make a good battering weapon, & maybe he could stab Yugi with the Lift &/or Secret Key up close.

Other tactics that might not be thought of at first.... When Yugi was trapped in the Seal of the Orichalcos, watching Pharoah about to lose his soul, he lifted the Millenium Puzzle & bashed the... wall of the inside of the seal? He did this to "break the seal" so he could let it take his soul's instead of Atem.

So maybe in a desperate fight to the death, he might think to use his puzzle as a bludgeoning/stabbing weapon, given he's used it to attack the seal. In theory, a chain might be useable as a choking weapon, or to swing the puzzle like a mace.

Unlikely, but possible. XD

Not sure who to vote for, so I'll wait for more input.

I'm not sure Yugi has ever, himself, struck someone who can hurt him. Can anyone think of any instance of him attacking someone else without magic?

I know Joey punched Atem without Yugi's Soul to the ground, but Atem was probably off-balance/unfocused/not-really-resisting in his depressed state. So Joey might be Wall Level physically?

Again, can anyone recall Yugi striking anyone?

Back