• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh Ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would i protest a guy called the One above all? He OBVIOUSLY has that name for a reason. I don't know what a madokami is, but if it has 'kami' in it's name, it's obviously going to be really strong unless it's a Fairy Tail God.

You're talking about Duelist + monsters vs. ___. I'm talking about Monster vs. __. If Spells and traps were legal, than anyone that can move faster than Yugi can draw and/or summon blitz him, so the spell trap legality wouldn't mean a thing because Atem/Yugi isn't likely taking nything a normal human can't, which makes this debate even more ridiculous because it would matter so little you couldn't even use it as a factor. You beat the average human duelist, the planetary monsters are gone because lose by default cuz the battle was Yugi vs. ___

Why, oh WHY would I complain about tier 3C-2A+ characters have atomization. If you're universal/multi-versal and aren't DBZ/DBS, you obviously have some form of hax 7/10 times or more. Atomization isn't worth complaining about when the 9th sense exists. Again, trying to derail the convo.

Yes, everyone has hax, strength and weakness, but to allow BFR, Mind manipulation, and attack redirection/cancelation/destruction and so on because one guy mentioned a spell card that depicated a coffin a monster rested in is ridiculous. Very. A trap allowed a normal Human using a street/city block level monster to deflect a planetary monster' attack. Scale that up to a normal human and planetary monster using the same attack. Ridiculous. In order to beat spell/trap enhanced monsters, you'd need MFTL speed, GER, Time stopping or some other normally considered broken hax, because trying to Kamehameha a MAgic Cylinder ain't happenin' cuz of Game Mechanics hax

Last time i remember, Ajimu and Medaka have as many skills or even more than Yugi and they are is still on the wikia.

Madokami is Madoka Kaname´s God form from Madoka Magica. She became a concept, so it´s a perfect stalemate, since you cannot punch the word "hope" out of the dictionary.

What i mean, there are characters that BFR, and have instakills and you are not really bringing them into "unfair"

Even if they are "unfair", they have the right to be discussed and compared to other characters that are as unfair.

You're right, unfair has to be pit against unfair. Giving the YuGiOh verse access to Spells and Traps would be the same as scaling a whole verse up to tier 5 or higher because of the capability of these spells and traps. While that isn't impossible, it makes no sense, and multiple people, including the mods who have to approve and/or implement it have said it's asinine and decided that it won't be implemented, and if your argument is that 'if there's something broken, what's wrong with making YuGiOh broken?'

that's the same as making the Toriko and OP verse MFTL+ because they were in a special where they fought on par with DBZ. It makes no sense, unbalances everything,and contradicts everything that verse has established on this wiki. If Spells and traps were legal, than all of YuGiOh's lossess would have to be redone because of hax and they would be stomping everyone without Saint Seiya/Madoka level hax. If a street level monster and a human using a single trap beat a planetary being, allowing the same thing to work with said planetary being allows them to redirect energy many, many, many times beyond it, allowing 5-B characters to likely defeat low/no hax 4-A's or 3-C+ perhaps. Completely against the way this wiki functions and how matches should function

@Mikoto Misaka231

You keep on stating that the movies and etc are proof of the cards being real, can you provide the instances in the movies? Also are the movies even canon, btw?

SomebodyData said:
@Mikoto Misaka231
You keep on stating that the movies and etc are proof of the cards being real, can you provide the instances in the movies? Also are the movies even canon, btw?
Yu-Gi-Oh! Piramid of Light:

Between Season 4 and 5 since the Pharaoh is still with Yugi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXg5hogaanw

Duel Monsters Monsters carry a real life wall. (12:30)

"How can we defeat a real monster?" "How else? With a real monster"

Blue Eyes Shining Dragon destroys anubis. (12:55)

"If the monsters are real, so are all their powers...Including this dragon´s ability to destroy any monster"

Yu-Gi-Oh! Bonds Beyond Time: Pre-Season 5 Yugioh, Post-GX and in the middle of 5ds.

It is canon because Yusei references Paradox on Season 4.

Paradox dies from the protagonists´s final attack

Jaden shoots a fireball to the crowd of people thanks to Yubel. (Real world people.)

Either your first feat is a gag feat, or every monster attack that doesn't kill a human makes them street level you do realize that right?

Not to mention, they got defeated by them being by a wall....

Well under your logic that puts them at Tier 9-C with Wall level dura....

Also, the fact that Yugi is even surprised at the fact that the monster is real, shows that he isn't used to it, which begs the question, how did he summon Blue-Eyes?

Its actually better for yugioh's sake if this isn't canon...

Well thats brutal, tho if he survived previous hits, won't that make the monsters that attacked have the ap of...

I finally find a real life feat and THIS happens.

At least, i have finally proven Real Life Duel monsters exists.

Anubis is a real monster, Blue Eyes is a real monster, and by that logic, every monster is real.

It´s over SD.

Oh, and here is a link to the plot of BBT.

Jaden used a real fireball attack with Jubel to scare the audience.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_3D_Bonds_Beyond_Time#Yami_Yugi.2C_Jaden_Yuki_and_Yusei_Fudo_vs._Paradox

"Downgrade" the verse.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Oh man, it´s so funny to see you go for anything at this point like that.

I have proven Yugioh´s monsters are real.

"If the monsters are real, so are all their powers...Including this dragon´s ability to destroy any monster"

"All their powers" refer to BESD´s effect. Which also makes all monster´s effects canon.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
I finally find a real life feat and THIS happens.
At least, i have finally proven Real Life Duel monsters exists. Anubis is a real monster, Blue Eyes is a real monster, and by that logic, every monster is real.

It´s over SD.
I admit it I lose... in keeping Yugioh beyond wall level tier.

Thank you for downgrading Yugioh with this

Please read the post, SD.

This movie takes place before Season 4, so all feats that accour there are now canon thanks to this movie.

Season 5 is still free of charge.

"Oh no! Blue Eyes Cartoon Dragon and Dark Magician Cartoon girl couldn´t carry a wall when Cartoon World was detroyed!"

"It MUST mean YGO is Wall Level! Aha!"

SD, please. You´re embarrasing yourself. I have proven Duel Monsters Real. That´s it.

(Oh, and GUESS what happens in Season 4!)

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Please read the post, SD.
This movie takes place before Season 4, so all feats that accour there are now canon thanks to this movie.

Season 5 is still free of charge.

"Oh no! Blue Eyes Cartoon Dragon and Dark Magician Cartoon girl couldn´t carry a wall when Cartoon World was detroyed!"

"It MUST mean YGO is Wall Level! Aha!"

SD, please. You´re embarrasing yourself. I have proven Duel Monsters Real. That´s it.
B-but literally all of the feats are street - wall level before season 5...

Yes you proved them real....using a wall level feat that killed some of them....

Who is Anubis? Not only was he sealed because he was going to use the shadow games to destroy the world, he effortlessly destroyed Kaiba´s stadium.

Yes you proved them real....using a wall level feat that killed some of them....

CARTOON Dark Magician and CARTOON Blue Eyes. When Cartoon World was destroyed.

Gee, that must mean Anubis is Wall Level. So is Blue Eyes Shining Dragon.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:

Who is Anubis? Not only was he sealed because he was going to use the shadow games to destroy the world, he effortlessly destroyed Kaiba´s stadium.

CARTOON Dark Magician and CARTOON Blue Eyes. When Cartoon World was destroyed.

Gee, that must mean Anubis is Wall Level. So is Blue Eyes Shining Dragon.
  • Toon Dark Magican Girl and Toon Blue eyes
Just thought you should know

You're argueing that the season 4 feat is legit because of this. However, this only proves that 2500 DEF=Wall level under your logic. Additionally any attack that doesn't automatically defeat the player would be street level... (remember cards that add LP?) yeah, nothing less of absurd

...Or we take this as a duo of gag feats, + they already break the established rule that they're only holograms

Not to get off track again, but how did this go from Game Mechanics discussion to the downgrade of the whole verse? we've established, or at least i think we have, that game mechanics like spells, traps and monster effects should be completely ignored unless they do basic things like increase offense and defense, Once more people agreed with that than disagreed with that than disagreed shouldn't this have been locked? Allowing this to go on even though multiple people, including one of the people responsible for the creation of this thread and proposition/debate agreed that Game Mechanics are either too hax or too inconsistence or whatever, the purpose of this thread was realized. allowing it to carry on has lead to light pokemon discussion, off topic derailings to defend this verse and even seemingly a possible downgrade of the whole verse if what I'm reading is to be taken seriously. it's gotten far too out of hand imo

alright, seeing as the majority agree here, it's probably best to lock it then. this page is noted on the Yu-gi-oh verse page for reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back