• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the thread is going in circles. And they don't trust the staff because they're my friends apparently.

two things. One Cheating in the ygo anime is not a reason to outrule the monster effects.

Two Data has not proved any of his claims.

@Raditz lol. Maybe you can make a sequel thread regarding GX after this one (Though I am pretty burnt out)

Yeah, everything in that comment is specifically relating to GX and IMO warrants its own thread because of how many feats and statements are being reinterpreted and identified and also because multiple new profiles would need to be created. If I made a new thread, I'd def include more info and potential revisions as well. (And tbh, I'm gonna review feats and statements in 5Ds and Arc-V along with taking a close look at VRAINS so realistically, over a bit of time I plan on making several threads likely of a very similar form)

In this case, I just kinda dumped it in here because I assumed that's prob what I'm supposed to do when a large revision thread is already active.

He is right, tho.

Its either i get sick of this thread and let Data downgrade the verse or he just accepts he has no longer an argument and lets the darn upgrades happen.

>Current Anime Yugi is 5-A

>Anime Yugi with Monster Effects can reach High 3-A

>Downgrade.

Um. No.

I think the only thing that needs to be discussed here is if Shining Dragon used its effect on the novel or not. The movie was already ruled as non canon, so i dont really care about any of it at this point.

If SHining Dragon used its effect, it means monster effects can be used irl and thus, would scale to High 3-A Obelisk and Wathever tier Knight of Destiny.

And before you say "He wasnt summoned properly the second time!" Who cares. If you are willing to go with that, Teh first episode of the Anime shouldnt be canon by your logic because Kaiba summons Blue Eyes without sacrificing any monsters.

Just, answer me this.

Does SHining Dragon use its effect on the novel.

Yes or no.

Tbh, im just sick of this thread. I do know that Shining dragn uses its effect on the novel, but as long he keeps posting the same argument over and over,its NEVER GOING TO END.

If Data wins, feel happy to know that you didnt won the argument, but just drove me mad enough to no longer care. Dont even message me the result.

If rapid wins, which i hope, let me know.

This is a mess,ut every single one you should take a break.

Now,my opinion? Cheating in the anime is no news. So i dont think that should get in the way for an upgrade.

I just re-read the novel's version of Shining Nova. It works differently than it was depicted outside of the card game.

Even ignoring the fact that Yugi can summon it without tribute:

"Shining Nova

By offering this card as a sacrifice, you can destroy any card on the field."

Shining Nova not only destroys the dragon but also the card of the Dragon, and in the novel Shining Nova destroyed the Pyramid's Red Eye as well as Monster Anubis when the card effect states a singular card.

That's three differences from card game Shining Dragon's card effect and Shining Dragon post-card game.

@Sosefu I agree, although this is outside the card game, "cheating" isn't a viable argument at this point.

Oh wait. I just realized something.

Since this is the novel, why would Shining Nova's anime effect be used?

If anything, this means Shining dragon should have a novel exclusive version.

Does the novel state the effects of Shining dragon in any way? If it doesnt go into any more detail that "sacrifice and dedtroy cards", it would also explain things like its summoning conditions.

That's the effect I was using actually, here's the full effect (Quoted from the novel):

"Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon: Sacrifice Ultimate to summon the mightiest dragon!

"Shining Burst"

Increase its attack power by 300 for each Dragon-type in your Cemetery.

"Shining Flare"

The player can choose whether to have the effects of a Magic, Trap, or Monster that target this card affect it or not. "Shining Nova"

By offering this card as a sacrifice, you can destroy any card on the field."

They are similar, huh.

Anyways, since i also dont think cheating should be that much of a counter argument to having Monster effects work in real life, i dont see why we should continue this discussion any further.

Does anyone have anything else to argue before we move on to GX?

I'm not arguing cheating? Its not even in the card game to begin with. If its outside the card game (irl as you guys want) then its blatantly ignoring the very effects that is being argued for.

Wait, dude.

Do you think we are arguing for Shining Dragon´s tier?

No, no.

Its because monsters having effects irl scales to Infinite Obelisk and Beyond Infinity Knight of Destiny.

I will make a list, and you tell me what you are not okay with, because this discussion has no direction.

1.-Monster Effects can be used irl because Shining Dragon could do so in a Dark Game.

2.-Magic and Trap effects can be used irl by scaling to SHining Dragon.

3.-Novel Shining Dragon is different than Anime Shining Dragon based on the media.

4.-If Monster effects are real, this should scale to Obelisk and Knight of Destiny and thus, to AP.

1. Because in the same movie, it contradicts the description three times. And before one says it was cheating, a reminder here that the card burning itself up and destroying more than it should is not cheating, its straight up new abilities. Additionally, why would Yugi cheat summon it but not cheat his way around destroying the monster? Not to mention it is the sole example as well when there are other cards that do not even remotely follow the effects.

2. Well it is contradicted by Marik using Chain Energy (It just binds several people outside of it, when it should be sucking their life force without restricting them.), and there were other examples but I would probably have to look through the thread again.

Bois, Im closing this, its about to reach 500 replies. If you want to continue the discussion, create a second part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back