• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yhwach's powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
yhwach did not select a timeline in which he didn't die he clearly stated the he rewrote his own death.

by altering the future.

Yhwach can't be killed as long as The Almighty activated. Latest chapter has confirmed that. He has actually died at first attack but Ichigo couldn't stop The Almighty hence Yhwach has revived from his death.

I agree this , Yhwach "rewrite" his death through future , It isn't " Can undo his own death by selecting a timeline in which he did not die "

So someone with time manipulation can easily overpower the Almighty.

^i dont think that he can do it with the present since it would be like he warps reality similar to gremmy :/ but i guess even than he would be to stupid to use it like gremmy did :(

I do think that it should be changed because he said that he rewrote his death, not undid it by selecting a different time line. I'm fact, he's never said that he selects different timelines. He changes the future to be whatever he wants.

i always felt that his ability should be in jojo bizzare adventure but in bleach it felt way to broken to fight that and it is sad because he was a great villain for bleach to end with.

Well, at least Kyouka Suigetsu proved that the Almighty is not foolproof/illusionproof.

Considering the perfect hypnosis worked and that Yhwach only came back AFTER the effect from Kyouka Suigetsu had worn off...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's safe to say stuff like a good enough Genjutsu (Mangekyou Sharingan? Infinite Tsukuyomi?) could do the trick. Not that I see that many characters on his tier pulling something like that before being pwned by his superior hax.

Seriously, I hope I don't offend anyone with this, but Yhwach always sounded to me like that stupid overpowered OC (abundant in fanfiction), one of those the creator just makes and gives bullsh** powers just for the sake of "Ooohh, look how strong he is!", sacrificing the storytelling and everything else in the process.

@FateAlbane Kyoka Suigetsu only worked because it was activated in the past/before he was using the almighty here if he tried using it after he had his powers on I don't think it would of worked

But wasn't Yhwach using the Almighty for quite some time, while still being under the influence of Kyouka Suigetsu? I was assuming if The Almighty could nullify its effects or outright surpass the illusion/hypnosis, then as soon as Yhwach activated it, he should be free from the influence of the sword.

EDIT: Since that didn't happen and it actuallly took Aizen telling him he was being fooled + Ichigo cutting him in half + Kyouka's effect deactivating before he could react...

Ya know, like he did against that guy with the Ink (forgot his name). As soon as his powers were diminished, he used his hax to go back to full potential. While against KS he couldn't do that or even perceive its effects on him until it was "too late".

Nah, Yhwachs power is to manipulate the future, since the requirements for KS were done in the past he can't undo it. Similiar to why Tsukishima could change the past and fix Ichigos bankai

Aizen basically has Kyoka Suigetsu acting like a filter around Yhwach's Almighty, defracting what he sees in the future slightly to change what he sees. Yhwach can still see the future, but he has to look through the Kyoka Suigetsu lens first.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Honestly, i don't know how were going use Yhwach in any versus threads after all this is over
True. To me he looks like that character who either stomps or gets stomped.

@LordAizenSama Ah, now I understand. Indeed, that makes sense. Still, that means that in a versus battle, assuming Yhwach doesn't start with Almighty activated yet, he can be caught by a character with superior speed, or with a powerful enough hax, right?

If so, then it really looks like he is a sort of character who either stomps or gets stomped, at least for me.

@Fate Yeah thats right, he will have to actually deal with hax the normal way and not lulzISeeDaFuturesoGG

The funniest part of this was his death.

"Mah Unlimited Powah got sealed for an instant!"

• gets killed*
Here's where things get funny. The first time he actually got killed, BUT he still used his power to rewrite his death with "the All my time". Now, he gets killed again. Right, he couldn't use his powers for an instant, buuuuut! Since the almighty still works even though he is dead (as he proved in his first death), shouldn't the power come back after that instant, allowing Yhwach to come back again, DESPITE being dead?

Oh, well. Been trying to figure that out. Realized there's probably no logical answer.

@LordAizenSama Could you check over if the wording of Yhwach's immortality power is acceptable, and if not, change it?

FateAlbane said:
The funniest part of this was his death.
"Mah Unlimited Powah got sealed for an instant!"

• gets killed*
Here's where things get funny. The first time he actually got killed, BUT he still used his power to rewrite his death with "the All my time". Now, he gets killed again. Right, he couldn't use his powers for an instant, buuuuut! Since the almighty still works even though he is dead (as he proved in his first death), shouldn't the power come back after that instant, allowing Yhwach to come back again, DESPITE being dead?

Oh, well. Been trying to figure that out. Realized there's probably no logical answer.
There were two different situation between the first attack and second one. Ichigo killed him at first attack but failed to stop The Almighty hence Yhwach was revived again. At second attack, Uryuu's arrow managed to stop Yhwach's power and ability instantly. If Ichigo can permanently kill Yhwach with that second attack then we can assume that in order to defeat Yhwach, The Almighty should be stopped first.

^which means that in future vs battles ywach always needs to be in base in order for the enemy to even have a a chance of winning, otherwise he wont die or get BFRed or whatever :/

^he already has this written: Immortality (Can undo his own death by rewriting the future to one where he did not die )

and type 8 immortality is defined like this: 8: Reliant Immortality: The power to be immortal so long as a certain object, person, concept etc. exists.

but ywach isnt really "relying" on the future, i think the best way is to simply let it like now, it is also easier to understand for people who didnt read bleach :)

Clorox92 said:
There were two different situation between the first attack and second one. Ichigo killed him at first attack but failed to stop The Almighty hence Yhwach was revived again. At second attack, Uryuu's arrow managed to stop Yhwach's power and ability instantly. If Ichigo can permanently kill Yhwach with that second attack then we can assume that in order to defeat Yhwach, The Almighty should be stopped first.
That's where it doesn't make sense. If the effects of the Almighty can still be used despite Yhwach being dead, it should make no difference that the power got neutralized for an instant and then he got killed. Because if the power can still function/be used even if the user is dead, the Almighty would still be activated after the instant of nullification whether Yhwach was dead or not, rewritting his death yet again. LOL If that doesn't happen in the next chapter, it's PIS to the fullest.

That's where it doesn't make sense. If the effects of the Almighty can still be used despite Yhwach being dead, it should make no difference that the power got neutralized for an instant and then he got killed. Because if the power can still function/be used even if the user is dead, the Almighty would still be activated after the instant of nullification whether Yhwach was dead or not, rewritting his death yet again. LOL If that doesn't happen in the next chapter, it's PIS to the fullest.

The almighty was desactivated when he revive himself. He only had one pupil on his eyes when he revived himself, and not 3 as when the Almighty is on. Which means that's a weakness, he has to wait a limited time in order to used again after each dead, thats why he couldn't see the arrow or change anything.

Yhwach: I can even rewrite futures in which I have died!

Aizen: But that makes no sense, you were already dead!

Yhwach: What are you saying?

Aizen: You said it yourself: Your power alters the future, it can't interfere with the past. Considering you were already dead as you admitted, you should NOT be able to rewrite the future where you're dead, because in THE PAST, you already died!

Yhwach: Eh, I... You... He... Kurosaki... AlmighRRRRRGHHH

• Yhwach realizes just how broken and b*llsh** his hax really is and finally dies trying to comprehend his own powers and finding it too much even for his mind. The end. *

@HokageMangaVox Seriously speaking now, that could make sense, but I'm not a Bleach expert or anything so I'll wait for some more input on this one.

I don't play LOL, but I heard of a certain skill called Chronoshift which revives the character or something as long as it's in effect during the moment of death. Maybe the Almighty works like a Chronoshift in that sense, if the skill is activated atm of death, Yhwach can come back, if not, he dies.

But we'll have to wait for the next chapter anyways, just to make sure he's dead for real now.

HokageMangaVox said:
The almighty was desactivated when he revive himself. He only had one pupil on his eyes when he revived himself, and not 3 as when the Almighty is on. Which means that's a weakness, he has to wait a limited time in order to used again after each dead, thats why he couldn't see the arrow or change anything.

Not really. The Almighty was still activated when he revived himself. The fact he couldn't see that arrow is because of Uryuu's Antithesis. Remember when Hastchwald tried to used The Almighty on him but failed and he admitted that The Antithesis is the perfect counter against Yhwach's Almighty. Not to mention, even Ryuken himself said that Uryuu should be the one who shot the arrow since he knew Antithesis.

HokageMangaVox said:
imagine how awesome it would be if kubo explains it :/

but either it is "plot" or a real timelimit similar to the sasukes eye-hax stuff that also required time to "recharge"...

until now i guess it is stupidity :(

@cloro

from where did the parents have the knowledge of ishidas power? but i guess it is simply another plothole...not like it would make any significant change about the amount of BS bleach turned into :I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back