• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Been interested in God of War recently, and so I figured I'd find a matchup. Hopefully this won't go too badly.

Base Zeus vs Soul King Yhwach, Low 2-C keys and Speed equal. Yhwach does not have his optional Schrifts

Zeus goes pew pew with lightning: 0

Something Something Almighty: 0

Well, whoever wins it's gonna be a god: 0

Last edited:
Yhwach mega stomps, base Zeus is fodder

A quick glance at both their profiles should tell you this isn't remotely fair.
Yeah, I figured that might have been the case. I was tempted to use Fear Zeus, but then the stomp would be on him due to AE

Wait, if Kratos won against him then wouldn't Zeus have a chance too? Or was it a case where powers Kratos has but Zeus doesn't gave him specific advantages Zeus wouldn't have?
Kratos wins because he has tons of resistances. Which Zeus lacks.
Most importantly Precog, Fate manip and those kind of stuff.

In-verse Kratos and Zeus are equal because they're equal in strength and Zeus resists all that Kratos has, which while impressive isn't enough.

Kratos wins because he has tons of resistances. Which Zeus lacks.
Most importantly Precog, Fate manip and those kind of stuff.

In-verse Kratos and Zeus are equal because they're equal in strength and Zeus resists all that Kratos has, which while impressive isn't enough.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. I'll probably find another matchup for Zeus then.

When did Kratos beat Yhwach? Yhwach beats any version of Kratos, be that GoW3 or GoW 4 Kratos.

Hell, he'd solo the verse if not for AE Type 1.

Zeus manipulates concepts predating anything Almighty is capable of affecting, so he really doesn't need resistance imo.

He could, very easily, seal or nullify Yhwach's power.

I don't know why I have to be the one to point this out though. I'm not even a GOW fan.

Zeus manipulates concepts predating anything Almighty is capable of affecting, so he really doesn't need resistance imo.

I don't know why I have to be the one to point this out though. I'm not even a GOW fan.
Maybe I should have read this before making the new thread, lol. Either way if this is true then I can see this being salvaged.

Base Zeus's CM Type 1 isn't shown to be combat applicable.

And even if it were, Zeus dies a million times over before he can even think to do that.

Base Zeus's CM Type 1 isn't shown to be combat applicable.

And even if it were, Zeus dies a million times over before he can even think to do that.
From what's on his profile, Kratos has type 1 concept resistance literally because Zeus's didn't work against him (So that kinda implies it can be used in a fight but idk, only ever played 1 GOW game a long time ago)

I must also clarify that I don't know GoW scaling super well and only wanted to use the characters because I've been playing the games through. I did obviously give Zeus's profile a good read through before making this (I've already read Yhwach's a few times for other reasons).

From what's on his profile, Kratos has type 1 concept resistance literally because Zeus's didn't work against him (So that kinda implies it can be used in a fight but idk, only ever played 1 GOW game a long time ago)
That's Fear Zeus, not base Zeus, which doesn't even matter in the first place since that Zeus has AE Type 1, which Yhwach can't interact with.

Wait, if Kratos won against him then wouldn't Zeus have a chance too? Or was it a case where powers Kratos has but Zeus doesn't gave him specific advantages Zeus wouldn't have?
Well you can't always rock paper scissors logic, as Gilver stated Kratos won cause his resistances. Zeus shouldn't have all Kratos resistances just cause he's as strong (for some reason, but that's how it's treated)

When did Kratos beat Yhwach? Yhwach beats any version of Kratos, be that GoW3 or GoW 4 Kratos.

images_8.jpeg

He did a few months ago right before They were downgraded then upgraded. That's 🧢 btw

Yhwach would get squashed like a bug in God of War

Last edited:
He did a few months ago right before They were downgraded then upgraded. That's 🧢 btw

Yhwach would get squashed like a bug in God of War
Yhwach has never lost to Kratos, only one thread has non Schrifts Yhwach losing to Kratos, and that's because nobody knowledgeable on Yhwach defended him, and even then, that match wasn't added to the profiles because it's invalid, Yhwach negs Kratos, like with almost zero difficulty.

Who in GoW is squashing Yhwach like a bug?

The Primordials? They're trash, essentially bricks with virtually zero combat feats.

The Olympians? Only one that stands a chance is Zeus and solely due to his AE, take that away and he becomes just another fodder.

The Titans? Yeah no, even weaker than Zeus

The Norse Gods? Far weaker than their Greek counterparts

GoW isn't as strong a verse as you seem to think it is.
I mean that's not a sentient (is it?) being, but his claim is false anyway. Yhwach wouldn't make it past Hermes
Either joking or straight trolling, Hermes has to be in the top five weakest 3-A/Low 2-C/2-C's on this wiki.

Last edited:
Yhwach has never lost to Kratos, only one thread has Kratos losing to non Schrifts Yhwach, and that's because nobody knowledgeable on Yhwach defended him, and even then, that match wasn't added to the profiles because it's invalid, Yhwach negs Kratos, like with almost zero difficulty.
Buddy, If you think so You can debate that here. It was added to the profiles. It was removed cuz the bleach downgrades
Who in GoW is squashing Yhwach like a bug
Hermes, and literally everyone else who scale to him and above him
The Primordials? They're trash, essentially bricks with virtually zero combat feats.
Are we... Really doing this in 2021? Morpheus merging two realms? Creating the universe with blows?
The Olympians? Only one that stands a chance is Zeus and solely due to his AE, take that away and he becomes just another fodder.
No. All of them would assclap Yhwach. You know why? Cause they're INFINITE speed. Yhwach would be a rock to 90% of the verse. He's only FTL+. You said "would". If using a "would" situation, he'd be ******. Cause of "would" no VSBW rules or anything like that. No speed equalized or stats overall equalized, just "would", meaning how they are.

They have numerous 2-C feats. In actuality, Yhwach wouldn't even be able to scratch Zeus without Hax. He'd be unsuccessful even attempting to. Because of dun dun dun infinite speed. There is no "take that away" you said "would" can he Regen or ressurect? Cause he'd be dead with one blow.
The Norse Gods? Far weaker than their Greek counterparts
Never stated. Only weaker than Zeus, and that's just Thor and Baldur. It's been implied that Odin is on par with Zeus by the animation director on Twitter.
Yhwach isn't strong enough to solo GOW as I seem to think.
Fixed that for ya. If you wish to debate this, your input would be gladly appreciated Here. I'll put the link here one more time. Also never said GOW characters are unbeatable or anything even remotely like that. Just that Yhwach soloing the verse is bullshit

Hermes, and literally everyone else who scale to him and above him

Are we... Really doing this in 2021? Morpheus merging two realms? Creating the universe with blows?

No. All of them would assclap Yhwach. You know why? Cause they're INFINITE speed. Yhwach would be a rock to 90% of the verse. He's only FTL+. You said "would". If using a "would" situation, he'd be ******. Cause of "would" no VSBW rules or anything like that. No speed equalized or stats overall equalized, just "would", meaning how they are.

They have numerous 2-C feats. In actuality, Yhwach wouldn't even be able to scratch Zeus without Hax. He'd be unsuccessful even attempting to. Because of dun dun dun infinite speed. There is no "take that away" you said "would" can he Regen or ressurect? Cause he'd be dead with one blow.

Never stated. Only weaker than Zeus, and that's just Thor and Baldur. It's been implied that Odin is on par with Zeus by the animation director on Twitter.

Fixed that for ya. If you wish to debate this, your input would be gladly appreciated Here. I'll put the link here one more time. Also never said GOW characters are unbeatable or anything even remotely like that. Just that Yhwach soloing the verse is bullshit
This Hermes?

Like, are we seeing the same thing? If you seriously think he stands even the remotest chance against Yhwach, then frankly, maybe its time you quit debating, might not be your thing.

Speed gets equalized in literally any battle here, obviously I was arguing under that assumption, regardless, Yhwach still negs most with infinite speed due to fate hax.

You seem to be under the impression that AP matters, it doesn't, hax matters against Yhwach, of which GoW is fodder in comparison.

Yhwach does solo the verse, with the exception of Fear Zeus, due to his AE, and Yggdrasil if you want to count that as a character, which it isn't.

Like, are we seeing the same thing? If you seriously think he stands even the remotest chance against Yhwach, then frankly, maybe its time you quit debating, might not be your thing
Calm down lol. I was just joking lmfao.
Speed gets equalized in literally any battle here, obviously I was arguing under that assumption, regardless, Yhwach still negs most with infinite speed due to fate hax.
You said "he'd solo the verse if not for AE" I wasn't aware you meant here. You speak as if GOW doesn't have its own fate Hax and characters that resist it, and even characters that might a higher level of fate Hax, the next gow will likely feature this ability as the norns, basically the Nordic sisters of fate, will be in the game.
You seem to be under the impression that AP matters, it doesn't, hax matters against Yhwach, of which GoW is fodder in comparison.
It does matter. Hax matters equally in this case and that's worse for him cuz he has almost nothing GOW doesn't.
Yhwach does solo the verse, with the exception of Fear Zeus, due to his AE, and Yggdrasil if you want to count that as a character, which it isn't.
That doesn't even make sense cuz he's not even the only character with AE.

But let's not derail this guy (or girl's or person's) thread debating this. I have one which you can check out if you like and you can state your reasons just fine

Back