• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also in no possible universe does seeing all the possibilities the future can unfold as at present translates to the world having countless timelines or you having countless alternates. And even if it had, which sounds ridiculous, it would still be countless vs endless, rendering it just as moot.

What even *is* this match.

Axl233 said:
Yhwah can also see himself getting BFR then he either chose a future were that dint happen or gain resistence to it.
He can't if the person BFRing him is in an another universe. That Lavos would BFR him regardless of any change Yhwach does in his universe.

FateAlbane said:
Also in no possible universe does seeing all the possibilities the future can unfold as at present translates to the world having countless timelines or you having countless alternates.
And even if it had, which sounds ridiculous, it would still be countless vs endless, rendering it just as moot.

What even *is* this match.
That's the whole point of the analogy. That the timeline diverges into countless options, countless futures.

Saying stuff akin to, "there are as many possibilities as there are grains of sand." That there are that many possible futures out there. That when making a choice you, "jump from one grain of sand to another". Implies that there is a future, or are multiple futures where a person doesn't make a choice which changes their future.

And honestly speaking, I don't understand why we consider Countless different from Endless. They are synonyms of each other and mean the exact same thing everywhere except here for reasons I don't understand.

But whatever, Yhwach's range with the Almighty wasn't what was his viable option to fight Lavos was in the first place.

He can't if the person BFRing him is in an another universe. That Lavos would BFR him regardless of any change Yhwach does in his universe.

He doesnt need to see Lavos from another universe,all he has to do is see himself getting poped out of existence and gain a resistence to it.

Thats how his power works.

Yobo Blue said:
Countless has never equaled endless on the wiki.
I know that, I said that countless and endless are synonyms in the dictionary, and that I don't get why that wouldn't be the case here.

Countless = So much shit I couldn't count

Endless = So much shit that there's actually no end.

Not at all. Yhwach sees how many different ways the time can unfold and selects X accordingly.

That doesn't mean at all that are countless futures and timelines simultaneously happening, much less that there are countless alt yhwachs that may do anything about it to help each other or be like a single/shared goal with the one we see either.

Bleach has *never* done anything to imply multiple timelines on the order of countless ones existing simultaneously.

Either way, unless someone gets a revision past to suddenly give Yhwach Multiversal+ range, my point stands, yes.

Axl233 said:
He doesnt need to see Lavos from another universe,all he has to do is see himself getting poped out of existence and gain a resistence to it.

Problem is, Yhwach would need to display resistance to Erasure that's on the level of deleting timelines whole + show Multiversal+ teleportation to come back from it by travelling from one non-existing multiverse to the existing one for that to fly.

Axl233 said:

I am pretty sure you can't become resistant to BFR - you can just come back from it. Which is out of Yhwach's range to do so.

I am not sure if Lavos can do it, but if he can, and Yhwach takes his form via both parts of The Yourself, he should then be able to come back as Lavos.

He still gets stomped via 2-A absorption, Yhwach isn't copying that.

This match actually feels horrible to me and I'm considering ending my friendship with cal for DMing me about it asking for input, actually.

Cal has numerous times admitted he likes to make bad threads for fun.

Kaltias said:
They aren't though.
Endless means without end.

Countless means too big to count.

Try to count every bacteria on the planet and you'll find out that there are countless of them, but they are not infinite in number
What? That's wrong.

You can count how many bacteria there are because that number would be finite, granted it would be a really big ******* number that seems countless and would probably take an unbelievable amount of time to count all of them, but it wouldn't truly be countless.

What you can't count to is infinity, because you can always add one more - the same doesn't apply to the bacteria, as they have an end.

When people say that there are and endless or countless amount of something, it being hyperoblic most of the time, but the words are interchangable.

"Countless" generally means you'd lose count before you'd ever complete the number. You can try and count all the bacteria in the world but you'd forget what number you're at soon enough.

"Endless" means there is literally no end to the amount of stuff.

No thread of Cal before this one ever bothered me but this one.

This one has me a teensy bit on the ugh side because I told him the idea felt nonsensical to me beforehand for reasons already expanded upon and some others.

Actually, if he made it and didn't notify me for input I probably wouldn't have bothered but that added so much points to my WHYmometer...

Pretty sure countless is more due to human limitation. You can't count to a quadrillion because you would die before completing that. Meanwhile, endless is literally "with no end"

Anyway, Yhwach uses some power, Lavos from another timeline BFRs or uses or does some other stuff from infinite universes away.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
"Countless" generally means you'd lose count before you'd ever complete the number. You can try and count all the bacteria in the world but you'd forget what number you're at soon enough.
"Endless" means there is literally no end to the amount of stuff.
No endless means there is seemingly no end to the amount of stuff, while countless means there are so many of an amount of stuff that it seemingly isn't countable.

They mean the same thing - again, they're both used hyperbolically because nothing in this world is endless or countless, but they are, in fact, synonyms.

I agree that this is a hax stomp in Lavos' favor; most of Yhwach's hax is dependant on his precognition; which is in turn useless against Acausality Type 2 or above; Lavos has Type 3. Plus it's finite because Countless =/= Endless and there are blatant timelines he can't see InB4 someone brings up the infamous arrow .

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I agree that this is a hax stomp in Lavos' favor; most of Yhwach's hax is dependant on his precognition; which is in turn useless against Acausality Type 2 or above; Lavos has Type 3. Plus it's finite because Countless =/= Endless and there are blatant timelines he can't see InB4 someone brings up the infamous arrow .
Yhwach's win-con was going to be The Yourself, a Sternritter power that has nothing to do with his precognition until someone brought up that Lavos has smurf powers that Yhwach wouldn't be able to copy.

Either way the point we can all agree in now is that this is stomp, though each one's reasons for saying so may vary. So this should just never have been made closed.

G6n9nvt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back