• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet Another Scribblenauts CRT. (Finally some good resistances)

ShionAH

He/Him
So yeah Resistance additions to Maxwell and maybe a durability addition

Mind Manipulation: He is not effected by his own Mind hax and Necronomicon (Which transmutate and mind hax people)

Sleep Manipulation Maxwell is not effected by the "sleeping" adjective

Emphathic/Morality Manipulation: Is not effected by adjectives such as "angry, friendly, sad"

Petrification/Transmutation: Can still move when he is given adjective of "stoned" which make other characters turn completely stone and paralyze them, he is not effected by necronomicon and the wand

Radiation Manipulation: Can survive near a nuclear bomb, is not effected by the "radioactive" adjective

Madness Manipulation/Fear Manipulation: Cannot be turned mad or crazy or scared or fearful

Status Effect Inducement: He cannot be blinded

Paralysis Inducement: Even if you apply the adjective paralyzed on to yourself you can still move

Against the “Maxwell is not effecting himself on purpose, Maxwell cannot effect himself unless he needs to”

Well how do you explain the sleep hax which actually make effects on Maxwell but he resists the sleeping part, what about the petrification hax? It literally turns him into stone showing it works but Maxwell still moves. What about the EE and Death hax that both work and kill Maxwell why would those be needed?

For some references see here

Here I uploaded the video

Agree: 7
(
@Larssx @ShockingPsychic @ExSENNA @Barbar01 @Dragonite007 @DarkDragonMedeus @Propellus)
Disagree: 1 (@Eficiente)
Neutral: 1 (@LephyrTheRevanchist)

Last edited:
He cannot be blinded but Idk what ability this falls under

you agree with the CRT?

I suppose this is fine if he can affect himself with other stuff, but these specifically don't work.
Actually its on his profile so do I need the scans?

Power Bestowal (By granting others or himself adjectives, he can bestow upon himself a variety of powers)
Holy Manipulation (Can apply 'holy' to others and himself, causing them to become holy themselves)
Invisibility (Can go invisible with certain adjectives)
Regeneration (Low-Mid. He can apply regenerative adjectives to himself)

Theres more but these are enough to prove he can effect himself

Actually its on his profile so do I need the scans?

Power Bestowal (By granting others or himself adjectives, he can bestow upon himself a variety of powers)
Holy Manipulation (Can apply 'holy' to others and himself, causing them to become holy themselves)
Invisibility (Can go invisible with certain adjectives)
Regeneration (Low-Mid. He can apply regenerative adjectives to himself)

Theres more but these are enough to prove he can effect himself
would be better to get the scans for everything, actually

Big NO to the arguement "Well maybe he just doesn't effect himself on purpose!" because Maxwell can still be death haxed or EEd if he adds the adjectives to himself.

No need to ridicule the argument you disagree with. It's still wrong, Maxwell still isn't affecting himself with his own powers. The reason why he can affect himself with some other powers is because doing so has a purpose, this is common in gameplay; You affect yourself in powers when doing so can have some benefit, and you don't when it's pointless. This is the equivalent to say that Kirby is resistant to fire because Fire Kirby can cover himself in fire, and that it must be that he isn't immune to his own powers because he can blow himself up as Bomb Kirby, to give one example. Even outside of games, the same happens in movies, series, etc. Something invalid was used to justify something wrong.

No need to ridicule the argument you disagree with.
Sorry eficiente ^^
It's still wrong, Maxwell still isn't affecting himself with his own powers.
Yes he is not effected by these haxes.
The reason why he can affect himself with some other powers is because doing so has a purpose,
Wrong as blinding yourself also has a purpose and the other adjectives also have a purpose. I dont get the point here ngl.
this is common in gameplay; You affect yourself in powers when doing so can have some benefit, and you don't when it's pointless.
So dying benefits Maxwell?
This is the equivalent to say that Kirby is resistant to fire because Fire Kirby can cover himself in fire,
I mean that makes sense. William afton had those resistance because of his skins being covered in fire/toxic waste etc.
and that it must be that he isn't immune to his own powers because he can blow himself up as Bomb Kirby, to give one example. Even outside of games, the same happens in movies, series, etc. Something invalid was used to justify something wrong.
What. Why are you using whataboutism anyways?

Wrong as blinding yourself also has a purpose and the other adjectives also have a purpose. I dont get the point here ngl.
You don't understand my point, I'm saying that the reason why he can affect himself with certain powers is because doing so has a purpose, meaning that you pointing out other powers that he can affect himself with also having a purpose is in line with that idea. The point is that he has some control of when to affect himself and when not, and most of the time that he does affect himself there is a reason to it, hence he does it.
So dying benefits Maxwell?
You are thinking this too extremely, that some don't have a purpose doesn't mean that it must be that he is affecting himself with all of them and the powers that don't affect him show how he is resistent to them. He can screw himself up with some because they made it so he can screw himself up with some.
I mean that makes sense. William afton had those resistance because of his skins being covered in fire/toxic waste etc.
Don't know who that is nor his context.
What. Why are you using whataboutism anyways?
Just because you know what whataboutism is that doesn't mean you know how to apply it properly, I didn't say that other verse doesn't do this & that thus it must be that neither should this one, I gave one example to better show how nonsensical this was while leaving clear that this is a very common thing that happens. Sometimes characters affect themselves with their own powers, sometimes they don't, sometimes there is a purpose to it, sometimes there isn't. It's still more sensical to conclude "sometimes he doesn't affect himself" than to conclude "he's always trying to affect himself, but he has a resistance to some of his own powers", the latter takes far more speculation.

I agree with the OP. The game shows us that he isn't effected by these things specifically, and that other negative adjectives do actually effect him. Given this specific bunch are resisted, but others aren't, is enough for me to believe it was intentional.

I agree with the OP. The game shows us that he isn't effected by these things specifically, and that other negative adjectives do actually effect him. Given this specific bunch are resisted, but others aren't, is enough for me to believe it was intentional.
I don't think it was necessarily intentional. I do agree with Eficiente when looking at it from a game design perspective. Like, indeed, what purpose would have blinding Maxwell. There isn't a puzzle nor anything clever done with it. So why program him being affected?

The question should be if we should ignore game design's intent for the purpose of indexing what we see being done. Maxwell does affect himself with adjective. But these specific ones don't.

I switch to neutral, is a thing more to do with site standards than anything concrete (since I'm going to assume the game doesn't elaborate on this, else it would've been brought up).

I don't think it was necessarily intentional. I do agree with Eficiente when looking at it from a game design perspective. Like, indeed, what purpose would have blinding Maxwell. There isn't a puzzle nor anything clever done with it. So why program him being affected?
You cannot solve any puzzles by killing yourself, plus these actually effect Maxwell since they appear in his adjectives text but since he resist them it doesnt work
You don't understand my point, I'm saying that the reason why he can affect himself with certain powers is because doing so has a purpose, meaning that you pointing out other powers that he can affect himself with also having a purpose is in line with that idea. The point is that he has some control of when to affect himself and when not, and most of the time that he does affect himself there is a reason to it, hence he does it.
He literally effects himself in the blind and sleeping adjective by having a sleep effect and glasses but Maxwell is not entirely effected showing some kind of resistance
You are thinking this too extremely, that some don't have a purpose doesn't mean that it must be that he is affecting himself with all of them and the powers that don't affect him show how he is resistent to them. He can screw himself up with some because they made it so he can screw himself up with some.
Okay? I still cannot see anything you say debunking this proof
Don't know who that is nor his context.
Which shows you using kirby as an arguement is also stupid as I dont know how kirby works too
Just because you know what whataboutism is that doesn't mean you know how to apply it properly, I didn't say that other verse doesn't do this & that thus it must be that neither should this one, I gave one example to better show how nonsensical this was while leaving clear that this is a very common thing that happens. Sometimes characters affect themselves with their own powers, sometimes they don't, sometimes there is a purpose to it, sometimes there isn't. It's still more sensical to conclude "sometimes he doesn't affect himself" than to conclude "he's always trying to affect himself, but he has a resistance to some of his own powers", the latter takes far more speculation.
Show me a scene where he doesnt effect himself on purpose. Basically every adjective actually effects you since they appear in your adjectives text but some of them dont actually do something to Maxwell. Saying Maxwell randomly can make it so the adjectives that are applied to him are nullified because he wants to but doesnt nullify literal death is just so wrong.

Back