• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet again... another KN8 CRT

Note: If anyone wants to check out the chapters for themselves to see the full context, here is a link to Mangaplus where the chapters are free.

Yes, I'm back once again with another CRT on this series. What a surprise. I honestly lost count I have made and that is just for this month alone. This will probably the biggest one I have done so far on this series. This will mostly center around Kaiju No. 9 due to how prominent he been in recent chapters and one bit for Number Weapon Users like Isao. With that out of the way, let us once again begin:

• Reactive Evolution for Kaiju No. 9
This starts from Chapter 38 where Kaiju No. 9 molted his body into a new improved body, more muscular than the original. Not to mention that he displayed brand new abilities like the ability to sense Kaiju, combine with other Kaiju and regrow his entire body from that of an ant-Kaiju, not to mention his actions becoming unpredictable, as well as his old previous abilities from before being vastly improved in a short period of time (These scans are from 43 and 44).

• Damage Boost for Kaiju No. 9
By charging his attacks as well as duplicating it like this til it gets huge as shown in Chapter 18 and Chapter 43

• High-Mid Regeneration
Need to see whether these are evidence of High-Mid Regeneration. The first is this scene in Chapter 18 where due to Kafka's mega punch, Kaiju No. 9's body was torn, with him having to do everything to keep himself together and the next chapter where he is shown regenerating his entire body. Then we have in Chapter 43 where he could grow his body from that of an ant-type Kaiju. Are these both instances of High-Mid?

• Kilometers Range for Post Molt Kaiju No. 9’s powers
During Chapter 43, KN9 is reviving monsters across a far distance. My assumption as to what the black circle area represents is what I believe to be the massive sinkhole, which is calculated here to be 305m, where the majority of the Kaiju are coming from. I had a friend do a quick calc (thanks KT!) on the range and he got about 2209.406 or 2.2km.

• Extrasensory Perception for Post Molt Kaiju No. 9
In Chapter 43, No. 9 seems to have developed the ability to now sense Kaiju when previously he could not.

• Fusionism for Post Molt Kaiju No. 9
Kaiju No. 9 is able to fuse his body with that of a new kaiju, to enter a new powerful form in Chapter 43.

• Duplication for Post Molt Kaiju No. 9
Kaiju No. 9 is able to create duplicates of himself by splitting himself in two in Chapter 43

• Resistance to Analytical Prediction for Post Molt Kaiju No. 9
Kikoru, who could previously perceived his tells and teach someone to read and predict his attacks in Chapter 16, stated that she can't predict his actions in Chapter 44

• Enhanced Senses - Multiple Vision for Post Molt Kaiju No. 9
Post Molt Kaiju No. 9 can grow another head to see in two directions at once in Chapter 44.

• Large Size (Type 0) for Post Molt Kaiju No. 9
When fused with the Ant-type Kaiju, he should get this as the Ant Kaiju is much larger than regular humans in Chapter 41

• Surface Scaling for Post Molt Kaiju No. 9
When fused with the Ant-type Kaiju, he could crawl on wall in Chapter 44

• Acid Manipulation or Corrosion Inducement
When fused with the Ant-type Kaiju, KN9 should be able to use their spit attack that could do this in Chapter 42.

• Weakness for Number Weapon Users
Apparently, using the Numbers shave years off your life, thus repeated usage can be dangerous in Chapter 44

Last edited:
Everything looks fine, I only have two things to address...

For Regeneration, I don't think it applies for High-Mid. It's structure is still their, but most of it's flesh and other stuff is gone but we can still see it's head is intact and connected to it's torso area. It's limbs are nearly gone as well. I'd argue at least Low-Mid...

Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, and even from severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage.

As for the range, I'm not good with calculations but if others agree with it, I don't have a problem. Other than that, I agree with everything else.

This starts from Chapter 38 where Kaiju No. 9 molted his body into a new improved body, more muscular than the original. Not to mention that he displayed brand new abilities like the ability to sense Kaiju, combine with other Kaiju and regrow his entire body from that of an ant-Kaiju, not to mention his actions becoming unpredictable, as well as his old previous abilities from before being vastly improved in a short period of time (These scans are from 43 and 44).
By the way, isn't a new key needed for No.9?

By the way, isn't a new key needed for No.9?
Yes, which is why I put “Post-Molt Kaiju No. 9” on the proposals. I won’t delve into stat wise until the current fight is over, but I will put do separate tabbers for No. 9‘s Power and Abilities as Pre-Molt and Post-Molt.

Everything looks fine, I only have two things to address...

For Regeneration, I don't think it applies for High-Mid. It's structure is still their, but most of it's flesh and other stuff is gone but we can still see it's head is intact and connected to it's torso area. It's limbs are nearly gone as well. I'd argue at least Low-Mid...

Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, and even from severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage.

As for the range, I'm not good with calculations but if others agree with it, I don't have a problem. Other than that, I agree with everything else.
Agree

Reactive Evolution is good

Damage Boost seems good, if I get it right he made the bullets bigger to increase the damage, correct? It would also be size manip.

Not sure about regen, it seems more a form of Fusionism and Possession, as he parasited the ant by fusing with it.

If range has problems, maybe ask other calc members to give their opinion.

Everything else is good.

Damage Boost seems good, if I get it right he made the bullets bigger to increase the damage, correct? It would also be size manip.

Not sure about regen, it seems more a form of Fusionism and Possession, as he parasited the ant by fusing with it.
Yeah, pretty much

So, it would be both Possession Type 2 (Physical Possession) and Fusionism

It seems like the Kaiju can regenerate from brain damage so it would be at Mid regeneration at least.
Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

I am unsure if the case where it grows its body from a kaiju would be regeneration; usually, these case tends to from fusionism or/and possession similar to what SamanPatou said.

It seems to also be size manipulation from KobsterHope07's clarification; I guess it could work

I think the other stuffs look fine.

It seems like the Kaiju can regenerate from brain damage so it would be at Mid regeneration at least.
Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.
Well, Kaiju No. 9 already has Mid Regen for regrowing his head after being decapitated. Just was looking to see if I could get it to High-Mid but oh well. I guess it can be used as supporting for Mid-Regeneration.

I guess with the amount of support currently, I guess this CRT can be accepted. I will add the changes that was accepted in the thread.

Back