• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yeet type 5 Acausality or change it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion is that Dread is not suitable to review Type 5 Acausality cases based off their posts in the evaluation thread. Previously what they took as context that proves Acausality Type 5 was statements that, even with this slight revision, I think are far too lacking.

I think that Glass likely has a suitable understanding of Acausality to judge what is enough context for Acausality Type 5, but what I have seen has not given me such confidence with Dread.

Edit: I do acknowledge that their is the possibility that Dread has since gained a better understanding of Acausality Type 5, but until they have shown that I can only say that what I have seen of their evaluations does not make me think they are suitable.

Edit again: Though based off my going through the past posts of this very thread and the opinions and questions they asked, I have doubts that this has changed. I do think Agnaa also a suitable understanding of what Acausality Type 5 entails.

Last edited:
@Dread maybe for a couple weeks after next week I’m free given finals is also coming soon. But I’ll try to give some inputs whenever I get the time.

@Everything12 yeah, Ultima elaborated on how transcending cause and effect should mean you’re unfazed by any changes in the world, as opposed to the fact you’re uninteractable because of that statement, so I at least understand the type 5 requirements better now.

Idk if Agnaa’s going to monitor an evaluation thread for type 5 Acausality since I remember asking him for input and he said no, but if he’s willing to help that’s great

My opinion is that Dread is not suitable to review Type 5 Acausality cases based off their posts in the evaluation thread. Previously what they took as context that proves Acausality Type 5 was statements that, even with this slight revision, I think are far too lacking.

I think that Glass likely has a suitable understanding of Acausality to judge what is enough context for Acausality Type 5, but what I have seen has not given me such confidence with Dread.

Edit: I do acknowledge that their is the possibility that Dread has since gained a better understanding of Acausality Type 5, but until they have shown that I can only say that what I have seen of their evaluations does not make me think they are suitable.

Edit again: Though based off my going through the past posts of this very thread and the opinions and questions they asked, I have doubts that this has changed. I do think Agnaa also a suitable understanding of what Acausality Type 5 entails.
@Dread maybe for a couple weeks after next week I’m free given finals is also coming soon. But I’ll try to give some inputs whenever I get the time.

@Everything12 yeah, Ultima elaborated on how transcending cause and effect should mean you’re unfazed by any changes in the world, as opposed to the fact you’re uninteractable because of that statement, so I at least understand the type 5 requirements better now.

Idk if Agnaa’s going to monitor an evaluation thread for type 5 Acausality since I remember asking him for input and he said no, but if he’s willing to help that’s great
@Agnaa

If you find the time, we would appreciate your help here.

If I am interpreting it correctly, I am no longer permitted to evaluate with a new thread?

Eh? You are admitted to help out as usual. They just said that we should preferably let more knowledgeable members set up plans for how we should change our official standards regarding this particular issue.

Eh? You are admitted to help out as usual. They just said that we should preferably let more knowledgeable members set up plans for how we should change our official standards regarding this particular issue.
Alright! I misunderstood it, I apologize for this. But regarding the new thread, I assume we already said, we will do it next month due to DT/Ultima's busy schedule?

I don't think everything12 is interested in this thread but I assume the note above can be implemented since glass don't mind it either.

I don't think everything12 is interested in this thread but I assume the note above can be implemented since glass don't mind it either.
What note are you referring to? And which staff members have accepted it to be applied?

Can you elaborate regarding more of the full context for what you want to add and why please?

This note is not controversial.
While true acausality being unbounded completely and independently by cause and effect in the philosophical sense is impossible to prove, lesser forms of the idea appear often in fiction.
Will be added in Acausality type 5 description
Type 5: Causality Transcendence: Characters with this type of Acausality are completely independent of cause and effect, existing outside causality. Characters of this nature require evidence of being unable to be changed by any effect that relies on a system of causality, meaning that interacting with them normally is impossible.

Though the character is completely Independent of causality to the point of being unaffected by any outside change, this only extends to as far as evidence shows and not to things beyond its feats. While true acausality being unbounded completely and independently by cause and effect in the philosophical sense is impossible to prove, lesser forms of the idea appear often in fiction.

Note: Being completely independent of time or laws; or similar forces, does not make you completely independent of causality without the relationship between these forces and causality being clarified, with it only being considered as evidence for an irregular relationship with causality otherwise.
@Theglassman12 and many others have already approved it. It simply needs to be added, and the thread can be closed.

Last edited:
Only minor complaint I have is that it should be "its feats", not "it's feats", the latter would read as "it is feats", which clearly isn't intended, unless "their feats" was intended instead? That'd be more appropiate given the plural involved in that part.

In the other thought, Glass said he added the note I purposed, but never done that.

Never mind, I simply forget the context of those messages.

Last edited:
This note is not controversial.

Will be added in Acausality type 5 description

@Theglassman12 and many others have already approved it. It simply needs to be added, and the thread can be closed.
Thank you for the summary. 🙏

What are the differences with the current Acausality page wording? Just the bolded part of the draft text?

Also, which staff members have accepted it?

Thank you for the summary. 🙏

What are the differences with the current Acausality page wording? Just the bolded part of the draft text?

Also, which staff members have accepted it?
DDM, Princeofpain and Ultima mainly share the same viewpoint. It is an unconventional addition and similarly to omnipotence. We did the same thing for NEP.
If it is possible for you, unlock the page and apply the changes.

So we can move on and close the thread.

Last edited:
If it is possible for you, unlock the page and apply the changes.

So we can move on and close the thread.
Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back