• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yang Xiao Long vs Pikachu

Yang is way faster than pikachu. If pikachu can dodge a thunder wave then yang can. This is how I see it go down. Yang starts off way faster than it, blitzes, and once she makes contact slows down a bit. But she would still be way faster and continue wailing on him.

Actually, Yang might not slow down when she punches pikachu due to her aura. But there's no way for certain to know that sp it probably should't be considered

^What?

Yang is only faster in combat speed, in running speed (which is what she would use to catch up to Pikachu) Pikachu is faster even before agility.Yang Highpersonic + while Pikachu is High Highpersonic.So yes Pikachu can use agility before Yang can get in range.

With agility Yang can not catch up to Pikachu in any scenario so if Pikachu were to use Nuzzle Yang's only option is touching him since she isn't fast enough to get away leaving her paralized then Pikachu outspeeds her in every regard.

Combat speed is also burst speed, in which she will blitz pikachu before he gets the chance to use any moves

Pikachu would have to use agility two or three times to be able to outspeed Yang, and even if she were aflicted with paralysis she'd still be faster.

With such greater movement speed and having greater versatility at long range, Pikachu could just keep his distance, throw out a Thunder Wave, and keep his distance still for as long as he can.

Pikachu can use agility as he runs,thats how he uses it in the first place.

Also with 4 hits on Pikachu will paralize Yang any way because of his ability and as me and Lina have discussed Agility + Paralysis makes Pikachu faster.

Agility makes Pikachu Massively Highpersonic in Burst and Movment

Paralysis makes Yang High Highpersonic and Supersonic Movment speed

Put them together and Pikachu blitzes

Again Yang can get at best 4 Hits in before shes crippled and Pikachu still has quikattack that makes getting away a breeze.

Pikachu doesn't have time to use agility, though.

He doesn't start the fight automatically at Massively Hypersonic.

Yang still blitzes before Pikachu has a chance to use any of his moves.

RadicalMrR said:
Pikachu can use agility as he runs,thats how he uses it in the first place.
Also with 4 hits on Pikachu will paralize Yang any way because of his ability and as me and Lina have discussed Agility + Paralysis makes Pikachu faster.

Agility makes Pikachu Massively Highpersonic in Burst and Movment

Paralysis makes Yang High Highpersonic and Supersonic Movment speed

Put them together and Pikachu blitzes

Again Yang can get at best 4 Hits in before shes crippled and Pikachu still has quikattack that makes getting away a breeze.

Yang blitzes before he can use agility

Again, Yang would get those hits in before Pikachu can use any attacks, and even if she is affected by static she's still way faster and can beat him regardless.

Repeat of my first response

Even if she's paralyzed she's still anywhere from mach 56 to mach 88, whereas Pikachu is mach 35, so she'd still be much, much faster

Pikachu cannot blitz someone slower than him, he does not start out at MHS but you're acting like he does.

So at best Yang is only slightly over 2X faster at best and not even 1.5X at worst.Though Lina said it would be 75

Also her punches have enough knock back to send Pikachu flying for miles since he weighs like nothing something Pikachu has used before and Yang is guilty of doing way to much for being a H2H fighter.

Pikachu can easily get away with something like quickattack and all it takes is one agility for him out speed her after shes paralized.

I'm not acting like Pikachu startes at MHS all i'm say is it's way more likely Pikachu can get away and use AT LEAST 1 agility then Yang being able to hold Pikachu for the entire fight with a speed that even in real life can be dodged.

Yes, Paralyzed Yang is still much faster than Pikachu and more than fast enough to prevent him from using Agility.

According to Lina, Pikachu can max agility and still not be faster than Yang.

Quick Attack is game mechanics at best since, going by how it works, it would allow Pikachu to move faster than pokemon like Arceus. Also, Static still only has a 30% chance of taking effect, so Yang can get in three good punches and still be unaffected, and none of Pikachu's paralyzing attacks would be able to hit her due to the speed gap either.

Sigh, i don't think youre getting it. Youre saying Pikachu win if he's able to use moves that he will never get the chance to use in the first place. Pikachu would not be able to get away from someone so much faster than him, and one agility wouldn't make any difference, as stated above even with agility maxed Pikachu is still way slower.

1.Lina has said Paralized Yang is Mach 75 it is in the thread it's self there is no argueing this.Pikachu is Mach 35 also stated by Lina

2.Pikachu can use agility up to 6 times max something Lina has also wrote in this thread.

3.Pikachu has Static which isn't a move but a ability that is always active so Yang will get paralized from touching Pikachu.

4.Paralasis not only 1/4 your speed but has a 1/4 of makeing it so your oppoent doesn't move,take a guess what Pikachu is gonna do when that happens.

Paralized Yang = High Hypersonic combat and Supersonic Movement

Maxed out Agility Pikachu = Massively Highpersonic everything (35X6=Mach 210)

Me,Warrior,Cal,Cropfist,Kami,Sirius and Perpetual apparently only = 2?

RadicalMrR said:
1.Lina has said Paralized Yang is Mach 75 it is in the thread it's self there is no argueing this.Pikachu is Mach 35 also stated by Lina

2.Pikachu can use agility up to 6 times max something Lina has also wrote in this thread.

3.Pikachu has Static which isn't a move but a ability that is always active so Yang will get paralized from touching Pikachu.

4.Paralasis not only 1/4 your speed but has a 1/4 of makeing it so your oppoent doesn't move,take a guess what Pikachu is gonna do when that happens.

Paralized Yang = High Hypersonic combat and Supersonic Movement

Maxed out Agility Pikachu = Massively Highpersonic everything (35X6=Mach 210)

Me,Warrior,Cal,Cropfist,Kami,Sirius and Perpetual apparently only = 2?
1. Not arguing, I said that too (well, mach 88 but mach 75 is probably more accurate), but that's still fast enough to take Pikachu out.

2. Yes I noticed. And even then he won't be able to keep up with Yang unless she's paralyzed.

3. I'm well aware of it being an ability but I'm also aware that it only has a 30% efficiency rating, so Yang is more likely to be unaffected, and again, even if Static does take effect paralyzed Yang is still faster.

4. So Yang gets in three good punches and wins or attacks and is unable to move, which Pikachu takes advantage of to use agility once, which STILL wouldn't make him faster than paralyzed Yang (According to your math that would only make him mach 70), then takes him down before he can use it again. He can't use agility 6 times at once.

5. 2 after the speed downgrade, everything before that doesn't/shouldn't count because Pikachu's stats have drastically changed.

Well, if it becomes Mach 70 vs Mach 75, that's hardly enough for a blitz. Pikachu could always then clone himself, use agility again, or use Surf.

There's a pretty low chance that it will actually turn into a mach 70 vs mach 75, heck there's a pretty low chance this will turn into anything but a mach 35 vs mach 352

What downgrade?Pikachu is still listed High Hypersonic?

Also characters can tank WAY more then 3 punches especially in the same tier.

If Pikachu gets away Yang can't catch him since she has lower movment speed then him even in base.

Agility can be used in succession until his speed is 4X base(I keep thinking it's 6 I don't know why) in whitch case he outspeeds her.

I mean, Pikachu's bound to survive more than 3 or 4 hits, esp. seeing as Yang had no reason to be enraged yet, or even less cocky than usual. And that'll give Static time to work. Plus, she won't be used to the change in bodily functions. If Pikachu is getting blitzed, his first move would be to increase speed.

When this thread was made Pikachu was MHS, which is why most if not all people who voted for Pikachu said he would win. Notice how i acknowledged it when I brought up the issue about half way through the thread.

I'm well aware that characters can take more than just a few hits, and if they were the same speed i'd say its fair and that Pikachu may even have the upper hand in this fight, but the massive speed difference means that Yang will win before Pikachu has a chance to do literally anything.

Pikachu has no way of escaping Yang due to the speed gap.

Yes agility can be used in succession but not all 4 at the same exact time, there's a big difference

I'm aware that Yang would speedblitz the crap out of the mouse. I'm just saying that it won't be blitzing speed after the buff and debuff. The fact that Yang does speedblitz makes her more likely to get paralyzed through static, because she'd land the hits for it to be almost certain. One agility and it's no longer a blitz. Just a slight advantage to Yang in speed. Plus, due to Pikachu being a distance fighter for the most part, he'll get the chance to space out to agility again.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Anyway, since static is a passive ability, the debuffs will happen even without Pikachu's knowledge. He'll but himself when he realizes that he got hit without knowing. Or at that point he could Surf and let her drown due to her paralysis, but that's something no Pikachu would think of doing.

Yes its a passive effect but it has a relativelt low chance of actually taking effect, and how exactly would he buff himself if it doesn't take effect and she keeps attacking? And you do know paralysis isn't ACTUAL paralysis right? It's just knocks speed down to 1/4 of its previous level.

Paralysis is actual paralysis.

How it works is that it lowers the value of inflicted's speed to 25% of what it was previously, and has a 25% chance to completely paralyze them for a moment when they try to attack or move. (A turn in Pokemon's case)

Talonmask said:
25% chance to completely paralyze them for a moment when they try to attack or move. (A turn in Pokemon's case)
^This

Can any one take a shoot in the dark and give me the answer as to what Pikachu is gonna do when that happens?

RadicalMrR said:
Talonmask said:
25% chance to completely paralyze them for a moment when they try to attack or move. (A turn in Pokemon's case)
^This
Can any one take a shoot in the dark and give me the answer as to what Pikachu is gonna do when that happens?
Can't Iron Tail slice boulders in half? At the very worst, can't Pikachu summon lightning bolts on a whim? I dunno, unless Pikachu hits her with Thunder its Yang's win. And if she's paralyzed it should be way easier to hit her with.

Back